Howard University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Howard University

Alexandria

I love it here. There is always something going on and I meet new people every day. We laugh, argue, cry, etc.. just like a huge family. It's a variety of people here, and I always learn something new each day about a different person. If I had a choice to go somewhere else, I would still choose to go to Howard University.

Keoniah

I feel like Howard is a great school with brilliant students but the administration completely sucks. If administration gets its act together and gets things done that need to be done around campus then it would be one of the best schools ever. But since they don't, it is a very frustrating experience especially for first year students.

Nyrema

There are many reasons one should attend Howard University. Howard University is an opportunity for people from across the globe to surround themselves around greatness! Though many people think Howard University lacks diversity this couldn't be far from the truth. Sharing similar complexions is not the same as sharing the same culture! Howard also has great majors including political science which I am interested in studying.

Somer

I love Howard University and I honestly wouldn't choose any other school. It has its​ room for improvement but overall, Howard is known to be THE Mecca for a reason. Students can be a little entitled at times but it is not hard at all to find YOUR group.

India

Howard University is a very vibrant school with an endless amount of opportunities for every student! Whether it is a school run event or a small study group, Howard students are always happy and interacting with one another. I can't see myself at another college and the atmosphere that I was first embraced with is what made my decision to go to Howard University.

Jillian

I love it! Its a very social and ethnically diverse school that provides plenty of opportunity to get to experience many aspects of life outside of school and in other cultures. Howard has a personality that has been preserved for many years giving students a confidence and helping them understand themselves.

Dahlya

I love my school, while there are a lot of improvements that need to be made, especially within the administration and the facilities on campus (ex. bad customer service-especially over the phone haha, and less than satisfactory dorms at times- water damage, roaches and rats, mold etc. etc.), I love the Howard experience.

Oluwadare

Howard university is an amazing school with different varieties of people but there are dangers when you can't tell who is a student and who is a native of the area. There are few robberies on campus but many of them do happen off campus which is really close. There are so many beautiful scenes but just be aware of your surroundings.

Jana

Howard University is everything I thought it would be as a bright eyed, fresh out of high school senior. However, since I've matriculated here I realize that Howard isn't the place for stagnant or passive people. This school and the experience that comes with attending The Mecca is exactly what you make of it. If you do not participate, go out of your way to meet people, and speak up and out for what you believe in(even when it's against your own institution) you will not succeed and you will get swept under the tide. This school is the best thing that has happened to me so far, I've met so many talented people from all across the globe and they've all taught me small lessons that helped me to see the bigger picture. As a Bison, I've seen myself grow and I've only just completed my freshman year. I've done so much, from participating in taking over the Administration building to joining service organizations and finding my true self and becoming independent. Forming my opinion of Howard University as a school that is made not only by the administration and the institution itself, but by each individual student starts with me.

Cheryl

I am a Howard alumnus!! I earned a MSW and have returned to this University to earn a M. Div degree. I cannot imagine attending any other university. The diversity, the breadth of intellect which the professors offer, the accessible of the staff and the daily encouragement and support from all is AMAZING!!

Timiyah

My overall opinion on Howard University when I visited it was I liked it it’s a good school , he has great opportunities for the major that I want to go into if I plan on going to the school , good sororities & extra activities the students seem nice they was definitely nice when I visited the place they was very helpful knew what they was doing , the whole place seems like it’s nothingbut good vibes , fun & everybody comes to together but at the same time their dedicated to their studies & get their work done.

maniya

uhwjcijbcjiucicbscnsjhcvioefufeuuhjkcfuriefukknnlnhcjncjlbncfjswbcfjuwbfcidieijgmeo[gikjhuaskjxmc l;kfjhrdmsdlklfjvnc mldkjfhnvcsm,zldkeuskjlx,s[fujtrjkfg v;vgnofeuhncf dklcfgwduhgn regvnreu9ufn dl;gvnhjknv ldmvgwjfcjabxc dw'gkorjgiowdhnfcj aswkjcfnhbwiyvfwqkdcnlaskncfhdjuebgtlowofcfskqlifucnhueiybc fkfcdtfioerj hsucihzujwhjfnlkrjg brewidhfnc lksam xc;lnbegitgjknw,c.lsberkjfdaxl dkl;rnthjueri cfnlsdrnhyeirfyehwkjacmf'dsp0ohk,gr;dlb vsautxdbgslovgnfklujmypomnhgjkdsbgfcsn frkwnhfkbgfdakjldsbvgwjfynhcl;jfhlkwvkbds

Quiana

Howard is a great institution it provides many opportunities for everyone. The learning atmosphere is awesome professors are hands on and here for your education and here to service you. Howard was a dream come true.

