Montgomery, AL
Huntingdon College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Huntingdon College

Bethany

Huntingdon College is a very good college. The faculty are very professional and knowledgeable in their jobs but will also make you feel at home. There is a variety of extracurricular activities to participate in and something for everyone to be a part of. Academics are just as important as athletics and vice versa. Campus security is always available and safety for the students and faculty is a top priority. Huntingdon can be home for everyone.

My overall opinion of Huntingdon College is that it is an all- around great school. This school, like many others, has its flaws; nonetheless, this school is the best fit for me. Huntingdon College is located in Alabama, right outside of Downtown Montgomery, which makes it very easy to experience the busy streets of the city between classes. My environment is so welcoming that I almost wonder what my life would be like if I chose another school. I can proudly say that I'm glad I didn't, because I have grown to love my school and am proud to be a Huntingdon Hawk! From the amazing academic opportunities, to the bone chilling sporting events, to the community service opportunities, to the block parties with the president, my college never seizes to amaze me!

Tacorious

Huntingdon is a great college and has a great campus. Its environment is great because it feels more like a close knit family more than anything. Its great for not only academics but the sports programs and degree plans that they offer are like no other!

Debora

The evening classes combine with the accelerated program for classes are allowing me to complete my business degree and work a full time job. Without these programs through Huntingdon College it would take me much longer to complete my degree. The locations are another great benefit to these programs.

Alexis
HC

It's a great school that I'll be transferring to next semester.

HC

It's a great school that I'll be transferring to next semester.

William

I would still encourage myself to go to Huntingdon, it was an incredible experience and I wouldn't change it. There have been ups and downs but mostly ups. If Huntingdon can get rid of the few administrators who are harming what the college stands for then it will be a truly great institution.

Someone who is strictly going to college to party. You will not enjoy Huntingdon and you will not last.

The administrators are not in tune with the students needs. They are too concerned about the colleges image and not concerned enough about what the student body needs. The school has a dry campus policy which would be fine but the school uses this to persecute students who deviate from this dry policy which hurts retention rate incredibly. The biggest problem with our school is the Provost, Sid Stubbs. He is not concerned at all with the students and is making it his goal to make it incredibly difficult to graduate.

SueEllen

The students at Huntingdon are the best because they are ecletic, amazing, friendly, scholarly, and well-rounded.

Dear SueEllen, You are about to embark on the most wonderous adventure of your life. You are going to meet amazing people that have many of the same interests that you do. You are going to enjoy having comrads, study buddys, roommates, dining hall pals, sorority sisters, etc. etc. etc. Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy. Don't sweat the small stuff. Take pride in your studying for this is your future. If you have trouble in class, solicit help. Utilize the library. Work out regularly for this will help your mind stay crisp and clear. Eat healthy and sleep six to seven hours a night. Most of all, take pride in your education because you live in a wonderful country that allows you to be educated. Huntingdon is your blessing, SueEllen :)

I wish I had known a little more about the area surrounding the school. I like to run and needed to know what areas outside of campus were good for exercise. Also, I wish I knew a little bit more about studying. I have learned now and manage my time much better and I dearly love my school. -SueEllen Chandler

Ryan

The fact that it is a small liberal arts college really gives you the opportunity to have a one on one professional relationship with your professors. Unlike a large university where that is not really an option.

I would tell myself to start managing your time more wisely while you are still in high school. Also to improve as much as possible on your studying habits. If you do not work on both of these before you go to college then you are starting out behind the eight ball and the transition will not be as smooth. However if you do have good time management skills as well as good study habits then the transition from high school to college should not be a difficult one. Also since you are going to play a sport in college both of these skills need to be fine tuned in order to balance varsity sports and classwork.

I wish I would have known to practice better stuy habits before I got to college. Because even though it is a small college it is still challenging and I have made it harder on myself because of poor study habits. But I have improved on that as well as my time management skills.

Meghnin

Huntingdon College is a home away from home.

Huntingdon College is a home away from home.

I would tell myself to not procrastinate on making the decision for which college to attend. Once you know where you're going it makes the transition easier and allows you to accept that you're leaving and the people around you. Make a definite list on what you need to bring and the break that list down again because you don't need all that you bring! Make sure to buy paper even though movies make it seem like all you use is a computer, it isn't true, you still use paper. Have fun and don't be afraid of the transition it is well worth it and you're going to meet great people.

I don't know of any type of person that shouldn't attend this school. Huntingdon has a place for anyone and everyone and is a very accepting and nurturing environment. The people make sure you feel comfortable and at home.

Aaliyah

Huntingdon is a school where everyone is close and knows everybody.

Huntingdon is a school where everyone is close and knows everybody.

Going to a high school where the teachers do not care if you are prepared or not for college, I wish I could go back and tell my former self about college. I would go back to myself as a high school senior and say work harder to apply for more scholarships. College is expensive and you will need all the help you can get; especially with your parents losing their jobs. I would also tell myself to find a good math tutor because pre-calculus is hard. One of the most important things I can tell my high school self is to make friends and enjoy being in college. This is one of the only opportuntiies to experience the things you can in college, so make the best of it. I would have been so much more prepared if I would have had future me help me. Even though I did not have help, I can take what I learned so far and help others who are planning on going to college.

The cost is the worst thing about my school. Even though I knew what I was getting into when I enrolled, it can be a lot. But luckly, they are willing to help you.

Huntingdon College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.