Jacksonville, IL
Illinois College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Illinois College

Liz

its liberal arts education

its liberal arts education

As I progress through my studies, I realize that my skills in communication, computers, group collaborations, and people skills have grown in magnitude. With these, I can enrich society to embrace differences and learn to work together towards a common goal. I was fortunate enough to participate in a BreakAway while earning my Bachelor's Degree. After 10 weeks of study focused on associated literature, history, and sociological aspects, a mixed group of faculty and students spent a week in London, England, where we visited some of the most spectacular buildings and sites in the world. Our campus contains visiting students from several foreign countries and encourages U.S. students to study or travel abroad by offering scholarships, grants, and opportunities through the Study Abroad and BreakAway programs. Interaction with students from differing ethnicities or countries is emphasized through clubs and classes on-campus. Globalization is spreading, and being able to cooperate and build friendships with other people from different backgrounds builds character and strengthens our global community. Keeping this in mind, I stay in contact with friends who have graduated and moved back to their own countries to continue their studies.

They forget to ask student opinions about major changes (i.e. new logo).

Sharon

I started college when I had come to a crossroads in my life. My husband and I divorced, and I had no real training that would lead to a fulfilling career. That first semester was so difficult for me, and I was afraid to even talk in class. I had an amazing oral communications professor that pushed me to come out of my shell. With her encouragement and inspiration I began to speak in public and talked more in classes every day. Always searching for new answers and no longer afraid to question even what was in our textbooks or happening in the world. Growing up with abuse, I always knew I wanted to find the reason behind the cycle of events. The advisors and professors helped me to decide on my major in psychology. Through the help I have received from the faculty and staff at college, I became more involved in our community and on campus. Through this involvement I have seen an even higher need for the help that I am aspiring to be able to confidently give. Without the college community, I would still be searching for answers for my own personal goals.

Wilma

My college experience at the Lancaster Campus of Central Pennsylvania College has enriched my life in so many different ways. I've learned to listen to other peoples perspectives, to think outside the box, and to live by my own set of values and beliefs. I'm not so quick to believe everything I'm told, but to question things and search for the true answer. I have learned that things I used to believe were impossible for me to learn, I can learn when I apply myself to my studies. I have learned that when things are hard, if I reach way down inside myself, I am able to pull up the impossible. This experience alone, has helped to make me a confident and self assured person. Knowing who I am as I enter the professional field is why my college experience has been valuable to me. The friendships I've established with fellow students and professors has also brought value and meaning to my life.

Alicia

Looking back now, my choice to become a Dual Enrollment student and attend college a year early was one of the best choies I could have made. I allowed myself to "broaden my horizons" and take chances by meeting new people and challenging my abilities academically and personally. College, in my opinion, is a symbol of hope. Hope for more knowledge and more experiences. I have learned to enjoy life and look forward to my future. My college experience definitely changed my life for the better. If more people were exposed to these opportunities, I am sure they would feel the same way.

Dani

Illinois College is best known for it's co-curricular activities, or activities that combine a more social scene with acedemic content. It's about teamwork not only in atheletics, which are a main focus of this school, but in the classroom as well. It's also about being a community and participating in campus events or as we call it around here, being "True Blue".

My time at Illinois College is full of invaluable experiences. One of my best decisions was to join a Literary Society, Sigma Phi Epsilon. I?ve held many offices and am currently serving as their President. These girls have become my family, and friends that will stick with me for the rest of my life. In college I figured out what I wanted to do with my life. I stopped listening to what other people told me was "practical" and discovered what I really want. I'm an activist, a feminist, and I care deeply about people and the issues surrounding them. After undergrad I plan to join the Peace Corps. I'm a Theatre major, which is something I never thought possible. I now know that I want to attain a higher degree and teach at the college level. Although I don?t know all the details yet, my life has a plan. In my time in college I?ve figured out what I like and what I like to do, but most importantly I discovered who I was.

Someone well rounded, who is interested in both academics and sociability. Someone who can ballance both in order to achieve success. Someone who wants to have fun in college and still get somewhere in life.