Tarah

Howard University has it's ups and downs, but the experience I am receiving as a student I know I can get no other place. As an engineering student, my academics are demanding, but Howard does a great job of training students to balance academics and social life, as well as campus involvement.

Zahraa

I love going to Howard. Going to an HBCU is a special experience that I wish more Black students could experience. I do wish the administration was more organized and that they payed more attention to bettering the computer science program. However, I still recommend the school.

Jonathan

I honestly love my school. I hate our financial aid setup however I do feel that the great outweighs the bad. Of course there are some things that I would love to change however I know that things are often easier said than done but with the right help I believe Howard could be even better than she is.

Jemya

I love my school but it does need some upgrades. Of course upgrades cost money and Howard doe not have a lot of that. Maybe one day the funds will be available to upgrade dorms and food services. Another issue many students on campus face is the run around. I wish that the workers truly understood their jobs and were able to help or direct you to a person that can help but that is not always the case.

Dominique

Howard University is not only the Mecca of Black education, but it also serves as the most diverse melting pot of Black people in America. Here, all of these beautiful, Black people, from African American to Afro Cuban, Afro Caribbean and so many others, come together to learn, grow, and succeed.

Elijah

I love it.

Arionna

My overall opinion of Howard University is that it is need of a lot of improvement, in terms of infrastructure, organization, and maintaining an environment in which everyone feels as though they have a place on campus. However that's not what makes it a great school. What makes it great are the people that you meet, who have a differing point of views from various backgrounds. It's the staff, that work dutifully every day to make sure you get what you need, in terms of nutrition, and aid. Most importantly, it's the teachers, who even in a class of 150 students, can capture your attention, and make sure you leave with new information. So yeah, Howard University has a lot of work to do, but in where it counts, it's excelling.

Sierra

My overall opinion of my institution is it is not my favorite place in the world, like some students, but it is a place where I am comfortable enough to come back to every school year. I have had amazing teachers who appear difficult, but truly care about your education in their class. I LOVE the food on campus and around campus in the DC scene, and the housing is getting better and better every year. It may be a little expensive from time to time, but it is definitely worth the experience and important lessons that come with it. I am truly proud of Howard University; they try their hardest to be the best that they can be, just like myself, and current and past students.

Howard University has so many opportunities. I believe that the foundation that Howard creates for its students allows them to tackle any challenge or issue. In addition to that, Howard develops many successful and ambitious people. Not only does well-rounded business students graduate from Howard University, but well rounded affluent individuals in all fields such as the Arts, the Sciences, Engineering, Nursing, Communications, etc. The facilities are a little dated but, still get the job done. The school is in the city so there are millions of things to do, you will never be bored. You meet all kinds of people from all over the world and are exposed to so many different cultures. I really love my HU!

Tadj

Howard University is an illustrious school. There's a wide variety of people, groups, and activities on and off campus. Howard has a special welcoming atmosphere that cannot be compared. It is nearly impossible for one to feel alone here; the students, staff, and administration are always there for each other and are more than willing to help each other out in any way they can. The opportunities at Howard are unbelievable, and the school makes sure opportunities are available for all classes, graduate and undergraduate. If ineligible to attend full time, I would at least recommend for one to visit, take a summer class, or even apply for graduate school.

Steven

I loved it and appreciated the experience and can not wait to finally attend the University. The culture and the students there are amazing and welcoming to people from all over. While walking throughout the campus, you are sure to encounter individuals engaging in an intellectually stimulating conversation.

Kalista

The Howard University is the number one HBCU in the world. The environment and people are incredible. The truth is that it never is as bad as people say it is at Howard. That is not to say that you won't have issues with the administration, because it is an HBCU and goes through organization issues. However, I can honestly say that the collection of black excellence here is uniquely overwhelming. The student body is full of ambitious, passionate, and intelligent people dedicated to growing as students. We support each other to reach our goals and understand this is a place to grow as minds and as a culture. I love it here and cannot imagine going anywhere else.

