Howard University

« See more reviews of Howard University

Contrary to popular belief that HBCU students "slack off," my classmates are highly self-motivated and driven - which is seemingly a continuous effort to prove themselves to family, friends and even society.

My classmates tend to be interested in whatever major they're studying, but not the core requirements that the school recommends; although, the students pick the classes themselves.

Even though I go to a HBCU, my classmates are as diverse as they come; we come all 50 states, numerous countries around the world, different ethnic backgrounds, races and religions.

Even though people on the outside would say my classmates and I are the same because of our common ethnicity, we are all very different pieces that make up a beautiful masterpiece.

Because Howard University is a predominately black institution I think that someone who is not black might feel a little left out. Students are very politically aware and active.

We are hustlers, motivaters, networkers, leaders, fashion setters, world changers, grinders, incorporators, founders, friends, family, goal oriented, productive, and black.

My classmates are driven young adults who are looking to fufill their dreams, and overcome the many obstacles that come along with being a student at Howard University.

My classmates are helpful and concerned when it comes to making sure we all understand te coursework and if not then there are people who are willing to help.

MY classmates are clever, fun, and liberal. They know how and when to turn the switch between party loving college students to professional young adults.

Howard University is a HBCU. However, the diversity here is amazing. From carribeans, to Africans, to asians. almost every race is representedi n Howard