Howard University

« See more reviews of Howard University

I wish I had known that it has such a competitive campus life environment where every female wants to be the best and on top of others. Most females that attend my school easily becomes so fashionable and always wants to dress to impress and attract males, including going the extra mile to really expose themselves just to get attention.

Before I came to Howard University I wish I had the chance to talk more with financial aid and administrative officals to have a better understanding of how their process works. I also think I would have liked to know what types of student organizations where available so that I could better prepare myself to join the Howard community.

I wish I had known how hard it would be to be so far away from my family and friends back home. It is extrememly difficult to be comfortable and fully enjoy the college experience when you miss so many people so much. However, I have overcome this struggle for 2 1/2 years, and I will continue to overcome for the next year and a half.

I wish I would have known more about the staff, administration, and financial aid at Howard Univeristy. I think these are three departments that need extensive work done to them inorder to make the university as a whole a better place for its students. I also wish I would have had an opprotunity to take a tour of the dormitories.

the scholarships they have available for students upon entering. I was an excellent high school graduate-honor's list, high recognition, plaques and awards, etc. but they were not used to the grading scheme yet because I came from a caribbean school, where we do not assign gpa but instead averages of numbered and lettered grades

That scholarships can be taken away very quickly if you don't keep your GPA at the required level (even by one semester). And that every activity you join will have its own version of a pledge process to build unity and friendships. And that keeping up a long distance relationship would be insanely hard.

I wish I would have known that the financial administrators do not have the students best interest at heart and if you need something done it is solely up to you to find the right person to talk to because they will give you the run around and treat you like a number intead of a person.

I was a transfer student when I came to Howard University, and I wish I would have known that all my Accounting credits earned from my previous academic institution were not going to be accepted. If I had known this fact, I would have been in a position to make well informed decisions.

Before I came to this school, I wish I would have known more about the programs and academic departments so that I could have started taking classes earlier that pertained to my major. That way I wouldnt have to be just a little behind. But I wouldnt trade my expereince for the world.

Before I cam eto this school I wish I had known that as a chemistry major it was not wise to try and work while at the same time on a very rigorous class schedule. I wish I has known just how hard the curriculum is for a chemistry major and how much it takes to stay on task.