Howard University is my number one HBCU. The STEM program provided at this institution is remarkable. The culture surrounding this university creates a feeling of family. The interaction among teachers & students is not comparable to any other university that I have visited.

Rekhia

In all honesty, Howard would be nothing without the spirit of the students. In its current state, the students are really the heart of this campus. There is low morale, but through it all we still stick it out because the culture that has been created and the history is incredible and it is a wonderful thing to be part of. Once you figure out how to navigate the administration and financial aid, it really is so rewarding to be here and know that this education isn't available at every institution and that's why I'm coming back. It truly is a place where the strong not only survive, but thrive, and the others are forced to grow up and deal with things that other students don't have to experience, but may need to.

George

Howard can offer you so much in terms of an education, sports, college lifestyle, and also it provides opportunities in life after college. Located in the United States capital also makes Howard special, but everything comes together because Howard has made it so that after you graduate you can go compete in the real word. Even though the campus is majority black, the diversity at the campus still gives you a taste of the real world.

Ayanna

My experience at Howard has been amazing. The academic environment is top notch, there are plenty of activities and groups to join and there are plenty of opportunities for everyone. The professors are amazing and the education you receive is unparalleled. I couldn’t imagine going to any other school.

Kaneisha

We desperately need better financial aid and though it is a great school the disorganization is massive. There are plenty of activities to participate in. The students are very nice and intelligent for the most part. The professors vary on who you have but some additional learning outside of the class may be necessary. The social scene is great but when it comes down to actually getting work done it is extremely hard to get in contact with who you need.

Italia

Howard University, also known as "The Mecca". Sounds beautiful and enticing. The student body recognizes that and tries their best to ensure that their work ethic lives up to this name. But more often than not we find ourselves struggling to find the support we need to keep our work ethic strong. Beginning with the fact that student's on campus housing are poor living conditions. What we experience here are unheard of at other institutions. For example, one of our male dorms went without hot water for weeks. Then one of the female dorms flooded. But that's not the only place where Howard lacks. They lack in the administration building as well. Long lines of students who can be there for hours only to straighten out a financial aid issue or to clear a medical hold. Losing paperwork or not having a clear communication with students. One person saying one thing but then another administrator denying that. The administration system overall needs work. As someone who's majoring in the performing arts, having quality performing spaces is something I care about. Having quality equipment is something we need but aren't provided with. Our musical theatre majors only have one piano, we don't have any rehearsal spaces within the fine arts building, the list could go on. Then it happens quite often that the school leaves fine arts to operate on its own, leaving us to deal with our own issues. Only being left to say that Howard in regard to it's care for students educational tools, is very poor. Sitting in the middle of the nation's capital, one may assume that the student body and campus has an abundance of resources at the edge of their fingertips. That because this school is in the faces of many important people, it should be cared for. But unfortunately we have been left in the blind. I feel as though we appreciate Howard so we attend to be apart of up keeping it's legacy but this appreciation is not reciprocated for it's students. Howard's legacy is what drives the student body so well. To work hard, graduate and be someone. That part is excellent. There is an understood feeling of pride and family and togetherness that has pushed students to fight thought their four years. That is what makes Howard, Howard. It's beautiful. Something that couldn't be rated on a scale of five stars. That's how great it is to be a student here, to feel as though you're a part of something much larger than yourself. It is what keeps us going. Howard is not perfect. It will just take time to get there.

Anissa

Overall Howard University is the number 1 HBCU, but it could use some work. Housing wise, there is a freshman girl dorm that is currently being renovated, but girls are still living there in not so good conditions. Food wise, the food is okay, definitely room for improvement. Food outside of campus is kind of scarce and you must Uber or take the metro to a lot of places. Howard is a great school, like others, it needs some work, but you get a lot of opportunities to do many things towards your major or even to fulfill your creative pallet.

