Montgomery, AL
Huntingdon College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Huntingdon College

Patrick

The people that attend Huntingdon are very close, and interact via many diverse groups. Everyone knows everyone here at Huntingdon, and you rarely meet a stranger.

Huntingdon College is best known for its friendly small-community atmosphere, and its amazing faculty that strives to work with each individual to help make progress in every aspect. It is very close with the surrounding community, and offers many perks, including a overseas trip that is paid for by the school that is taken around the junior or senior year of enrollment.

While college is one of the funnest and most inspirational times of your life, it is also one of the most difficult. College is a step-up from high school. Tests are bigger, and problems are longer. Learn how to balance social life with academic life early - its all about you and your future. Having said that, the people you will meet throughout your college experience will truthfully be there for the rest of your life. You will laugh with them, you will cry with them, and you will love with them. If you can allow yourself the perfect balance between those two aspects of your experience at college, you will honestly have the time of your life. Join a fratenity. Play a sport. Debate in a political group. Go to parties. Participate in class discussions. Live every second of life to its fullest, because college allows for you to really live. Be all that you can be, and do all that you can do - you won't regret it.

Marybeth

It is set in an older community and is more concerned about the student teacher ratio.

Do not be afraid of what lies ahead. You can do it. You do not have to go to a major university to get the education you need. A small scale school is perfect for you.

One who is wanting to attend a smaller scale school. And one who has plenty of money.

Mary

Being a high school senior was so easy. I would definitely tell myself not to get so used to everything being so easy. I would tell myself to save all the money I could because when you get to college, funds run out very quickly. Another thing I would tell myself is to learn how to study so that the transition from not having to study at all would be a whole lot easier because in college, or at least at Huntingdon, if you do not study then you do not get the "A". I would make sure to let myself know that things are going to get tough at times you should never give up on your dreams, even if quiting seems to be easier. When you get to the point in your life where your life goals have been achieved it will all be worth it. College may seem like the hardest time in your life, but without your degree, your dreams and goals will not be achieved. An most important of all, I would tell myself not to forget where I came from and who helped me to succeed. Your family should always be the most important.

It is hard to choose just one thing that is great about Huntingdon. I love both the small class sizes and the amount of teacher-student interaction. The professores are always willing to help. The campus is beautiful, and the studentbody, faculty, and staff really make you feel at home. It is a community in itself, and everyone is welcoming.

I don't feel as though any surprises have been put on me so far. I feel as thought the councelors informed me really well. I also talked to coaches, and financial aid councelors who really helped me understandall there was to know about the school. I do, however, wish I would have known that I would be completely out of money all the time.

Ariel

My college is actually a pretty good school. I would like for there to be more cultural diverse activities at my school...but with work i believe it might turn out for the best. There is a lot of school spirit, and the staff is wonderful....the fianacial aid office did wonders for me.

My advice to other students and or parents would be to take a huge amount of time to find a school that best fits you. Start in your sophomore year of high school. Be open to many scholarship opprortunities because you never know what God has up his blessing sleeves for you.

i wish i would have known the prices....and some of the people

They are the most interesting and fun-loving people I've ever met.

They are the most interesting and fun-loving people I've ever met.

I would say to really look into all the possibilities. Your first choice is not always the best one. It is really important to seek out the campuses and talk to people you meet there. Whether it be a teacher, student, or parent. You see so many different perspectives that way then when you only talk to admission offices. Once you decide on the college that is best for you, get involved. Even if it is something small like a study group, the more time you devote to your school, the more it will give back to you. My first semester I wasn't very involved on campus, and I thought that school was going to be rough, but during my second semester I got a lot more involved, and I enjoyed everything a lot more. It really does help to be involved in something. The college experience is all what you make it, so I would definitely advise everyone to make the best of it!

How friendly everyone on campus is and how accepting the faculty and other students are.

