Montgomery, AL
Huntingdon College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Huntingdon College

If I could go back in time and talk to my self I would tell me to pay more attention in all of my classes and also study all the time for my classes. If I could have studied more for things I could have getten all A's in my classes.

Kenyetta

My classmates at Huntingdon are very outgoing and eager to learn.

My classmates at Huntingdon are very outgoing and eager to learn.

If I could go back to my first day of high school I would give myself the advice I wish someone would've given me. First off, I would tell myself not to slack around my freshmen year. Every year counts. Secondly, I would tell myself to enjoy my high school years a little bit more because college is not going to be what I expect it to be. Lastly, I would tell myself not to go to Huntingdon College. If I'm going to be stress out about finances I may as well go to a school I actually want to be at and will enjoy.

The most frustrating thing about my school is financial aid. Huntingdon is very expensive and I feel as if the financial aid department does not do its job in helping kids find money for school.

Megan, I am going to give you some advice that you will probably have a hard time accepting. You see, I know that you are incredibly focused on getting great grades and achieveing a perfect GPA, but as you move into your crazy college years you need to remember one thing, balance. You must understand that although you are going to college to receive a great education and learn all you can about your field, you are also going to discover who you are and what your role is in this world. Don't hide behind your books and watch others live their lives but dive into some activities, meet new people, get out of your comfort zone. Put down the pencil every once in awhile and embrace the world around you. Remember that grades are not what makes you who you are; It is the experiences you have and the way you handle yourself that truly defines you. Don't allow yourself to get sucked into the world of perfection but instead embrace the ability to make mistakes and grow from them; embrace the humanness of yourself and cast aside the need to be perfect.

Students should attend this school if they want a close community and a great relationship with their professors. This school is for students who are serious about learning and who are not wanting the sorority or fraternity scene. It is not for people who want to party and drink all the time.

Someone who should not attend this school is anyone interested in partying and doing drugs. This school is not for those who love the big school feeling and those who want to be around tons of students. Also, this school is not for someone who does not want close contact with their professors.

All my classmates are friendly, goal-oriented, and career focused.

All my classmates are friendly, goal-oriented, and career focused.

If given the opportunity to go back to the past, I would've taken more of initiative to do well in school. I would've attempted to be more socially involved in clubs and organizations. Along with this, I would've taken more responsibility in the classroom to fully listen, study, and make excellent grades. I also would've made the choice to retake the ACT to increase my current score. To go back to my Senior year, I would have not graduated early so I could've deepened my learning base and expanded my opportunities for scholarships and academic awards. I would constantly remind myself to study and fully develop my goals in life so that I would've had a firmer foundation of what it truly means to be a successful student. I wish I would've been a better learner.

I wish I knew that the financial situation I am in now, wouldn't be this bad. I can barely afford the school and wish I wasn't in this situation.

Hillary

I would tell my self to "GET INVOLVED!!!" Because I was so involved in ballet and it was so time consuming I did not have time to be involved in school clubs making it difficult to apply for scholarships. I would tell me to stop dancing because I knew that I would not dance as my carrer, and to get involved in high school stuff. I will always continue to kick my self for not doing that. I would also tell me to not put things off, do it as soon as you possibly can!! Life will be much eaiser that way.

I wish that I had been prepared to swept away by the kindness that everyone exudes here at Huntingdon. I wish I had been prepared about how much the professors really want to see you excel and the overwhelming effort they make inorder to see that you do just that.

If you are one who prefers a big campus that does not offer a family feeling amoung the students then you should not attend Huntingdon College. If you would prefer to go to a school that lets you sit in a corner and be shy and not involved then you should not attend this school. Huntingdon's students do not allow you to be shy, they help you to find the best possible you and bring you out of your shell.

Robert

Be open minded to new adventures - things will be new and different, both good and bad. Be ready for changes and adapt to a new way of doing things. Be prepared to study hard to be successful. Cultivate friendships that will benefit you in life and treat people how you want to be treated.

For the most part, an alumni friend had filled me in on the school.

Courtney

Huntingdon College is this small school with a big heart, the student in Huntingdon are very giving and amazing at everything that they do.

My classmates at Huntingdon College are unique, we all are diffent in are own way but we get along like a big family.

I would go back and tell myself that I am going everything that i need to do. I just need to stay on this road that i am on and follow it to the end. When i was a senior I followed the rules and studyed all the time to get the grades. So i think i was doing everything that i could at the time, but i could have filled out more scholarship for college.

James

My classmates, for the most part, and nice and friendly excluding those few people that are not so friendly to everyone no matter where they are.

The only thing that I would tell my high school self now as a college student is to save as much money as possible because you will need it.

I do not think there is really a limit to what type of person you should be to come to Huntingdon, just be yourself. I mean, yes it helps if your friendly and outgoing but that is anywhere not just at Huntingdon.

Cody

Stay focused. I would advise myself to focus on the long term goal. I would also encourage myself to be proactive in deciding the classes needed to reach my goals and develop a plan instead of floating along in the stream of life. I would seek others to help me achieve those goals. I feel that being more involved with campus life would be a way to achieve the help needed and also develop life-long friendships.

The smaller classroom teacher:student ratio is conducive to achieve my goals. The campus is small enough to get around easily but large enough to have space for study.

Prodigy

Huntingdon is known for being a small college, but a college where professors and the students are very friendly and easy to talk to. Yes, most all students who attend Huntingdon participate in a sport. (including band,dance team, cheerleading) Beautiful campus and places where one can lounge outside.Some proffessors if its really nice outside actually have classes outside, just to allow the students a different atmosphere.

The advice i would give to myself about college, based on what i know now, would problably be me going back to the old saying,"Never judge a book by it's cover." Huntingdon although from the outside looking looks very boring and dull, but once you get to know your advisors,faculty, and staff you begin to say question yourself as to why this wasn't your choice all along. It's not about how big a college is that makes it a great college. The most important thing about a college is that you are not just satisfied, but that you absolutley LOVE IT. College is an experience that like high school will come and go. At the end of the day you should love your professors and feel comfortable with them. The best thing about a small college is virtually everyone you know or have at least ran across that person more than once. The main thing about choosing a college is at the end of the day you ask yourself the question "Does this school fit me and my personality?" If you answered yes, then the college in which you chose is the college for you.

The type of people that should attend this school are one's who are willing to participate and just be themselves. People who attend this school are ones who don't mind coming out of their shell or box if they have one, to new ideas and new friends.

Huntingdon College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.