Idaho State University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Idaho State University

Kelsey

I love idaho state it has great academics and a great campus life. I love going to classes and spending time on campus when I can. There are plenty of opportunities to unite with fellow students and to engage in activities. They really encourage you to take part in all that you can while you are there and care about their students.

Abigail

I love it here. I was an out-of-state student and ISU always made me feel welcome. I met some really great people, found some awesome activities to be a part of, and participated in recreation around campus. Idaho State has small class sizes with well-qualified professors and plenty of opportunities to study. Truly, they go the extra mile to make student life fun and exciting.

Morgan

I really like Idaho State University because of the academics portion side. The classes that I have been in have been smaller allowing more interaction between student and teachers. If you have a problem or need help there is plenty of help between teachers and student tutors. The professors seem to care whether you pass and go on to your next class and try to make themselves more available for help.

Diana

Idaho state university is the best of both a small town and a big city. The campus is extremely safe; I have no fear walking alone at night. The class sizes are small enough for the professors to get to know the students​. It is easy for all the students to achieve greatness here.

Tessla

It's a college that does everything in its power to provide opportunities for their students, in and outside of the classroom. I have seen many places around campus that offer tutoring for students, and I am always kept updated on the activities going on at ISU. As far as openness and the desire to help students succeed, I think this is the best place to be.

Courtney

ISU is a great school! The faculty and staff are very friendly and wiling to help you succeed. The campus is beautiful - however it is set on a hill so get ready to walk if you have any upper campus classes. There are tons of clubs and activities going on all the time. Overall a wonderful university.

Brandy

ISU is a great undergraduate institution that is highly accessible due to its low cost of attendance. Located in Pocatello, Idaho, ISU is a great destination for the outdoor enthusiast. While the town itself is small and can be narrow-minded, the University has a very different environment. Students looking to perform undergraduate research will have ample opportunities and class sizes are typically very small. Many professors show their passion and share it with students.

Alisa

Idaho State University is a great institution! The faculty are always available to the students and go above and beyond to assure that the students reaching out for help get the services and help needed. Campus life is filled with outgoing and positive students and staff, and there is always something going on that all students can participate in!

Desiray

I love it. It is super awesome classes are easy and hard. You can always get a job on campus. I recieved a job on the campus because I went and talked with someone I had previously worked for. The pay is great and you get all the federal holidays off. Students get into games for free and all sporting events are fun. There is a variety of options for fast food and grocery stores around.

Kristen

Idaho State is a good college to attend and get an education at. Most of the professors are helpful, and will explain to you throughly how to do assignments or projects. The students are friendly, and the campus has many nice places. I would recommend getting an education here.

ISU is a good school. They offer many different majors for being in Idaho. I always feel safe on campus and I feel like most of the professors really want me to succeed. The sports teams are not the best so if you are going to school just for that then you may want to go elsewhere. The campus is fairly small and easily walk able. Parking is a nightmare if you have a general pass.

Cassidy

Idaho State University is an alright school. The dorms are terrible and constantly remind of prison. The food served is okay but during the summer program, the food was terrible and I was starving for most of the time I was there. Class sizes are good and there are a lot of ways to get involved on the campus.

Holly

I love ISU. Tuition is expensive but that is to be expected. It seems to be raised almost every fall semester. Some professors are available at any time and others are only available during scheduled times. The food on campus is great with a great selection. There are many great programs to choose from.

Kam

It has a 13, 569 student population with a small town feel. The professors/teachers are personable/helpful , and it's college town (Pocatello ID) is very stereotypical of Idahoans being friendly/neighborly. Even though Pocatello ID has about 55,000 people, I'm always running in to people I know while doing normal everyday activities outside of the college campus. The college enrollment has declined since I've started here in 2014 due to budget cuts which is evidenced by fewer class offerings per semester, and many classes are online in the College of Arts and Sciences (Fine Arts & Humanities, History, Sociology, Social Work, Psychology, Anthropology, Art, Communication, English, Performing Arts, Political Science, and Global Studies). Also, the college has a good reputation for it's College of Technology Programs, Accounting/Finances, Health Occupations, Masters in Taxation, and Sciences (Chemistry, Geology, and Physical/biological). Additionally, the college will prepare students for their future career, for graduate school, and for life. Also, jobs are plentiful on campus and in the nearby community. It's a high chance that one will need to relocate due to more career/job opportunities elsewhere upon graduation. Lastly, the campus is peaceful/relaxing which is conducive for studying.

Jenna

Idaho State University has a nice atmosphere surrounding it. The students are friendly with each other and willing to lend a hand with helping newer people find where their going. Teachers are willing to help kids out and do get back to you if asked a question or need help. And the advisers are willing to give out advice on what classes will help out in the future.

Rachael

My opinion of Idaho State University is that it is a great place to be. Not only is it surrounded by the beautiful scenery of Idaho, but the outdoors are always accessible. What I really love about ISU are the staff and administration. Everyone on campus is so friendly and willing to help with any problem or student need. I would highly recommend this university.