Truth

When I first matriculated to Howard, all I heard people go on about was its legacy of "greatness" as the "Mecca." However, to my horror, I soon realized that all this talk was only a bunch of exaggerated hype. What I have encountered is a terrible, unorganized administration, mediocre students mixed with some overachievers, and staff that are extremely rude, non customer-service oriented, AND/OR incompetent. The educational advising is absolutely horrible. Rather than help students successfully and strategically map out their academic schedules, our outdated, clueless advisors would rather give smart remarks about "how we should know that already." If I did, do you think I would have come to you, genius?! Department faculty are always on a different page from each other and give conflicting information for simple questions. They will have you running around campus for hours trying to get a simple situation resolved due to their lack of uniformity. Yes, you will learn how to be assertive in taking care of your affairs, but that is no excuse for overwhelming incompetency. Administration needs revision from the top-down. The food is decent enough but there are only two cafeterias, and they have very limited hours that are not conducive to a college student's late schedule at all. Convenience stores are scarce and lacking (imo). Housing, buildings, and facilities are for the most part run-down, inadequate, and lacking technology. Although they are working on establishing several modern buildings, we need a widescale renovation of the whole campus. A 21st century college needs 21st century technology and facilities. As a result of limited resources, many of the already belligerent students here have a scarcity mentality. Yes, Howard Students can be quite impressive in terms of their grades, internships, extracurricular activities, political activism, and experiences abroad. However, for all of their talk about "black unity" and "self- love," the ever prevalent self-hatred within many segments of the black community cannot be hidden. As minority students, HU students still exist within a diversity-challenged society that accepts a select number of token minority performers. Couple this phenomenon with the natural competitiveness and crab-in-the-barrel mentality of blacks, and you've got a clear picture of the competitive environment at Howard. It is a competitiveness that does not stem from a healthy source. Those who love to indulge the image of Howard as an academically competitive school are stupid; yep, Howard students are "competitive" alright. They use being "competitive" as a cover for acting out their destructive, jealous tendencies and as a result feel justified in resorting to any method to tear down those they view as competition. If you think that Howard is a place that you will go and meet open-minded intellectual, decent, respectful people, THINK AGAIN. Meeting the true intellectuals here is a real gem, but the vast majority of morons you will encounter here are extremely close-minded, cliquish, and hateful for no reason other than they found a reason to dislike the way you dress or are attempting to disguise their envy for your "stuck up" sense of confidence. No, the real world is not rainbows, smiles, and sunshine but there exists some common decency and respect among productive members of society, something you will not find at Howard. Granted , there are some individuals that haven't been tainted by the ignorance that stems from several facets of urban "black" culture. But, by and large, for all of their talk about social justice, truth, and service, many individuals here cannot even show tolerance and respect to someone with a lifestyle that deviates too far from their warped conception of what is "normal" and "acceptable," particularly as it relates to so-called black culture...I say the following statement with all seriousness. I truly believe that Howard University exposes many black people for the mentally disturbed, innately hateful, joyless, GODLESS, and immoral N-I-G-G-E-R-S that they truly are. NO, not all people of African descent. But it's amazing how black people will display such hatred for one another only to act like sane, respectful individuals around non-blacks (yet who still desperately crave validation from whites, Latinos, Indians, Arabs, East Asians, etc. ). You will find many who profess to be believers of God but whose very lifestyle and vindictive spirit demonstrate otherwise. In addition, many of the students are cheating frauds who will actually take pictures of exams in teachers' office and during actual exams to have the answers looked up and discussed in GroupMe chats (ha, they call it "finessing"). Even the idiots here know that an A grade is vital, and will cheat their way there, even if it means looking at a whole pre-written essay on their phone for a final exam. During midterms and finals, go and observe any class around campus. Students will head straight for the back and huddle together during test time like a herd of sheep unless separated. The whole time they are constantly causing distractions, making noise, whispering answers, checking their phones, and when caught, will have the audacity to argue with the teacher/TA. Those with an acute sense of perception will immediately sense the hostile, tense, and heavy sense of depression that pervades the campus, and it comes from the hearts of its morally bankrupt residents. Indulgence in humanistic philosophies, drug use, and casual sex are the norm here, as they are at other college campuses across America. It is not hard to see that many of the "women" here, despite their failed attempts to look "classy" are undignified, soulless black whores that truly despise all that is wholesome and good but rather derive what little worth they have from tearing down others, gossiping, and buying the latest fashions. Many are shallow, self-absorbed, and just straight up have a horrible stinking spirit despite their "pretty" faces. Too busy worried about dressing up to go to the Punch Out than actually contributing anything valuable to black advancement, OR just attempting to be a kind person. Many guys and girls here often thank "God" for their blessings, but their true god is their car, possessions, sex life, or money. Howard is not worth the tuition that it charges. Unless you are like the shallow, superficial b-a-s-t-a-r-d-s I described, you will not enjoy Howard. The only good thing about the school is the excellent teachers that are few and far between and can truly inspire you to succeed as a person, and the diversity of courses you can easily take, especially if you are on a scholarship. However, more faculty should be hired so that class scheduling is not so difficult. It is not the typical college experience in any form or fashion. In short, you will find yourself disappointed.

