Huntington University Top Questions

the school is very concerned about money. much of the rules and regulations tend to be very stingy and unforgiving. As a campus that sells itself as being Christian and a "community that cares," they aren't very understanding of students lives and financial positions.

What gets the most flak at HU is something we sign every year called the Community Life Agreement. The most-hated part of the document is probably the drinking rule -- we're not allowed to drink alcohol as long as we are Huntington University students, no matter our age, and up until recently, the rule was the same for HU faculty. Students have vented their anger in a myriad of ways. Some reluctantly abide by the rule, others limit their drinking to school vacations after they've turned 21, and still others disregard the rule altogether. It's quite controversial.

Shelly

The same-minded-ness of many of the students who attend here.

Ginger

Getting things worked out with the financial aid dept

Sometimes it is hard to escape from all the people. It is a really small campus so everybody knows everyone, but at times it is hard to get away and be be by yourself. Eventhough it is small I think the positive aspects of being at a small University significantly outweigh the bad.

Tab

There is still some closed-minded racism that is prevelant on campus.

Wesley

The most frustrating thing about Huntington is that it is a constant challenge to balance social and academic lives.