Atiana

I have attend classes at my high school during dual enrollment and I feel that this experience has given me the chance to get to know myself better. I have had the opportunity to take some courses and find out some of my interests. This as allowed me to think about the major I want to have and degree I will earn. I have every intention to get a degree and graduate college. I am a hard working and dedicated student that will be the first one in my family to graduate college if my twin sister does not beat me to it. College is very important to me to be able to have a successful future. With a degree from college it would open doors to other opportunities and allow me to have a degree in something that I am passionate about. I believe that more people should attend college to have opportunities for a stable and successful future.

My classmates are very unique and most already have clear set goals for their future.

I have only attended college for a year but I have already gained so much from this experience. To really understand what I have gained you have to know that I am twin. My sister and I have been inseparable all of our life. In the fall of 2009, my sister and I set out for two different colleges that were two hours apart. I learned a lot about my self this past year. I always felt that my sister was better at everything. When I got to college, I realized I was the only one comparing us. I found courage in my self to just be the best me. I also learned that I could stand on my own two feet. My parents have been support all my life and though their love and support are just as strong, I found I can make my own decision for my self though the may not always be the best decision. Most of all, I found out that I am a much stronger person than I ever thought I was. To some this might not be a huge gain but to me, I feel I have gained everything.

I really didn't know much about IC before I arrived on campus. I applied on a whim and it turned out it was the best college for me. I wished I would have known what campus groups I could get involved in. It was not a really big deal to me at the time I applied but that is one of the best ways to meet people. It turned out that I got involved in Up Til Dawn and B.A.S.I.C. I am glad that I had the opportunity to be apart of these groups.

Through my experience at Ivy Tech Community College, I have learned a great deal about time management, communication, and the value of learning. I have been continually challenged by the experience of a college environment, and I have developed perseverence in the face of hardships, exhaustion, and pressure. I have gained basic knowledge in a variety of subjects, but I also have learned much about people and life through my professors, faculty, and fellow students. As a human services student, I am learning practical skills, such as active listening, reflection, paraphrasing, summarizing, and more. I feel that I am being prepared to effectively support a diverse population of clients. Overall, college has been a rewarding experience.

zachary

There are many things that have attracted me to Illinois College. One of the main pionts about IC that I like is it's sports programs. This has made me get in shape and become a better peorson for it they make you go to the libray seven hours a week. another aspect of IC is that it is very acedemic based. This will make me work for what I want, yeah it may be hard sometimes, but it will make me a better person in the end.

I have gotten out of my college experience that you have to work hard for what you want. If you want it bad enough you will do whatever you have to do just to get it. I had to work hard to get in to this college and i am really happy to be here i hop that I get to keep all of my friends and make more when I leave.

Someone who is very driven and likes to be close with peopl. If that would be people in classes or people on a sports team. There is a very high quality learning program here they try to push you to do your best. It may get hard sometimes, but if you strive through it that will make you smarter and a better person. So I guess what i am saying is that you can't be scared to study or work hard for what you want in life.

Katie

My school was the first college in illinois. It was founded in 1829, and also served as the first medical school in Illinois. Illinois College was also a part of the underground railroad!

I would tell myself that acquiring good study habits is detrimental to my college education. Unfortunetly I did not develope good study habits in high school and that has made my college years harder than they should have been. I would have motivated myself to take school seriously and in turn would have gained valuble learning skills that would have helped me a lot in college. The second thing is to be who I am. Don't be who you think people want you to be. If someone doesn't respect you for who you are or what you believe than you really don't need that person in your life. When I was in high school I tried to please everyone and be apart of everything even if that meant me being unhappy. When I got to college I soon found out that the ultimate goal out of life is to make myself happy and not worry about what others thought about me. God brings the people into your life that are suppose to be there and I really learned that going away to college. But the number one thing I would tell myself is, Mom is ALWAYS right!

The food, or the housing rules. You have to have senior status before you are allowed to move off campus.

Illinois College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.