Nicolee

Administration is absolutely pathetic. Workers, many professors, and staff need to drop the ghetto attitude and actually help and advise students, not get a laugh out of seeing them needlessly struggle. The excellent professors are here but you just have to find them and will be glad you did. Yet, if you want to be in a ghetto hellish nightmare, HU is the place. Update the facilities and housing and the school will be on par with other campuses. Advising center is hypocritical; trying to be savvy now when, in my freshman year, it felt like an impossible task to even schedule an appt, much less hear something helpful. As far as the students...I’m sorry to have had the misfortune of being in the same graduating class as such close-minded idiots and the most mentally lazy/inept/hateful “scholars” I have ever met. No class, uncultured swine, annoying as h***, and overall juvenile losers with no lives or true futures. Be prepared to meet delusional Nigerians and other mentally retarded Africans who are under the amusing delusion that they’re actually going to be true “engineers,” “lawyers,” and “doctors” yet cheat (they like to call it “finessing”) their way through classes or study all night for exams that mirror 60-70% of previous ones, lol. Milk the school and experiences for all they’re worth then get out; or do yourself a favor and transfer early. So over it and on to better things. Thank God I didn’t pay a dime for tuition. As they like to say, “ISSA trap!”

Shaylynnkinne

Great school for social work students. D.C. is a awesome place to be expose to cultural diversity. The since of community at Howard is very close knited there are a lot of resources open to students and in the D.C. area. There are many clubs and organizations for students to become involved.

Olaoluwa

Howard University as a Historically Black College and University (HBCU) provides a rich learning experience for her students leading to academical, cultural and self-discovery. Howard University does not only provides the opportunity to explore the academic field of study but also gives the opportunity to discover oneself which leads to career and self-fulfillment. The commitment of the faculty to excellent service is a huge motivation for students to go beyond surface level learning and be part of change agents in the society. Currently, Howard University is the only HBCU to be ranked in the U.S News and World's Report's Best Colleges Ranking of National Universities at 124th position in the 2017 Edition which is an improvement from the previous Edition of 135th position. However, one major concern that needs to be addressed quickly is the maintenance culture. One gets to see quite a number of facilities that are not properly maintained and I guess that was the reason for the break of heating system in some of the major buildings last winter.

Tone'

More financial aid. Otherwise, love it!

Nas

Howard is by no means perfect and definitely not for everyone. But it is a prestigious university rooted in a great legacy that we will proudly uphold. It was here that I saw both President Barack Obama and First Lady Michelle Obama deliver speeches on the same stage in Cramton Auditorium. Here that I learned what it meant to truly persevere to victory.

Shadae

I like it

Amina

Alright, look...Howard is so popular but it's really like any other school. We experience hardships and most of the times we don't see where our money is going to, but there is still an experience to be had here. Our hardships are suffered with each other, the student body here is AMAZING. You feel the love and support and no matter who you are, there's no way you won't fit in. THERE ARE ALSO A LOT MORE OPPORTUNITIES PRESENTED TO US HERE!! PAID INTERNSHIPS CAN BE ATTAINED WITHIN THE BLINK OF AN EYE! That is definitely one thing I can say the administration does for us. Numerous well known companies come out all the time for our career fairs. Even before the career fairs, there are events and workshops that help with resume building, how to dress properly and tips on styling the African American kinky hair to still look presentable in a professional setting. There are some things that need to be improved on such as the school infrastructure, administration being more straightforward with students and not having us do a runaround between different departments for some information, etc. Over all, it's a great school.

Deonte

I want to go there because they have great people who went there. They are amazing. They started most of the fraternities and sororities. They also have great academics. They have an amazing band. Their college campus is amazing and clean. They also have respectful professors.

