Hudson Valley Community College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Hudson Valley Community College

Martha

Hudson Valley Comminity College is a great start for a non- traditional student like me. I finally have a chance to finish my degree.

Andrii

I really enjoy going to college at HVCC. I learn a lot. And my professors are very help full.

Nikolas

Hudson Valley is a community college that does not disappoint in academics. Most of the professors are great when students need help in their classes. The professors have office hours and they are flexible to meet with a student outside of office hours. There are many events for clubs that happen everyday. The food is average but overall, it is a good college.

Hudson Valley is not your typical community college. The academics here are rigorous and prepare students for transferring to a four-year school as well as graduate school. There are plenty of opportunities for everyone on campus. Whether you want to get involved in athletics, an academic club, or start your own club that is all a possibility. You will only be paying a fraction of the price at HVCC that you would at a four-year school, and for the education you receive​, it's like stealing a degree.

Lorann

HVCC is a great school for people who want to get credits out of the way before going on to a 4-year school. There are also quite a few vocational programs on campus that are very impressive as well. Most of the professors make themselves available for their students who may be struggling.

Zakyah

Hudson Valley Community College is a great community college. Throughout high school they always tell us to go big universities. But going to a community college first might just help you if you aren't ready to go away or be in classes with 50+ students. Hudson Valley offers multiple majors and focuses just on you and sets you up for your future career while taking classes.

Julia

This school has a large campus but the professors make you feel so close and comfortable. There is never a time where you feel neglected or lost because they offer so much in order to help you to succeed. This college is one of the best community colleges out there!

Albina

HVCC is a hidden gem, anyone who mocked me for coming to a community college, really did not understand how I learned at almost a graduate level. The professors I had wanted to teach me what I would learn if I went to a four year university-they expected nothing less of me

Silas

It was a poor experience. Overall, most of the professors didn't care about the classes. One professor didn't even put in the effort to have an accurate syllabus. They had some off campus classes, but not nearly enough to be convenient. The online classes where a joke, being either extremely easy or completely worthless.

I think it was the smartest idea to start at this community college before transferring to a 4-year college. And when people hear community college they typical scoff or think less of the school. But here at HVCC, the teachers are phenomenal and the level of academics is high which challenges me and stretches me daily. I couldn't have asked for a better foundation for my future in education.

I believe it is a good school for the money you are paying to go there. It is a very affordable way to get an education before moving further on with your education. I've had amazing professors in my field of study who have really pushed me and made me a better student. I think campus life is a little harder only because there isn't really one because it is a commuter school. Overall I have had very few issues with this school and think it's a good first choice before moving on to another university.

octavia

I love the college Teachers/ Instructors as well as students are always around if you need help the food is good Library hours are great easy access to get to college buses are right not the corner of college they sell food inside of college but if you choose to buy off campus there is a little shopping center across the street from college

octavia

Elgin

This school has everything I wanted for its cheap price. There have been some ups and downs, but that was mainly due to the incompetence of a few select professors and classes that were created to annoy the students involved. Aside from a few hiccups, I say it is a great two year college: has food walking distance, lots of classes, lots of majors, tons of friendly people, and decent academics. I do not regret coming to this school, but I would frown upon half of the program I was a part of, that being the honors scholar program.

nicolas

I feel I've saved a lot of money by coming to a community college. The education I've received has prepared me to transfer to a 4 year school. Attending a community college has allowed be to save money by living at home and continuing to work part time.

Marina

It's not that bad, full of students that want to further their education but not pay the price of a 4 year college right away. I suggest living close because the drive is the only thing that keeps me from wanting to come back. Other than that, the teachers and staff are very good and easy to reach. It's easy to make connections with people.

Keihasha

I feel like Hudson Valley is highly underestimated by many! I think they have a lot to offer. Their tuition is affordable. Its a great school to start off in to get your feet wet first before you go to a 4 year school. The staff is amazing! I love all the help they offer to those that aren't really book smart! I love hudson valley !

Mackenzie

Hudson Valley Community College is overall a great school. The professors are amazing, many of them have their Ph.D's and are very helpful to the students. The campus food is delicious as well, and the price of the food is affordable for the community college students. The thing I like the most about Hudson Valley is the community. It is a great starter for young students that are maybe afraid of going away or just afraid of college in general. The community makes you feel welcome and is a great way to start making friends! I give my college an 4.5 out of 5 stars!!!

Tamara

I love hvcc. I do my course work and the professors are very helpful and I have learned a ton. I find the blackboard learning to be easy to use and my peers to be respectful. Hvcc is also affordable, it is less expensive than most community colleges in nys.

Sydney

Hudson Valley students aren't social at all, they come to class sometimes and then they leave. No one seems to have the intention to make friends, so it was hard when you're someone that likes to socialize. Most professors were great, always there to help.

Matthew

Great school to start. This school is a great bang for your buck. Academics are very good and teachers are always there to clear anything up. The math and science centers are incredible and really help. The food is okay but since it is a commuter school bringing food isn’t a big deal.

Ariel

Hudson Valley Community College is a great place to get a technical degree or complete prerequisites to continue on to a 4 year college or other type of degree. They have a lot of offerings, including many online only and hybrid online/in-person courses. The downside to this school is the lack of parking and they keep replacing parking with new buildings.