Arcata, CA
Humboldt State University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Humboldt State University

christopher

Humboldt State is a University where students can further their education in a field they are actually emotionally interested in.

The students are of a wide variety of individuals, driven to further their academic career.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior about college life, I would tell myself to begin saving money and preparing for a better education. I would encourage myself to be even more frugal with my money and to search out any means of financial help. I would also tell myself to commit to school and continue to get good grades. However, as far as the transition goes, I would not warn myself of anything. The experience has been one of the better experiences of my life and I would not want to spoil it for myself; rather allow for myself to find out first hand, as I really did. The only struggles I have had with college life have been financial, the rest of my experiences have been rewarding and intriguing.

John

They were helpful, fun loving, and serious when we needed to get to work on our projects or studies.

Humbold sit in the mist of the pristine Redwood forest, a close walk or a short drive everything the Redwoods have to offer. Humboldt has one of the best conservation school in the nation. Instructors are very helpful, they provide you with the needed tools, and are there to insure you will get the eduction you need to land that career job you are looking for.

Don't stop with a BS, continue on to get a master then a PHD, you'll need it in the future.

Humboldt State University is a freindly school.

Humboldt State University is a freindly school.

Learn as much as you can about time management and different ways to study. High school does not properly teach you skills about different study techniques and managing a hectic college schudule. If you learn these two skills properly and stay motivated college will be less stressful. Pay attention in all your high school classes. You may think you will never need to know that information in the future but knowing it may lead to you finding something your interested in and love.

That the classes were so crowded to the point that some students are unable to take the classes they need.

Teresa

Actually I think I made the right decision. Although I applied to college while in high school, I chickened out and decided to stay home and attend commmunity college for two years and transfer. I know that by taking this route I "missed out" on the college experience, living in dorms and such, but while living at home and attending the JC close to my house I was able to work 35 hours a week, so I was able to save a little bit of money for when I transfered. I would recommend this to anybody who isn't 100% about their college/career path, it is a good idea considering how much school is starting to cost now!

There isn't much to do in Humboldt County, not much nightlife, and not much is open on the weekends. It is nicer to live outside Eureka, the largest city (in my opinion) but Eureka is where most of the stores are. That's about it... Humboldt is awesome, just really small in terms of population

We have been affected severely by budget cuts thanks to the CSU system, including cuts of major/graduate programs, financial aid benefits, classes and lectures, professors, all leading up to larger classes, which WAS much of the allure of Humboldt State, (meaning the smaller classes,) but now they aren't so small. Not huge, but not small, and many of the lecture halls aren't built for the recent influx of people to HSU, so the classrooms are more crowded. Lots of HSU students refuse to bathe/wash their hair. You can understand.

Elida

The advice I would give myself personality is to always take things seriously, even if it seems goofy or such a waste of time take the opportunity serious. What you do now prepares you for the future, every little thing counts and matters. Also always look into the future, don’t just think about the present and hope for the best in the future, always think about your next step and your next move to improve yourself as a student, daughter, sister and even a friend.

Alexandra

Humboldt State University is very well known for its programs in biological sciences and theatre arts. It is a wonderful scho...

Humboldt State University is very well known for its programs in biological sciences and theatre arts. It is a wonderful school.

I would have no advice to give myself for 2 reasons. The 1st reason is that I think I have done very well in college and don't think there is much I could go back and teach myself. The 2nd reason being that I never went to high school. I graduated from high school by taking the CHSPE when I was 15 years old and I went to Fullerton Jr. College. Seeing as I never had a high school experience, I don't know what I would say to myself in that stage of life. I was very successful at Fullerton College. I have an AA degree in interdisciplinary studies with an emphasis in math and science.

The labratories are amazing.

One major piece of advice I would give myself as a high school senior would be to NOT PROCRASTINATE!!! Procrastination has always been one of my worst habits, and as a junior in college i'm still trying to break it. Not working on responsibilities until the last minute can create all sorts of unessessary problems, and can end up making tasks much more difficult than they were originally. So, the message to take away from this is to start working on things as soon as possible, and never wait until the last minute because you never know what sorts of problems could present themselves.

Timothy

If I could go back to high school as a senior I would advise myself to work on my study habits, apply myself more in high school, and take my education more seriously. Looking back, high school had a great impact on my current study habits and if I knew then what I know now, I would have disciplined myself more and nurture my study habits. I would also apply myself more during class. I realize now that I did not do as well in high school because I did not try. There seemed to always be something more important at the time but now I realize that nothing is more important than a good education. And with that last thought, I would take my education as a whole more serious. I would concentrate more on what I wanted to do with my life, what career I would focus on, and concentrate my high school education towards bettering my future. I realize now that I lost so much opportunity in high school that I will never get back. If I could go back, knowing what I know now, these are the pieces of advise that I would give myself.

Melissa

I cannot believe how green Humboldt State is, there are millions of different trash and recylce cans all over the campus. I greatly unique because I was used to schools with one trash can where everyone threw their trash. Its amazing how the Humboldt is commited to making our planet greener.

I would tell myself do not worry about these immature high school kids, soon you will be at college where for the most part people are different and are more mature about life and their decisions. Do not worry about moving to a new place, this change will be good for you it will soon become the best time of your life. You have come so far now there is no point in worring about not fitting in, or what people will think about you going to Humboldt State. This was and is your choice it is perfect for you and you know it. Just be yourself and everything will fall into place.

The best thing is how small most of the classes, which is greatly helpful to the students if they need one on one attention. Not all classes are less than 30 students but the professors still make time to have one on one meetings with their students. I know from personal experience that the professors will do whatever they can to help you pass, no matter the class size.

Humboldt State University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.