Jacksonville, IL
Illinois College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Illinois College

Rudolph

I would encourage and advise myself to get involved in lots of activities right off the bat. It is the easiest way to find and meet new friends who have the same interests that you do. I started out quiet and shy like I was in high school, when I wish I had become more sociable. Remember that college is a chance to start over again and a chance to try all sorts of new things. I signed up for chorus and took voice lessons, something I would never have done in high school and I am so glad I did. I found that I really enjoy music and had the experience of taking a bus trip to New Orleans and performing in many places along the way! If I had not tried this new interest I would have missed a great time! I now intend to try anything I think I might enjoy.

The classes are really small and teachers really want to help the students learn. There is also lots of opportunity to assist with faculty research and go on short term and long term trips to other countries. The dorms are nice and everything is very close. Even stores and off campus restaurants are within walking distance. The school also offers lots of financial aid. Also laundry and printing are both free.

it is in a small town and there is no community transportation except cabs. The food in the cafeteria is mediocre and best and because it is a small campus there are not many choices on campus.

Jenna

My classmates are friendly and enthusiastic, as well as intelligent.

My classmates are friendly and enthusiastic, as well as intelligent.

I have learned a lot about current events, even though I am a science major. Before I started college here I had a very limited understanding of the current wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, but my freshman seminar class taught me that and much more. I have also made some great friends and met very interesting people. I know that what I have learned in my first semester will stay with me for the rest of my life. So it has been a valuable experience so far and I know that I am just getting started.

I brag most about the great professors at my school. They are exceptionally smart and interesting.

Mariah

Dedicated to doing what they can to benefit their future goals.

Dedicated to doing what they can to benefit their future goals.

Illinois College is a small college. The fact that I have received such a great education from some of the best professors is really important to me. In fact, it outweighs the fact that this is such a small school and can be boring at times. The hunger for knowledge this school has given me is incredible. I have always been a good student, but here I have to work to be a good student, and it is work I like doing. I love forming relationships with students, professors, and even the president of the college who invites every student over to his house for dinner. I have learned so much here and have had the opportunity to work with actual people and make actual differences both on and off campus. It was the best decision I have ever made.

My friends. I have truly met some amazing people here that I will be friends with forever. Also some of the professors are great.

Courtney

Illinois College is a smal,l private liberal arts college in a town of 19,000 people that offers friendly professors and students as well as a rigorous coursework with a variety of academic majors and extracurriculars to get students involved on campus.

I have learned much about teaching children through my schooling at Illinois College. I find the skills I have learned a great way for me to become a great teacher one day. Even though the college is expensive to attend, I have great skills now to run my own classroom. Also, I have made many lifelong friends.

I like the small size of Illinois College. Only 1,000 students attend the college allowing a low student to teacher ratio. This is helpful to me as I am on a scholarship at the school and must keep a high GPA. Teachers care about students, and it shows.

Cory

My classmates here at Illinois College are a very unique and diverse group of individuals that are highly focused on being successful individuals.

When comparing Illinois College to any other college, this campus has a friendly environment and an atmosphere that has a sense of achievement. The professors on this campus work hard to ensure that the students’ needs are met and that the students can be successful in their goals. Professors actually care about all of the students and make effort to get to know them. And for this reason, Illinois College students are more suited to succeed in future endeavors.

My college experience has strengthened me as an individual, and I feel as if I have matured greatly in the short two years of attending. For example, I had the unique experience of participating in a group that works with first generation students by preparing them for college; by having them come to campus a few weeks before the other students and doing core subjects with professors and college students. Transitioning from high school to college was rather difficult, but I endured the challenges that change presented and used it to better myself as an individual. College has changed me as a person, and I feel if this change keeps up then I will be ready to take on the world. Attending college is crucial for anybody even considering getting a over minimum wage job, even though its hard it will be well worth it once it is all done.

Shelby

I feel like my school is best known for its historic campus. Illinois College is the first college to conduct classes in Illinos, and it is the oldest college in Illinois. In 1932 the sociejty of Phi Betta Kappa established a chapter at Illinois College, and today it remains only one out of eleven in the state of Illinois. Illinois historic campus and history makes it a very intersting place to study.