A

If you don't get a full-ride scholarship to Howard, don't go to Howard. Let me explain. Howard is one of those schools you think is amazing -- until you get there. I would not advise coming here. Don't get me wrong, you'll meet some really nice people and the atmosphere is magnificent (attending an HBCU as a person of color and being in the heart of the District). With that being said, the employees are rude. You will get the run around no matter what you're trying to do: schedule classes, get college credits transferred, see an academic advisor, transferring outside scholarships, applying for housing. No one will answer your phone calls, your emails, your countless amount of submitted tickets. Howard will leave you high and dry. Throughout the year, at Howard, I've encountered heat outages in my dorm (in the middle of winter--my dorm is only 4 years old btw), little to no hot water to shower and complete hot water outages with freezing cold water (i've heard of flies and worms in the showers of older dorms), air conditioning outages, laundry room outages, wifi outages, vending machine outages (yes), computer and printer outages (which have not been fixed for about a good 4 months if not more, leaving us to have to walk across campus every time we need to print something off or use a computer). In other dorms and dining halls, I've encountered or heard stories of rats (yes, in the dining halls-- where they cook your food-- where you eat. Also, some girls moved from an older dorm to my newer dorm building because there were rats, might I add in the middle of a hot summer), roaches (be careful where you set your bags down in the educational buildings, I've seen them in the biology and communications/speech buildings). Howard recently went through a situation where pipes burst, damaging a number of educational buildings. This could've been avoided by turning the heat on once or twice over the winter break. Instead, students are having to relocate their classes to different buildings, some off-campus or across town. Even more disgusting, Howard University shut the student center down for a month after classes started in January. This left those closest to the cafeteria in the student center (mostly freshman boys who are extremely far away from campus) to walk to the other side of campus (which is no walk in the park, no pun intended) just to eat. Leaving the one open cafeteria ridiculously packed and crowded. In addition to that, Howard waited until two nights before classes were supposed to start to inform us that classes were cancelled (due to pipes bursting and heat outages)-- leaving some students who had already returned to dorms without heat or hot water in the middle of winter in the northeast. (They claimed it was due to extreme weather. But, might I add, all the other universities in DC were completely fine and ready to open without any building damages). For two weeks after that incident, wifi was out in one of the dorm halls. Howard is just an unnecessary excuse of an educational institution built solely on its students and the culture and barely on its facilities and quality of education. Bottom line is: Will people, especially those in the African American community, be impressed because you go to Howard University? Sure. Will you gain good memories and experiences from living in the nation's capital and being surrounded by poc excellence for four years? Sure. Will you probably get a good scholarship to Howard if you're a good student? (A to A+; 1300+ New SAT; 28 + ACT) Sure. However, those are the only pros that I can think of. You will be so frustrated at every moment of your life if you attend this university, for four years straight. If I didn't have a scholarship covering almost my entire bill to attend, I would have transferred a long time ago. All in all: If you don't get a full-ride to Howard, don't go to Howard. It's as simple as that.

Tabitha

Howard was my number one choice. There is so much history at Howard University it was an honor to take part and also be a part of history. However, they need to do renovate some buildings and dorms. Campus life is very social and Howard offers many networking opportunities for students to succeed after graduation.

