Illinois College Top Questions

Hannah

I would tell myself that every situaiton is what you make of it. Any college you go to is going to be a difficult transition, but it is worth it. I would remind myself that everyone makes mistakes, so don't forfeit everything you've worked for just because you hit a minor bump in the road. It's also okay to miss home, to visit home, or to cry about it. I would also encourage myself by saying, the best part of college is the people you meet and the friends you make. The friends you make in college are the ones you have for the rest of your life. You do so much growing up together in such a short time. Don't be in a hurry to grow up either, you should enjoy every minute. This truely is the best time of your life, so don't let it pass you by. Take every oppurtunity. You want to look back on your life and be satisifed with the choices you made, and be able to know that you did everything you could to chase your dream. Anything is possible if you work hard enough.

Erin

Dear high school self, High school was fun, wasn't it? You found yourself through participating in your favortie activities with your best friends. But now, try something new. When you go to college, indulge in new activities to expand your horizons. There are more than enough opportunities to do new things and meet new people. Here, you will struggle with sports and school. Here, you will be surrounded by strangers. Here, the standards will be higher, and here, you will miss your parents. Here, you will learn time management by balancing sports and school. Here, you will talk to strangers and make new friends. Here, you will raise your standards, and here you will be making your parents proud.

Allison

If I could go back in time and give advice to myself as a high school senior I would say the following: 1) Being homesick is a real thing and it will happen, but don’t let that hold you back from getting involved on campus early. Participating in campus organizations will help you meet some amazing people. 2) When you join campus organizations, get a leadership position. It is more work, but the effort you put in will be worth it in the long run. 3) Actually do all of the soccer workouts over the summer. If you don’t, preseason will be a horrible experience. 4) Study in the library. Not only will there be fewer distractions, you will also be surrounded by people who have the same academic drive as you. 5) If you are looking for someone to date, it is better to find them at the library than at a party. 6) There are a multitude of research opportunities on campus and look to take advantage of them as soon as possible. 7) Get to know your professors. They have many connections on campus and in the surrounding community.

Kurtiss

Study hard, get moer involved, be more outgoing, Find a Girlfriend!!!

College is a time to recreate yourself. You are with the same people from the time you start kindergarten all the way through high school, take college as the opportunity to go somewhere new, to meet new people and to figure out what difference you want to make in the world. It is intimidating at first to be in a place where you don't know a soul, but start with your roommate, get to know her and then start joining various activities around school. Illinois College is small, get to know as many people as possible and don't be constrained by the thought that they don't know you--how are they ever going to know you if you don't go out there to meet them? There are a lot of good people in this world that you will miss if you aren't open to meeting them. So be friendly, be social, and have fun.

To be honest, I wouldnt change a thing. The oppurtunities and memories that I have made have helped me become a stronger, more deicated, and inspired student. Without diversity and challanges how would you learn and grow? I love my school and all that it has given to me. I am proud to say I attend Illinois Collge.

Jordan

Stay focused. You know what you want to do. Don't let anyone slow you down or get in your way. Keep your eyes on your goals but don't forget to have fun. Get out and get involved as soon as you can. You'll love it. Meet everyone you can, you never know who could turn out to be a life-long friend.

adeleye

Make that extra effort. Those classes you skipped were not worth it. Imagine how many all nighters you would have avoided if you were present in that Math or chemistry class?

Marc

Knowing what I know now about college life and making the transition, the first piece of advice to myself would be to become better prepared for your future. Expose yourself to information, and have a better understanding of what it takes to be a successful individual, as well as a student. Secondly, I would tell myself to never give up when facing adversity. Also, give your maximum effort in everything that you do and you will see success. Lastly, I would tell myself to relax. Don't become stressed over the unknown, but, if fact embrace it. This is what makes life exciting, embrace the change.

matthew

If I could go back in time to my Senior year in high school, I would tell my senior self to stop being a perfectionist. Throughout my high school years, I was a massive perfectionist. I always aimed for getting A's on everything or getting the top time in Track and Field. My bar was so high for myself that everytime I would fall short, I continuously punished myself. Being a perfectionist was robbing me of my peace and self esteem. Even at the beginning of college, my perfectionism was still kicking my butt. I felt like I had to get a 4.0 G.P.A. It even got so terrible that when my friends were joking around with me on my flaws (like my running form), I felt I was worthless because I was not perfect. I decided one day that I was done being a perfectionist, so I seeked help from the college counselor. He gave me some tactics about dealing with perfectionism, and I even went as far as reading about it myself. Soon, I was able to relax more and cope with making mistakes because I learned that nobody is perfect.