Although I have only been enrolled in college for one semester I have gotten a lot out of it. College has been a great experience so far. It is teaching me how to manage my time, and how to take care of myself. I feel that college is helping me become independent and is helping me gain the information I need to know to become successful. Coming to college has made me value my education more. It makes me feel accomplished being the first person in my immediate family to attend a four year university. I feel that my college experience will grow to be even more wonderful. It is molding me into the person I will become for the rest of my life. I can't wait to look back at my college experience and see how much I have grown.

I feel like the best thing about Illinois College is the faculty. The faculty at Illinois College is vary caring. Since it is a small campus the professors know the students by first name, they are always available to talk, and they are willing to help students out as much as possible. I feel like the professors here at Illinois College are very generous people, who truly care for their students well being. The professors honestly want to see success out of their students.

Andrea

From my college experience thus far I have learned to plan and live on my own away from my parents. In high school I didn't have to study much for any of my classes but this changed when I got to college. I have learned to study and prepare for tests. I've really enjoyed how friendly everyone is here on campus. I have been able to create relationships with my teachers because they are helpful with I have problems understanding the information they are teaching. Also the friends I have made here at college have made a very valuable impact on my experience. I know that these friends will be there for me whenever I need them.

When I came to this school, I wish I would've known that due to a rule made by Residential Life, here on campus, I have to live on campus untill I have 88 credits or when I become a senior. Going to this great school comes at a great cost and if I could cut off some of the price by living off campus, that would be great.

When I tell my friends about Illinois College I always brog to them about the quality of my classes due to class size. I love how my biggest class only has about 24 students; which is a lot smaller than the huge lectures my friends sit in at bigger colleges. I think that when the ratio between students and teachers is smaller, like here at IC, you are able to connect better with what you are learning.

Alexander

College was valuable for me for that fact that in order to be successful in life, you must have a good college education. In the realization of this, I decided to pursue a dual learning experience, to heighten my musical skills as well as my business sense. I come from a family with high values in pursuing a college education, so going into college was not a mattter of choice or opinion. My choice in higher learning was a result of my past experience in business and music. I consider myself an artist: keyboard player, songwriter, and producer; as well as a businessman, after selling Cutco merchandise and aspiring to be an entreprenuer. In order to start my own businesses, my intelligence would need to be backed by a solid source of reference: a college degree. It never mattered to me where I attained my degree; just the fact that I am aiming for several in my possession by 2016 brings confidence to my inner workings. The fact that I am ambitious and a hard worker, in my eyes, proves busting my buns for a college degree is worth every penny spent; because in the end, its a penny earned.

My college experience has been valuable to me because I have learned how to think critically, be prepared for the world, and how working hard will get me far in life. I am a student who struggles not because I have lack of focus or studying, I struggle because I come from a divorced family and a middle economic family. Because my family has never really had money I have learned how to juggle two jobs and go to school full time. I realize that by getting a college degree this in turn will help me obtain a career that will pay decent money so I can invest money towards college money for my children. I believe this is valuable because it prepares you for the world and teaches values of working hard for the money because all the money I currently make goes towards school. In college some students may party and have things given to them but they are not learning or preparing for the future; where as I work hard and I am focused so in the end I can be successful.

I wish I had known about how difficult this school really is. The teachers predominantely all have PhD's which is why the teachers care about how we do and how we think and learn. The teachers sincerely want (us) to become great citizens and have great careers.

The most frustrating thing about Illinois College is that the art department is only 3 credits when every other class/ department is ranked in the 4 credit base. Art has become a very challenging subject at Illinois College and the administration fails to recognize this. Also that the Art department does not have a building big enough for all the classes that some classes are held in one building and other classes in an adjacent building.

Julie

Illinois College spends a lot of time trying to open all of its students to different cultures and traditions. I feel that I have gained valuable insight to things I may have not otherwise experienced, like attending convocations and attending world culture events. Illinois College has a variety of lectures and activities that open up its students' minds to these things. After attending this college I have gained respect, knowledge and understanding of different world cultures, and I have had the opportunity to travel to different countries to immerse myself in their culture. Those experiences and newfound enlightenment are invaluable to me, and I know I will treasure them for the rest of my life.

The worst thing about Illinois College is the food, and the meal plans. The food is low quality, and for the amount of money we pay for the food plans, I would think they could afford to distribute better food. Not to mention, some meal plans only allow you a few hours to use one of your meals, and then it's lost for the day. And, the hours that the 3 food areas hold on the weekends are at random times, and don't stay open past 8pm.

Illinois College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.