Howard University

« See more reviews of Howard University

The worst thing about my school is the lack of finacial aid to students who would normally obtain such through merit. Scholars are appreciated here only through praise, not through monetary assistance. It's an HBCU, so we don't necessaruly have racial issues here, however there is a mjaor class distinction, that is obvious form the time one sets foot one campus. Howard would do well to treat less-financially endowed students with more respect.

The worst thing about Howard would be the lack of organization within the administration building. Students are regularly given the run-around when persuing answers to simple questions. We absolutely cannot trust the workers to help. We must always check and double check to make sure things are done. Especially in the financial aid office. I know people who have spent more than 4 hours in the administration building to take care of business.

The Business school is focused on the more analytical side of business, meaning they are more active with the accounting and finance majors. With me being a student trying to get into marketing I don't find many internships or speakers that are in the same field. Due to this problem I often find myself not as involved in the student body at the business school, I can't find anyone who is trying to go down a career path similair to mine.

The worse thing about my school is the mentally that some people have when leaving here. Not every experience here has been great for anyone, but i don't think that's different from any other school. However, some people graduate focused on the bad experiences and don't give back as alumni. In the end it hurts the growth of our university and it detracts from the service and community spirit the university was founded on.

The worst thing about my school is that at times it can become too cliqued off and people are power hungry. I understand its a competitive school and it is all about who you know and not what you know, but there are many people at the university who are just nobodies trying to find their place. Not everybody wants to take the initiative to help new-comers and others feel like they belong until major situations happen.

The worst thing about my school is the neglect towards students when it comes to finding ways to pay for college. The financial aid office is ran by individuals that do not care if students get purged because they cannot find ways to pay for college. We are the future alumni that are going to graduate and go out in to the world representing this college and we have no financial backup to help us along the way.

The worst thing about my school is the organization of the administration. If I have a problem, it shouldn't be a problem to see the people I need to see to solve my problem. The people working in administration shouldn't be rude and I shouldn't have to always worry about whether or not I made enough copies of paperwork, because the administration is liable to say that they've lost it.

The thing I consider the worst at my school is the financial aid department. Sometimes faxed information is not processed in a timely manner. At other times, grants are not applied to the account or they are removed without notice. Another thing that has happened is that the staff might not answer the office phones or you are taken in a complete circle before your question is answered.

I would have to say that Howard University needs to continue to strategically improve their administration building, which essentially is in control of the clarical work that needs to be done for both students and parents. This is a critical need because for both first-time as well as returning students the process for attending a university should be as smooth and simple as possible.

It's orgaization and administration. Financial aid isn't as abundant as it should be, administrators are rude and don't care about the students. There are always long lines for registration, financial aid, etc. The school is not as technologically advanced as it should be. There is not transparency when it comes to the monies that the school recieves/raises and the budget.