Cameron

My first year here was enjoyable. I made some new friends and the band program is amazing. The professors are nice and for most situations are understanding and will sometimes extend a deadline for you but communication is key.

Jeremiah

Idaho State University is a D-1 University. It is not in with all the big schools like Alabama though. I am a sports enthusiast so I was disappointed in our sporting programs. They are not successful and it is hard to participate and get involved. Overall ISU for the schooling is affordable.

Kaj

It is the only public school in Idaho that has the major that I am seeking, and I'm glad I'm taking pre-pharmacy because otherwise I would have missed a real opportunity. I love ISU and have met some very good friend during just my first year, and have been making strong connections to the faculty.

SharNell

I have been very impressed with Idaho State University. They have made it an easy to understand process to apply and enroll. I feel like they are dedicated to helping their students succeed. They have standard procedures to help you understand what’s expected of you as you enter the college world. They also have a very user friendly website that allows you access to all sorts of information anytime you need it. I feel like they have a very open-door style and accessible staff. They have been there to help me with any questions I have had. As a nonstandard student I feel like they have been above and beyond in helping me continue on my path. Every time I have gone in to meet with the staff they have been friendly, helpful, and have left me feeling impowered to succeed. Idaho State University has been actively helping the state of Idaho by allowing students to access education through out the state. I have the option to pursue my entire degree without moving to their primary campus. They also have very affordable tuition that makes pursuing a degree realistic and possible. The financial aid staff has been their every step of the way helping me find access to all the aid I can qualify for. I can get my degree without paying off student loans for the rest of my life. I would absolutely recommend Idaho State University to anyone ranging from a graduating high school student to an adult returning to school to further themselves.

Bailey

I am really glad that I joined the Idaho State University (ISU) family. It has made me grow not only as a student but as a productive member of society. I love that my professors are always available and that campus life is very including! There is always something going on! Go Bengals!

Isabel

I love it. I feel it is the perfect fit for me and I cannot wait to start school there in the fall. The campus itself is very beautiful & clean. ISU is a college town & Pocatello itself is not a big city. Which, personally, is a feature that I enjoy. Everyone knows eachother and that’s why almost everyone gets along. Recommended 12/10 !!

Willow

I don't know very much because I'm going to be an online student until 2017 but every time I've been there personally it's amazing. The people are always really nice, and I love some of the older buildings. I have a couple friends there as well, and they all love it. I really can't wait until I get to go in 2017.

Kade

If you have money I'm sure it's great. This school treats it's students how politicians treat America. I could get a better education from a brick wall. I had big hopes for this school, being a local, but it has been nothing short of a let down. No wonder the graduation rate is only 30%

Emma

ISU is a great college for those who want to go to a University, without the feeling of being left out, or not seen. Class sizes have a great proportion to them, making it easy to know your professors on a first-name-basis. On-campus housing wasn't my cup of tea, but I would highly encourage people to give it a try if they don't know anyone else on campus, or if they do, invite them to be your roommate, it makes the whole experience more...comfortable. Also, while Pocatello isn't the best town to live in, the views are incredibly beautiful, just be sure to look out for mountain lions during certain seasons. Make sure to get familiar with the freeway because on weekends, you'll want to get out of Pocatello in order to find something fun to do.

aracely

big campus with plenty of recreational activities and student involvement opportunities

Overall, Idaho State University is a good school. The campus is beautiful, the landscape is always done, the teachers and the students are friendly. The classes are average depends on what class you take. The students are friendly and there is always an event or activity going on, even if it is a small one. I enjoy this school because it has a really good nursing program. My experience here has been good. Idaho State University is a college town, so the town is a little small. Some would say you would have to warm up to the school and the town, and others fall in love with it immediately.

Kathleen

I love it. The staff is extremely helpful.

Kelly

I am liking Idaho State University a lot. This is my first year attending so I still have many things that I still need to figure out here. However, I feel that this school has done a lot to try and get us involved as much as possible to try new things and meet new people.

Darian

I honestly enjoy being a part of Idaho State University because of all the helpful resources that are offered to all the students. The staff is amazing and are always there to help. Some of the campus is a little outdated; however, I do not mind this that much because I enjoy how historical the university is.

Brianna

I love Idaho state university. They always keep the students involved, and the professors truly care about the students who attend. The students are aware and pay attention in class, and peers are caring of each other. I always feel safe on campus because there is always people looking out for me.

Isabelle

Idaho State University is a highly capable school that produces some of the greatest minds within Idaho. The college is in a fairly small town that is about three hours away from any big city. To prevent boredom among students the college is great with fun extracurricular activities and outdoor recreation.

Abigail

I love attending school here. Everyone is extremely helpful and willing to answer any questions you may have. I have made really great friends in the short time I've been here as well. They also offer amazing activities. I have been more involved than I ever thought I would be.

