Jersey City, NJ
Hudson County Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Hudson County Community College

Fixed  rate loan

jennifer

I think it is a great alternative to save money. The professors are very helpful and they offer free tutoring, which is always a plus. The class sizes are relatively small, perfect for getting to know your professor and building a relationship with them if that's something you're interested in.

Samuel

Hudson County Community College is exactly what it needs to be. A place where education is cheap and the classes are small. It is meant for people coming back to school, want to get their associates first or those who are looking to get a few requirements done for cheap. There are no amazing extra-curricular activities, but that is okay.

A diverse school in with great staff and faculty and a view of manhattan.

A diverse school in with great staff and faculty and a view of manhattan.

Hudson County Community College is primarily known for their great culinary arts degree program as well as their nursing program that is partnered with hospitals in the area.

Dear Ashley, You think right now that you know everything. You think right now that at 18 you are an adult capable of making big decisions. You think that you are ready to settle and marry and that college does not matter. You think any run of the mill college is great, you think none of the extra fluff matters. No need for any extracurricular activities. No need for internships. College is nothing more than an extension of highschool. You are wrong. You are 18 and life isnt over, it is just beginning. You are not an adult. The transition from child to adult is not as simple as the clock striking 12 am on your birthday. The college you pick does matter, those extracurricular activities are not just fun and games. They are important to your growth. You don't need to settle now. Make some friends, learn a few new things, and for goodness sake get an internship! You think you know everything, but there are no right or wrong answers in life. Remember you don't know all the answers and neither do I. Discover more and grow!

Jun

A great starting point for freshman.

A great starting point for freshman.

PTK honor society & Students government.

Most of them are kind and eager for knowledge. Many of them took one or more year break form high school, but they still come back for academics.

Strong background in culinary major.

Pearl

Hudson CCC is best known for their Culinary Arts and Nursing programs. Many of the students come from all across the state of New Jersey simply to study under the watchful eyes of our master chefs. Our nursing program is linked with several different hospitals across the state, which allows students to receive a hands on approach to the field they are hoping to go into.

At Hudson County Community College, the students and facutly seem to be more focused on academic success than some other community colleges. Professors are more willing to work with students, understanding that they have lives outside of the classrooms. Students are also willing to form study groups and help their fellow peers to succeed. We have actually become a large family that does not judge people for their flaws but works at making them stronger in all areas.

If there are any words of wisdom that I could impart to my high school self, I would tell her to learn how to motivate herself and be her own cheerleader. Growing up, I always had my family to support my dreams and ambitions, including but not limited to my educational and dance careers. I believed that I would always have their support no matter what challenges came along. Once I entered college, I had to learn very quickly, through trial and error, how to inspire and support myself and be my own cheerleader. There have been many days when I felt alone and overcome with the stresses that come along with entering adulthood. I would let my high school self know that if she can motivate herself to succeed when no one is cheering for her, then she will be able to push even harder and succeed even further when people are cheering her on with pompoms, foam fingers and megaphones. Once she can make herself proud, she can begin to build the legacy she will leave behind for future generations.

Shannon

Hudson County Community college is readily accessible. It is located in the heart of Journal Square, literally next door to the Path Station and Hudson County?s major bus terminal. So, whether you are coming from various counties near Jersey City or commuting from New York, there is an easy way to get here.

First and foremost, shed all procrastination habits as soon as possible! Liberal Arts is better than Undecided. Get to the bookstore as early in the morning as possible. Use the school issued planner, it will help you improve your organizational skills. It also has a handy school map. Attend the workshops the college offers; they are very informative. Make an effort to ask for teacher recommendations from the person scheduling your classes. Ask any and every question. Read the bulletin boards because chances are, there is something fun going on. The library is your best friend when you need to do a research paper! There is no cafeteria at the school but there are fast food restaurants and delis around; make sure to bring lunch money. Get a written copy of everything Financial Aid tells you, especially regarding your NJ Stars. Have a folder or binder dedicated to adminstrative documents. Finally, keep in mind that you are one of thousands, so if you don?t make an effort to stay on top of your game, don?t expect anyone else to do it for you. Enjoy!

I wish I had known how important it was to keep track of all adminstrative documents. Having all of my school related paperwork in one place really made things easier along the way.

Meghan

I feel Hudson Community College has more of a personal staff that can relate to the students and in some cases have once been in the same place as some students now attending HCCC.

I graduated at the young age of seventeen and even though at the time I thought I knew everything, I am fully aware I was wrong. As a student I feel I was ready for any college course I signed up for because of my grateful education at a college preparatory high school. As a teenager who did not yet have her priorities in check I was not ready for college at all. My college preparatory courses and all I studied in high school meant very little without my priorities in order . If I could go back to senior year I would tell that seventeen year old girl that she is worth more than settling for anything less than the best. I would express that decisions made during this transition will last her a lifetime. My advice to any senior in high school is to stay true to themselves and never take their education for granted. I now have worked in the "real world" and want more out of life so I am returning to college to higher my education. I remind myself everyday that education is a honor and no one can every take away the knowledge you possess.

I wish I knew all the high quality programs Hudson County Community College offers. I feel I would have done better going to HCCC straight from college and then moving onto a four year university.

patrick

first,i'd say pay attention to your school work.also,make as many friends as you can.there is no such thing as too many friends.don't get too frazzled.relax and stay focused to the task at hand.do not worry about the things that you can't control.that will keep you less stressed out!

i like to tell my friends that i'm going for culinary arts and that is the only school in our area that's accredited by the american culinary federation!

the only thing that frustrates me is the lack of parking.there are parking garages,but that tends to add up.i also don't like the traffic.

Hudson County Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.