Howard University

« See more reviews of Howard University

An individual who is extroverted, ambitious, expressive, and ready for a challenge should attend Howard University. There are a lot of social clubs and events to get and keep students involved in campus activities and to encourage socialization amongst our peers. If you don't possess ambition, you shouldn't enroll in school. Not every student has a clear picture as to what they want to ultimately achieve, but they do know they want to be successful and alone takes hard work and commitment. Students should be ready to think beyond their comfort zones and take leadership roles at Howard.

I would say that there is no specific type of person that is eligible to attend Howard University. Although it may be a Historically Black University, Howard's campus is open to everyone. In fact, this University has a significant number of students of many different ethnicities and cultures. However, I would say to any person entering this level of education, that knowing who you are is very important when attending any college. It is very easy to lose yourself in people, organizations, groups, and etc..., so its vital to have a complete understanding of yourself and your goals.

A future or current student of Howard University should be very inpendent. It should be an individual who is capable of creating success on their own. Someone who is innovative, sociable, and has great networking skills. A student of Howard University should be a person willing to struggle to survive and determined to demonstrate their intelligence, charater and personality in the best light. A student of Howard University should be there simply because there is no other institution they would rather be at...despite its flaws it is truly their dream school.

Howard is a historically black college. Therefore, the majority of the undergraduate body is african american or has ties to the african american community. However, the general population was in the top of their class and come from more affluent areas. In fact, about a third of the students are legacy students, with parents, grandparents and even great grand parents being alumni. With this being said there are niches amongst the campus, yet the community as a whole is driven and goal oriented. Socially equipped, trends and fashion are a major past time.

The kind of person that should attend Howard University should be determined to accomplish all goals and not give up on any opportunities that may become difficult. They should be confident with themselves and strong overall to excel in future endeavors. A Howard University student should also be social because when one is anti-social you miss out on great opportunities and amazing individuals. Finally, one must be a "go-getter", meaning getting assignments, registration, and other important duties complete in a timely manner by yourself.

Those who desire to experience schooling in at a historically black institution would be right at home at Howard. Also people who would like to step outside of their comfort zone of predominately white institutions and experience different African cultures would definitely be able to do so at Howard. Howard is a great place to go for networking and for job opportunites since it is in the heart of the DC-metropolitan area. There are many other great institutions in the area for Howard students to associate with as well.

Howard is an institution that creates leaders, allows people to be themselves, and gives them opportunities to grow as a person also. However, those that attend Howard should be confident, because going to Howard as a follower, or someone that falls under peer pressure easily can lead to the down fall of an individual. While there are people that will be there for you and help you through rough times during school that become life long friends, there are also people that can and will manipulate followers and use them.

I believe that the kind of person that should attend Howard is a person who is looking to not only find their calling and make life long friends. Even though Howard is a HBCU what ive learned is that each and everyone that walks on this campus is different. No two students are alike and for that I greatly appreciate everything that Howard has offered. If a person is looking for school spirit, life long friends, a few struggles that will shape you as a person and a great education then Howard is the best choice.

There is no stereotype or "kind" of person that should attend this school. Because Howard is an Historically Black University, most automatically assume that you must be black to attend but that is completely untrue. Any and everyone can succeed at Howard no matter their race or place of origin. The professors are exceptional and the course selection is endless. There are also multiple personalities and large varieties of clubs to join and organizations to be involved in that express a wide array of interest.

Howard University is a melting pot of a campus that houses students from not only all over the United States but the Carribean and other parts of the world. There is a club for every state/country/religion and if they dont have a club or sorority or fraternity to represent you our student association will easily help you start your own group. Anyone and everyone who is determined to better themselves by having an education would love Howard University's school spirit, campus, and student fellowship!