Howard University

« See more reviews of Howard University

Greek life runs the yard. Outside of that, honor fraternities, business fraternities, religious organizations, and organizations that give back to the community are all common.

The frats and sororities also SGA. But also various clubs such as the California Club.

African Students' Association Carribean Students Assocication

There's groups for everyone. Some people will try and transform themselves just to fit in to certain groups and organizations. Most of the people involved in groups, allow that group to define who they are... Don't just leave your doors open in dorms. It's just not a good idea. Athletic events aren't that popular. Football's probably the most popular, but it's still not that exciting. We do have al ot of guest speakers and special events, but they usually aren't highly publicized, so you always have to keep your ears and eyes open or you may miss out. A lot of people date and hook up, but relationships aren't that big. I met my closest friends freshman year living in the freshman girl's dorm, but I always am meeting new people too. Homecoming's obviously the biggest event, and it's always fun, but doesn't always meet everyone's expectations. Greek Life is a pretty big deal, seeing as how we have a lot of alpha chapters, but it seems like its more for association than actual activism. This past weekend, I went to a bar with my friends, went shopping and out to eat, chilled at the house, and contemplated the club. There's plenty of things to do besides drink, it just depends what you're into. I work off campus, go to the malls, go out to eat and drink, hang out with non-Howard friends, go to concerts and other special events, etc.

Campus life is how you make it. There are a lot of activities for students to participate on and off campus if they have the time. Howard homecoming is infamous, although I wouldn't say there was a big emphasis on sports in general. The dating scene can be a little stale for women as they outnumbered men 7:1 when I went there.

Cascade, CSA, Football, Tennis