Hutchinson, KS
Hutchinson Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Hutchinson Community College

Cagney

HCC staff are more then willing to give you the tools to help you succeed.

HCC staff are more then willing to give you the tools to help you succeed.

As I sit here filling this out I look at my life and see that I am a single mother of 2 that is just now entering college for the first time. If I could take myself back to be a high school senior I would change my life immensely. I would be more concentrated on my education. I have the life experience now to know that education is key. To be able to secure my kids future I now know that I need to go back and finish my education. I am asking you to help give me the tools to secure my education for myself and my children. Thank you for your consideration.

I am currently entering HCC for the first time. Now is the time that I am discover and sorting thru everything. As of now I can honestly say that everyone is helping me to the best of their ability.

I would tell myself not to be stupid and allow a man to interfer in my schooling. That I need to finish college and have a degree in my hand before getting married or having children.

There is not a child care option in the site in McPherson for the Hutchinson Community College.

With being a single mother it is very hard to go to school and had a child not always being cared for if he is not in school.

The unique thing about Hutchinson Community Collage is that they are in to helping their students. They don't just say they will help they do it. And its up to the student to take advantage of the help provided. Another unique thing about my school is that they are all about the students and that's what I love about Hutchinson Community Collage.

I would tell myself to do really good in school study hard and that I will need a job and don't be afraid to use your voice because that will be benificial in college.

There is nothing frustrating about my school yet .

Kelsey

It's close to home. I can enjoy going to college from home, which is financially easier and leaves me undistracted by home-sickness. It also serves as a good transition for me, instead of going directly from a small town high school to a four year school. My college also has small classes which make it easy to learn, and I still have a connection to some of my teacher and advisors. I can talk to them, something I don't think would be as plausible at a larger school.

I would tell myself to go after any scholarship I could get. It's worthwhile in the long run. I also would have encouraged myself to take more classes. I was so afraid that college classes were going to be extremely hard that I didn't take as many as I could've. Having more credits at my two-year school will only make it easier when I transfer to a four-year university. I also would have told myself to not be afraid to talk to more people. Either you will make more friends who can help you with classes and missed notes or they won't like you. And chances are if they don't like you, even on a small campus, you'll hardly see them anyways. Push yourself a little: It's worth it in the end. You can only grow from working harder.

I tend to focus on my grades. I have high academic performance. Some of that I attribute to my teachers. I have only been attending HCC for one semester, yet I already have several teachers who I talk about often. They make learning enjoyable and amusing. I tell my friends in highschool which teachers they should try to have when they are freshman so that they can make the most out of the classes they take.

Clarice

GO directly to college. Do Not wait a year. Do not forget to work out all the kinks of financial aid early. Also, become close with your high school guidence counselor so they can help you find good scholorships.

In the nursing program, there are prerequsites that you must have before you apply, but you can only apply in the fall and hear back the next spring. This is very inconvienient because it makes it take longer to get your degree and makes it frustrating when you rum out of classes you can take for your degree.

I brag to my sister about how small the classes are and how you can actually talk personally with the teachers. It is also a more laid back relaxed setting so you aren't so pressurred and stressed about everything.

AJ

I would tell myself to stay calm and don't stress out. Just do your best and work as hard as you can. I would tell myself, once you get to college, stay focused on your studies. With college life, it is so easy to get distracted. My freshman year, I partied almost every Thursday night and I really regret that. It caused me to lose focus of what was important, my studies. I would tell myself, don't get caught up in the peer pressure, keep your eyes on the main prize, and that is getting good grades to get into a great 4-year college. I would also tell myself that it is alright if you don't know what you want to do right away. I have already changed my major twice and I'm only a sophomore, and I think I have found the perfect career, a youth minister. College life is great, and you should enjoy every minute of it, but college studies is also a part of college life. College studies should be one of your top goals.

I wish someone would've told me how much more work college is than high school. I honestly didn't think it would be this much harder. I am in my sophomore year at community college and if I could go back, I think i would put a little bit more effort into my studies. I really regret that i didn't try harder. If I were given a second chance to do over the last year and a half, I would take it in a heartbeat.

No one should not attend this school. This school is made for everyone. The classrooms are small, so you get extra attention with your studies. The teachers are great. When you have a question, they answer your question to the best of their ability. They are willing to do everything in their power to help you understand the material.

Courtney

I would tell myself to just get it done. My college career has taken way too long to complete. I would also tell myself to not slack off in high school and get ahead of the game while I still can.

The best thing about my school is that there are several locations available to take classes at and classes are also available online. The variety in school locations makes it much easier and more convenient to take classes that work with your schedule.

I think the kind of person that should not attend school is someone who is not interested in learning, and who has no intention on pursuing a degree in school.

Clarice

Start college right out of high school. Don't put it off for even a year. Work on you financial aid well in advance. Your guidence counselor should become your best friend in your senior year of high school. And don't worry about high school drama and pressure to be "cool." Once you're in college, none of it matters at all. Even if you didn't do that great in highschool, don't let that be an excuse. Do your best when you're in college and then your high school record doesn't matter at all.

I am really happy with my school and love how it issmall enoughh to talk to your counselors and teachers personally and they are more thasn willing to help you out. The only thing I wish that I would have known that the nursing courses don't begin until a year after you take the entrance exam. Now I have one class that I casn take until fall '10. I suppose this could be a good thing because I can start on the classes needed for my BA or work on a minor such as Spanish or psychology.

When telling my friends how great my school is I can tell them so many great things. The great flexability of their scedules make it so you can be a student, a worker, a spouce, and a parent all at once. Also, the avalibility of teachers and counselors make it easy to get the help you need when you need it. They're willing to work with and understand life isn't always predictable.

Der

HCC is a small town community college that offers Health, Buisness, Communications, Agriculture, Social Science, and Fine Arts for students to gain a higher education or prepare inexpensively for a four year school

The opportunity to go back into time for a chance to advise myself for the future that lies ahead in college could help in many ways. First i would advise myself to not make a quick decision on what major I would persue in but rather texplore all the many differnt and interesting opportunities that lay before me. There is no need to panic and stress myself out if my major is still unknown. Second I would causion myself in opening up my schedule for more school activites and assignments rather than to worry about a part-time job and money. The third recommendation i would propose to myself would be to understand that my parents only pressure me because they love me. They worry about my studies and wish me the best luck in any career path i choose to follow and will support me no matter what. Even if I had a chance to go back into time to advise myself of such obstacles, I am just blessed that i have come to realize them before it was too late.

Students who are adequately well funded for 4 year colleges and/or students who have a clear vision of a specific college they want to attend that zeroes in on thier specific major should not attend Hutchinson Community College.

Hutchinson Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.