MLK

I DON’T CARE WHAT BLM or anybody else says. BLACKS.ARE.WICKED. PERIOD! Hateful and overall juvenile losers with no lives (or moral credibility) who will attack everything with which they disagree. Admin is INCOMPETENT at addressing student problems & allows known bullies (Anari Ormond, Tiffany Savage, Gabrielle Hall) to operate unabated. Many HU students appear professional but lack moral conviction. Most fit the profile of schizos/stalkers who will ACTUALLY pass by you and mutter insulting remarks in a desperate attempt to irritate you (the wannabe THUGS are boldest when w/ their little "friends").They speak about "justice" but double as PT bullies & psychopaths (Dianne Ekeji, Ruby LeMorin, Anna Mitchell, Jonace Telfer, Milan Barbee, Monesha Woods, Alexis McCullough, more names to be added!) who LIVE to spread and revel in desperate, sad rumors made up by other losers, even if only to raise their pathetic self-esteem (lol).Will protest anything in a heartbeat but lack the mental capacity to comprehend politeness (or other HUMAN attributes). At a school where black students are trained as "future leaders," who knew being conservative and/or PROPER still equates to the crime of "acting white?" If I were an employer seeking a healthy work culture, I wouldn't hire most of these people ACROSS THE BOARD, not just at HU.Be prepared to meet shady Nigerians & AA's who are under the delusion that they’re actually going to be true engineers, lawyers, and doctors yet cheat (“finesse”) their way thru classes or study all night for exams that mirror 60-70% of previous ones, lol. As far as the “social justice” aspect of HU goes, much of the BLM movement is a joke, as we've seen numerous times (sex trafficking, etc.).You actually have total jokes (like HU med student, Judy Oranika) creating blogs about their “black identity” and quoting that BLM bull yet their very well-hidden personal lives -and the lives of those around them - reflect the exact OPPOSITE (Gillian Lee, Melanie Swang, Termara Parker, Morgen Owens, Krista Taylor, Kessler Hurd, Rachel Darko. NEWSFLASH: You're not to going resemble anything close to a real doctor/attorney/etc. if you're some DRUGGIE cretin that delights in potentially seeing others suffer.If you were to observe the treatment that many black students receive from other "blacks," you would swear on your life that the whole movement is an ABSOLUTE LIE and see how much BLACKS (everywhere!) make the crabs-in-a-barrel theory a reality (ask Charles Barkley). They literally beg other ethnicities to join their movements but take delight in just the THOUGHT of seeing one another fail. Blacks have zero-sum thinking, thus they "win" when another black person "falls" yet demand the world's respect. So many blacks profess to be "Christians" but their lives show God is NOT real to them. Tbh, most will probably bust Hell WIDE OPEN. Honestly, I wouldn’t be shocked if the majority of n*gger females there were practicing some type of WITCHCRAFT/ VOODOO/Satanic occultism as vindictive as their spirits are. If you value your virtue, avoid most guys/girls on campus as the majority are color-struck losers who subscribe to urban whoredom culture and despise all that is good.Well-trained in petty BS but lack the drive, intelligence, & focus to EFFECTIVELY combat the corrupt system about which they chronically complain. If AA's represent the future of the "black race," it's no wonder we are DOOMED. Only when others are among us do many blacks perk up and resemble sane humans who suddenly have an appreciation for etiquette (although the desperate need for worthless white/Asian/Latino validation still exists, lol). Oh, the school might produce another faux "black pride" Rhodes Scholar for "massa" every few years but it doesn't hide the psychotic tendencies of many HU students.

Nigel

Howard University is a stellar academic institution with its share of faults. While there are a number of facilities on the campus that could serve in better capacities Howard University provides a safe and effective learning space for students. The university prides itself on producing many of the trail blazing African Americans in our nation's culture including Senator Kamala Harris, Zora Neal Hurston, and Phylicia Rashad. Howard University makes the most of its strategic location in the nation's capital and should be considered by any students seeking an education on a culturally diverse campus.

Brandy

Howard has a very diverse campus. Students from aall over the country and the world attend and contribute to the vibrant campus atmosphere. The campus has fresh greenery and the buildings are very accessible. The classes are both rigorous and interesting.

Tykiera

I like the University overall as a whole. There is a big sense of community whether you know people or not others care about your well being and want to ensure your safety. The classes are very rigorous and demanding. The food could be better but its not terrible and some days its amazing, it just depends on the meal. Personally, my big dislike of the school is due to my homesickness. One I get over how much I miss my family I would love it here.

Selah

Howard University is a very unique school. There are many things about Howard that I do not like. The on campus housing is not an equal experience for everyone and the faculty and administration can stand to be more organized. What I can say about Howard that is exceptional is the culture. The events, the people. and the connections you make really do help set you up better than a lot of bigger schools.

heavin

I feel as if Howard University should have more options for off and on campus housing due to the bigger class sizes always coming in. The options available are good options, but I also feel as if they should be updated, and modern. Most students will love spending more time on-campus if they know their dorm has a homey feel for them when they come back.

Mya

Howard University, the real HU, is an amazing university overall. Academically, the class selection is vast and interesting. The professors for the most part are very helpful and are not there to waste time. There are plenty of opportunities given including internships and study abroad options. The social life is great. There are many clubs and organization to join.