Howard University

« See more reviews of Howard University

Here at Howard University, I am in the heart of Washington, DC; therefore, I have a lot of options as to where I can spend my free-time. Additionally, being at this school my "street" senses are heightened, and I have become better at surveying my surroundings, especially when I am alone. The really unique thing about Howard, however, is the fact that the high exposure to culture just on campus is as much apart of the learning experience as the textbooks themselves.

Howard University is unique to me because it the only school I can start a legacy with. My dad came from Jamaica to attend Howard and from then it has been a family tradition. I love the history of Howard and the list of alumni who have gone on to make history. It inspires me even more to do the best I can because I know that those people were once in my shoes. Even though there is a lot that can be improved on campus, the Howard experience is incomparable.

Howard has a very good reputation when it comes to the transistion from school to the professional field from their students. With this reputation it allows for more opportunities to be presented to the current students from a very early stage. This university also does a great job of facilitating many different outlets that one may be interested in no matter what field of study they are.

Compared to other schools that I have visited, Howard Univeristy is a melting pot of different ethnicities. Yes it is a historical HBCU, but there are plenty of students from all over the country and all over the world that attend. Students get to experience different cultures without leaving the city of D.C. Howard is a place where people grow mentally, physically, and spiritually.

I think that my school is unique in that even though it is considered a historically black university, it is extremely diverse in its students and faculty. People here do not judge you by appearance or lifestyle. You can always find someone with the same interests as you no matter what it is. I also like how this school helps you connect to your roots no matter what they are.

My school is unique because it embaces not only the African-American culture, but the African culture as well. It allows African-American students who've never visited Africa to meet with students and teahers who reign from Africa. A lot of the English curriculum is basedaround the African/African-American culture and gives the students a sense of pride for their culture.

We are an HBCU (Historically Black College University) so we have a student and faculty population that is predominantly black. This presents a different outlook on the world as well as a different college experience. You arent a minority at Howard, you're apart of the majority and for once it feels like you have a voice that can be heard and opinions that matter. 'r

Those are the three words that you will say from the moment you first set foot on the campus till the day you walk across the stage, to the day you see your ultimate decision maker. Love is a strong word, and its the best way you can describe this family. Its all love, the good, the bad, the crazy, the epic.....at the end of the day, there is no place like it.

Howard University is a great school for our future leaders to grow. I've never been to another campus where the students have such a thirst for knowledge that they will create their own student-led class (Howard's Educational Revolution aka H.E.R.). I love my school, the student body, and the many extra-curricular activities and opportunities it offers.

We have a lot of business professional come and talk to students through out the year and talk to students and offer internships and jobs. We have one of the largest job fairs twice a year. It is very easy for students to recieve a job offer from major companies, such as BET, ESPN, NFL.