Hudson County Community College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Hudson County Community College

Ana

Hudson County Community College is in a very urban community. The staff is efficient, I have never had any issues with the staff. Overall I have love for my school because it is the college I chose to start at, that's what community college is, a start.

Cindy

I enjoy the small class sizes at Hudson County Community College; they are very small and better for students so that even the shyest student would be encouraged to participate. The professors are always welcoming to questions and constantly remind us that it is more than okay to be at community college. They tell us that we are not falling behind our friends who are attending four year colleges and that we are at the same level as they are. I wish that school activities were a lot more announced so that people would get involved more. I enjoy the convenience of the location of my school because you have lots of food choices around you, many pharmacies, convenience stores, and public transportation that is nonstop. The downside about the location is the parking and how ridiculously difficult it is to find a spot and how expensive it can get if you drive to school every day. Another thing I can say about my school is that the advisors are almost never available immediately and it takes at least 2-3 hours just to talk to one. They don't really advise you on your future, really just on what classes to drop and which to keep. I wish HCCC was better in that aspect, but overall it is not a bad school.

Samuel

Hudson County Community College is exactly what it needs to be. A place where education is cheap and the classes are small. It is meant for people coming back to school, want to get their associates first or those who are looking to get a few requirements done for cheap. There are no amazing extra-curricular activities, but that is okay.

Deja

I truly loved the school. To succeed you have to put in hard work. The isn't any sport teams or physical education but I still loved the school. My professors were nothing short of amazing and made me love and appreciate the hospitality and culinary industry.

La'Deja

Hudson County Community College is a best college to attend to for academic opportunities, enjoy variety of things to do hands on or training . Getting the full effect on your major , it is good to attend some place when you feel comfortable at , I feel welcomed

Caroline

This is a good school but some changes could be made. For a commuter school, there isn't enough parking but public transportation is helpful. Not too great for those who don't live within Jersey City, especially since this school is open to all of Hudson County which is a big county. The buildings are too spread out and in a sketchy area which makes someone feel unsafe, even more for those who take night classes. The newer buildings are well maintained and up to date technologically but you can't say the same for the older buildings. Professors are of good quality.

JESSICA

Hudson County Community College is a great way to find affordable school with great academics. The teachers are very knowledgable and offer great help with cheap books and classes. A great way to get an associates and find what major you wish to follow.

jennifer

I think it is a great alternative to save money. The professors are very helpful and they offer free tutoring, which is always a plus. The class sizes are relatively small, perfect for getting to know your professor and building a relationship with them if that's something you're interested in.

Isiah

Being a freshman, I feel that in my first year I was able to learn from my professors because they care about their students. I wish there was a sports available to the students because it would attract more students. Being in an urban area, there is lots of transportation available to get from home and back.

This is my first semester there so I am still forming an opinion but it seems to be a decent school. Regardless of their inner city placement and not much of a campus, they do well and do what they can to help students succeed. Depending on one's major this school may be a good option. I am a Radiography student and would highly recommend this school for anyone interested in that program.

Almas Fatima

Hudson county community is an overall good college. You've to be choosy while picking up your professors.Professors are really encouraging,helpful and available out of class to work with you.Guidance counselors help you a lot to navigate through the college courses and events.Students and peer leaders are always helpful,learnt a lot from their experiences.

Anaia

I believe that Hudson County Community College is a great school. It provides you with the necessary tools for the courses one is taking. If you are struggling with being able to buy the required textbooks, the bookstore can rent them to you or your professors will let you know if it is available on websites like Amazon. Also there is a large variety of computer labs to be able to access the internet. However, I feel that there should be the same courses available at both campuses.

Amily

It has really good professors. The mission of the College is to offer high quality programs and services which are affordable, accessible, and community-centered. The first one is not always a priority. All programs and services are designed to meet the educational needs of a linguistically and ethnically/racially diverse community, and to promote the economic, technological, cultural, social, and civic development of Hudson County.

Joshua

This is an OK college. The college may seem cheap, but the classes are great if you know how each classes work and who teaches them. The campus life is in the busy area of Journal Square, but the buildings do well in keeping the noises out and the fact its near a train station and bus station means transportation is no problem if you have no car.

Deanna

I’m am currently not a student from that college but I’ve heard many good things about it. Many people have described it as friendly and many teachers are there to help. I rarely hear any bad thing about the school. So from what I heard and what I’ve seen I would say the Hudson is a place for you to learn and communicate with others. To feel like you are welcomed.

wafa

hudson has helped me from the moment i graduated high school till now. they are very supportive . if you are having any trouble in class you may just see you adviser and he/she will gladly help you. there are tutoring sessions open for all students attending hudson county community college.

Huy

The college is an adequate stepping stone for those who want to go back to school. Being a community college, the tuition is relatively affordable; the education is not something to write home about. Students come from a variety of backgrounds, and are generally decent people. Some professors are definitely a mess.

Tytianna

my overall opinion of Hudson county Community College is that the college is pretty good. the teacher have office hour that work with their student however, if the students by any reason cannot back these office other then they try to make time for the student to see them if they they need the help. They have a lot of event at the college like "Trunkin Thursday" which is a day they have food truck and they give out free food to the student for a limit of time.

Najee

My overall opinion of Hudson County Community College is that it's an amazing community college that prioritizes it's student and their success. The staff at this school are some of the nicest people that I have met in my life. The staff honestly do care about their students and how they are doing on and off campus.

Chaz

This is my second semester at Hudson County Community College. My freshman year I attended New Jersey City University and I wish I would have went to Hudson County Community College from the beginning. Most high school students have a stigma against community colleges because they believe that the education is not as good and they believe that they aren’t as prestigious as other students who go to 4 year schools. The Professors at Hudson County Community College are amazing and I have never been so motivated about attending school. Not to mention that community college is so much more affordable as well. I would highly recommend this school to students who are undecided on what major they want to pursue or students who want to save money on their education.

Khanyisa

Hudson County Community College is a good college to set your foundation for success. They offer excellent education and ensures that every student participates in academic events to expand their knowledge. Also, they offer quality education and facilities to enhance your skills and knowledge. HCCC wants the students to strive for the best and get better grades in all the courses offered at the school.

April

It's been a pleasure to come here. I thought I would be seen differently for attending a community college, but this college is amazing. I grew up hearing negative comments about community colleges, not Hudson but in general. How they don't have activities, you go straight home after class where you might not be willing to go home and willing to do an extracurricular activity. I didn't let that get to my head as much, because here I am in Hudson Community College proving other people wrong. This community college gives you many different opportunities for different things. Also has many events you can attend to. With my experience at this community college, I can't complain. I feel totally comfortable.