Hutchinson, KS
Hutchinson Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Hutchinson Community College

Additional Loan Options

Clint

My overall opinion of Hutchinson Community College is that it’s a great place to get some of your General Education classes at a more economical price. Most of the instructors are quite knowledgeable in their subjects and I feel like I’m getting a great start to my education.

Brock

Fellow classmates are studious and very serious about their studies. Whenever a topic is not is not understood to it's entirety questions are asked to better comprehend the subject material. All students create a great learning atmosphere with ituitive comments and answers to questions by the teachers during lecture hours.

If I were able to inform myself as a senior in high school about the college life and the transition that occurred I would first acknowledge the fact of how much fun that will be experinced during the time at college. The diversity of the new friends you will make will befuddle you entirely. Embrace every moment with your family while still living at home becasue once you leave for college, the relationship with them will dwindle. Never pass up an opprotunity to make a difference in someone else's life becasue you never know how big of an impact it will have on their life and what they will do with it. Live every day like it is your last because one of your close friends will pass away unexpectedly due to a car crash. Don't ever forget to tell the ones who are close to you how much you truly care about them because one day you won't have the opprotunity to tell them how much you love them. Thank you and God Bless.

Any type of person should attend this fine institution due to the vast spectrum of classes and majors offered at Hutchinson Community College. It caters to those who may have both physical and mental disabilities comaprable to the highest in the nation. Numerous extra academic help opprotunities are offered through the campus that are assisted by fellow peers that can relate to the needs of the students.

Kristen

HCC provides an educational experience that is challenging, professional, and extemely benificial.

HCC has small class sizes and the instructors have plently of time to work one-on-one with students.

If I could go back in time I would tell myself that all the hard work and effort I put into high school would pay off in college. It might be difficult at the time, but it is all worth the effort. What I learned in high school and everything I worked for prepared me well for college. What I would also tell myself about the transition to just relax and not to worry so much. It is not near as tough as I thought it would be. Take the transition one day at a time with a good attitude and relax and have fun.

Cagney

HCC staff are more then willing to give you the tools to help you succeed.

HCC staff are more then willing to give you the tools to help you succeed.

As I sit here filling this out I look at my life and see that I am a single mother of 2 that is just now entering college for the first time. If I could take myself back to be a high school senior I would change my life immensely. I would be more concentrated on my education. I have the life experience now to know that education is key. To be able to secure my kids future I now know that I need to go back and finish my education. I am asking you to help give me the tools to secure my education for myself and my children. Thank you for your consideration.

I am currently entering HCC for the first time. Now is the time that I am discover and sorting thru everything. As of now I can honestly say that everyone is helping me to the best of their ability.

I would tell myself not to be stupid and allow a man to interfer in my schooling. That I need to finish college and have a degree in my hand before getting married or having children.

There is not a child care option in the site in McPherson for the Hutchinson Community College.

With being a single mother it is very hard to go to school and had a child not always being cared for if he is not in school.

The unique thing about Hutchinson Community Collage is that they are in to helping their students. They don't just say they will help they do it. And its up to the student to take advantage of the help provided. Another unique thing about my school is that they are all about the students and that's what I love about Hutchinson Community Collage.

I would tell myself to do really good in school study hard and that I will need a job and don't be afraid to use your voice because that will be benificial in college.

There is nothing frustrating about my school yet .

Kelsey

It's close to home. I can enjoy going to college from home, which is financially easier and leaves me undistracted by home-sickness. It also serves as a good transition for me, instead of going directly from a small town high school to a four year school. My college also has small classes which make it easy to learn, and I still have a connection to some of my teacher and advisors. I can talk to them, something I don't think would be as plausible at a larger school.

I would tell myself to go after any scholarship I could get. It's worthwhile in the long run. I also would have encouraged myself to take more classes. I was so afraid that college classes were going to be extremely hard that I didn't take as many as I could've. Having more credits at my two-year school will only make it easier when I transfer to a four-year university. I also would have told myself to not be afraid to talk to more people. Either you will make more friends who can help you with classes and missed notes or they won't like you. And chances are if they don't like you, even on a small campus, you'll hardly see them anyways. Push yourself a little: It's worth it in the end. You can only grow from working harder.

I tend to focus on my grades. I have high academic performance. Some of that I attribute to my teachers. I have only been attending HCC for one semester, yet I already have several teachers who I talk about often. They make learning enjoyable and amusing. I tell my friends in highschool which teachers they should try to have when they are freshman so that they can make the most out of the classes they take.

Clarice

GO directly to college. Do Not wait a year. Do not forget to work out all the kinks of financial aid early. Also, become close with your high school guidence counselor so they can help you find good scholorships.

In the nursing program, there are prerequsites that you must have before you apply, but you can only apply in the fall and hear back the next spring. This is very inconvienient because it makes it take longer to get your degree and makes it frustrating when you rum out of classes you can take for your degree.

I brag to my sister about how small the classes are and how you can actually talk personally with the teachers. It is also a more laid back relaxed setting so you aren't so pressurred and stressed about everything.

AJ

I would tell myself to stay calm and don't stress out. Just do your best and work as hard as you can. I would tell myself, once you get to college, stay focused on your studies. With college life, it is so easy to get distracted. My freshman year, I partied almost every Thursday night and I really regret that. It caused me to lose focus of what was important, my studies. I would tell myself, don't get caught up in the peer pressure, keep your eyes on the main prize, and that is getting good grades to get into a great 4-year college. I would also tell myself that it is alright if you don't know what you want to do right away. I have already changed my major twice and I'm only a sophomore, and I think I have found the perfect career, a youth minister. College life is great, and you should enjoy every minute of it, but college studies is also a part of college life. College studies should be one of your top goals.

I wish someone would've told me how much more work college is than high school. I honestly didn't think it would be this much harder. I am in my sophomore year at community college and if I could go back, I think i would put a little bit more effort into my studies. I really regret that i didn't try harder. If I were given a second chance to do over the last year and a half, I would take it in a heartbeat.

No one should not attend this school. This school is made for everyone. The classrooms are small, so you get extra attention with your studies. The teachers are great. When you have a question, they answer your question to the best of their ability. They are willing to do everything in their power to help you understand the material.

Courtney

I would tell myself to just get it done. My college career has taken way too long to complete. I would also tell myself to not slack off in high school and get ahead of the game while I still can.

The best thing about my school is that there are several locations available to take classes at and classes are also available online. The variety in school locations makes it much easier and more convenient to take classes that work with your schedule.

I think the kind of person that should not attend school is someone who is not interested in learning, and who has no intention on pursuing a degree in school.

Hutchinson Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.