Alysa

When I went to visit ISU over the weekend it was a very unique environment but everyone was really friendly and happy to help and show me around. Also, it's the only place in Idaho that I can pursue my degree. They're the only place in Idaho that offers a dietetic degree.

Raquel

It's great! I enjoying going even though it's a little way from home. I am going to transfer to a technical college to get my associates then I'm going to transfer back to finish and get my bachelors in nursing. It's a great school and I'm only transferring so I don't have to pay rent.

Carsyn

It is a fantastic university, and my choice of school. I look forward to my time participating in the music ensembles and watching the athletic events. Additionally, the professors are really easy to contact, and always answer questions promptly. Go Bengals!

Cristal

Idaho State University is a great school, and the faculty and students are friendly and helpful. Professors will be able to help you with your assignments, and will expect you to read and study daily. The university is known for their great teachings and knowledge in the medical field. Idaho State University is a great place to attend and be able to get your certificate in any major.

Kyra

I would have to say that Idaho State University is an exceptional school to be involved with. Many people speak about how competitive their nursing program is, and about how extravagant their engineering program is. I personally like how many extracurricular activities that are available.

Idaho State is a very good school that opens new and old students with open arms and has many events to show what campus life is like. If you love on campus the resident assistants are very nice and you get to know them very well. They newer every quart ion you have and are willing to meet and talk with you if you have any problems.

Jenna

Idaho State University (ISU) was meant to be a small town where I could find myself and truly have “the college experience.” Not only did ISU exceed my expectations in the beauty of the campus, the love of the outdoors and the amazing faculty and staff, it exceeded my expectations in the family and friends I would find here. ISU is a small campus, in a small town that most people have never heard of, and that is a shame. Through my involvement on campus, I was able to build professional and personal relationships with faculty, staff, and my peers. For two years, I worked for the Student Activities Board on campus, to which I was promoted as a leader. Due to this, I was approached by student government for expansion opportunities in student involvement, was part of the foundation starting a school pride club on campus, and involved in numerous advertisements for the university. Idaho State University is a supportive campus, where the professors truly are there for the students to help us succeed. In my major courses, I was one of 12 to 15 students. This allows the professors to truly get to know their students and makes them more approachable. As a student who frequently asked for additional help, it was a great feeling when the professor knew who I was when I walked in the door. Every single one of my major courses professors wanted to help me succeed, and went out of their way to ensure our understanding of materials. I would not change my experience at ISU for the world. Idaho is typically known for its potatoes, but we are actually considered the “gem” state, and Idaho State University is the hidden gem of Idaho.

Kassie

It seems like an amazing college. They have an amazing psychology program that I look forward to doing. It’s a beautiful campus as well. I like how spread out the campus is, but it’s not too spread out, and how organised it is as well. I like that it is in a beautiful city. Pocatello does seem like a good city for a college.

Jack

Idaho State University was a perfect fit for me! I have been so impressed with what they have to offer, that I have recommended over 10 of my high school friends to attend the university, and I will continue to do so. The quality of social life on campus, the safety provided by Public Safety on campus, the catering provided by the Chartwells food company, and the friendly and helpful staff of the university are just a few of the perks of becoming a member of the Bengal Pride! The class size was a concern for me at first, but even in my Bio lecture of 300+ students, my instructor happily reached out and provided help when I needed it most. Every professor that I have had the honor of learning from has been as helpful, if not more than this. I am proud to be an ISU student, and I will continue to support the Bengal Pride as I go on to graduate school. Hope this review helps potential students of ISU! :)

Payden

It is a really good school and I would recommend it to anyone that wants to go to college. The school is very easy to get around and there programs are very good. The town that it is in is very friendly and clean. They welcome you with open arms and they also very helpful

Jenna

Idaho State University overall is a pretty good school. Its location in Pocatello is really the biggest drawback. They have a satellite campus over in Meridian that is much better. Due to Boise State University’s awesome athletics, ours is often overlooked. Our sports aren’t bad. What’s great about ISU is that I believe in a few years, it will be known as an impressive school for the medical degrees it offers. Overall, I would say ISU is a good school.

I love it here. I always dreamed of going somewhere bigger and more popular, UCLA being my dream school, but I don't regret coming here at all. The campus is beautiful and there are so many opportunities around it. Student life is easy when you love living it.

Zachary

I feel that it is very put together, and am looking forward to attend in the Fall 2019 semester as a full time student. The campus is outstanding, and not at all what I expected. After a tour, I was sure this was the college I wanted to attend. Students were very kind, and seeemed to base their day on their schoolwork.

tim

I am very pleased with the college and they have so many people ready to help a first time student like myself. The professors are all very helpful in walking me through where I need to be to get the most out of the course I am taking. I have not been in school for over twenty years, It has been a challenge but i am grateful for all the faculty that has made the transition easy for me.