Caitlin

When it comes to finding the right college, simply obtain as much information about the school as possible. Being the potential college student you need to decide what you would like to get out of your time there [ study and obtain a quality degree, excel at collegiate sports, have a wild social life, etc.] Pick a college that best suits your needs, dreams, and goals. Be open minded and willing to consider even the craziest offers. Follow your instincts. You'll know when you've found the right one. As for the college experience, don't be shy, especially during your first couple weeks. It isn't high school anymore. There aren't the same cliches. Everyone is willing and anxious to meet new people. So take advantage of that. Remember to focus on your schoolwork. Afterall, you are at college to learn. Get a reasonable amount of sleep, don't let your social life intrude with your classes, and take advantage of your school's resources. College is like everything else in that you get out of it what you put in. Have fun. It's a great experience!

The people at my school are amazing. Everyone from the professors and staff to my teammates and classmates are unbelievably kind and understanding. I love Huntingdon college, because of the people I've met there.

I would say that the fitness equipment is the most frustrating thing at my school. I've gotten by with the facilities available, although they are definitely lacking in quality.

Brandon

The best definition of the undefinably high quality of Huntingdon College that I can give is to say that it is the single most diverse, unique, and hardworking institution dedicated to grow its students in wisdom and send them out to apply their newfound wisdom in service that I have ever heard of.

Remember first that every school is not for every student. There are many factors that go into choosing the campus that is right for you. Secondly, take all the time that you can to choose the right school. Simply put, choosing the place to give $100,000 and spend 4 years of your life is not something that should be rushed into. Finally, know who you are. It is always easier to find out what school is your niche to fit into when you know what "shape" you are.

Huntingdon College has over 95% first choice placements in grad schools and jobs/careers. This almost garuntees that with hard work and dedication I will be able to find a good career of my choice possibly before I even Graduate. Huntingdon is truly equiping me to for the future!

My classmates tend to have the same mind set as I do. They set academic goals for themselves and strive to achieve their goals. They are not judgmental, it is easy to ask any question during class without feeling dumb or slow, many times others have the same exact question. Overall, all the students are there to learn and better themselves for the future by doing well in class and getting their college degree

The main advice I think that parents and students should know about finding the right college is that the cost of the school is not the main thing, its the education that the student will be receiving at that instituation that is the main priority. What he or she learns at that college or university will determine his or her future so however much it may cost shouldn't be a huge deciding factor, afterall there are plenty of scholarships and financial aid available so that everyone could attend the school that best fits them. Personally, my parents can't afford to send me to Huntingdon College, I even thought about transfering to a less prostigious and less expensive school so that we could afford it but after many long discussions with my parents we realized Huntingdon was the place for me, the academics were wonderful, I'm about to play two sports as well as get my degree!

The kind of person that should attend this school is someone who works very hard in school, slacking or laziness will not allow you to succeed at Huntingdon. Having lots of school spirit, being open and outgoing are all good characteristics to have as a student at Huntingdon College

Karleshia

Finding the right college will make the most out of you if you make the most out of your experience. From the friends you will meet to the things you will learn. If you find the right college, it will be well worth it.

I wish I would have focused more on work and studying. Then I would have been more prepared for when I came to Huntingdon. However, it is still a great school no matter how much work put on you.

Anyone can attend Huntingdon College. Anyone who is goal oreinted and wants to acheive and be successful are more than welcome. ] Huntingdon has no discrimination what so ever. If anyone would like to be in a positive and helpful enviornment, Huntingdon is the place to be.

Alyssa

Huntingdon is a beautiful campus with helpful professors, faculty, and staff.

Huntingdon is a beautiful campus with helpful professors, faculty, and staff.

Huntingdon college is most noted for its football team and its successful graduates. We now have more than one hundred students who are enrolled in graduate programs or medical schools. All of the students who have graduated from here have gotten good paying jobs. The football team has really boosted school spirit and has had very successful seasons. It has also brought more students to Huntingdon.

To the parents, I would say let your child make the final decision. A school where they are comfortable is where they will more likely succeed. To students, I would say not to pick a school just because you are a fan of their football team. That isn't always a good fit. Make sure that you are comfortable with the school and the campus. The campus shouldn't be too big or too small depending on your preference. Also, move away from home. It will be difficult at first, but being a student who did not live on campus my first year it was difficult to make lots of friends. No matter what your parents say you are ready to live on your own. The only way to really find out is to try it out and if it's not for you then move to a school closer to home that fits you. But the most important advice I could give is to have fun but not so much that you fall behind in school.

Huntingdon College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.