If I could go back in time, I would tell myself to work harder for better grades. I could make the grades, but didn't push myself to go above and beyond. I would have spent more time studying rather than just getting by, because now I see the financial burden I have put on my parents for getting those average grades and not the grades that I was very capable of receiving had I just applied myself. I would also have been more outgoing, although I played sports, I would have joined more clubs to get better awareness of just what a difference I could make in my life and someone else's. Illinois College pushes for community involvement and now looking back I wish I would have done more of that. My little brother is autistic, I should have done something in our community to bring awarenss to this disability as so many people don't understand why he acts like he does sometimes. He has been a blessing in my life and I just wish I would have shared that more with my friends.

Holly

I would tell myself to never lose that confidence I had in myself and my abilities that I had as a senior. I knew what I wanted in high school and I always worked to get it. I wish I would have kept that attitude because my freshman year, I slacked a little on my grades. It wasn't anything dramatic just not as good as I was used to getting. I know now that as long as you put in the effort and time you will get the results you want. I would also tell my younger self that it is okay to be an individual and stick out. I came into college wanting to fit in, but eventually found that being an individual is a lot more fun. People seem to follow your lead when you decide to be yourself and they realize how happy you are. They last thing I would tell myself, is that you only go to college once and then it's reality. Work hard on your school work, but don't forget to experience everything you can while you are there.

Taylor

My transition into college went surprisingly better than I expected. I was nervous going to school three hours away from home because I am super close to my family, especially my twin sister. We decided to go to different schools, which I think helped us both in many ways. I was paired with a really awesome roommate. We became best friends with in the first few weeks of school. Now that I am a senoir in college, honestly, I don't think there is anything I could have told myself that would have made the transition into college any better. I was just really lucky. I was from a small town and high school, so going to Illinois College was a good fit for me. Everyone on campus is extremely nice and the professor are really helpful. The only thing that I can think of that I wished I would have done as a freshman was actually take the time to get help from my professors. All of my professors have been extremely nice and I wished I would have taken advantage of going to get help from them more often.

timothy

I would say that I need to be ready to study! As long as you show up to class and pay attention you will have no problem making grades in college!

Christopher

Scholarships. Seek and apply now. Do not think that they are not out there. I have lost thousands of potential dollars by being unaware of Eagle Scout scholarships. Those are valuable, and along with others, will not be available beyond your first year. Many are easy, just filling out basic information and writing essays. Do them. Majors. Wait to declare. Do not be like others going in with one decided major only to choose differently later. Such students often result with classes not applying towards the new major. Wait until you are absolutely sure what you want to do. It is worth it. Extracurriculars. Join groups. They are a great way to meet people. Sigma Pi is the literary society to choose, but go to more “smokers” so you know more of the actives and brothers during the pledging process. Also, do sports. Cross Country and Track are fantastic at Illinois College. Lastly, I am glad I was recognized for six years of community service by our mayor, earned my Eagle Scout, participated in church groups, and worked for good grades. It is all worth it when you get here. It is the character you and your future stands on.

Rudolph

I would encourage and advise myself to get involved in lots of activities right off the bat. It is the easiest way to find and meet new friends who have the same interests that you do. I started out quiet and shy like I was in high school, when I wish I had become more sociable. Remember that college is a chance to start over again and a chance to try all sorts of new things. I signed up for chorus and took voice lessons, something I would never have done in high school and I am so glad I did. I found that I really enjoy music and had the experience of taking a bus trip to New Orleans and performing in many places along the way! If I had not tried this new interest I would have missed a great time! I now intend to try anything I think I might enjoy.

Jenna

I have learned a lot about current events, even though I am a science major. Before I started college here I had a very limited understanding of the current wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, but my freshman seminar class taught me that and much more. I have also made some great friends and met very interesting people. I know that what I have learned in my first semester will stay with me for the rest of my life. So it has been a valuable experience so far and I know that I am just getting started.

Mariah

Illinois College is a small college. The fact that I have received such a great education from some of the best professors is really important to me. In fact, it outweighs the fact that this is such a small school and can be boring at times. The hunger for knowledge this school has given me is incredible. I have always been a good student, but here I have to work to be a good student, and it is work I like doing. I love forming relationships with students, professors, and even the president of the college who invites every student over to his house for dinner. I have learned so much here and have had the opportunity to work with actual people and make actual differences both on and off campus. It was the best decision I have ever made.

Courtney

I have learned much about teaching children through my schooling at Illinois College. I find the skills I have learned a great way for me to become a great teacher one day. Even though the college is expensive to attend, I have great skills now to run my own classroom. Also, I have made many lifelong friends.

Cory

My college experience has strengthened me as an individual, and I feel as if I have matured greatly in the short two years of attending. For example, I had the unique experience of participating in a group that works with first generation students by preparing them for college; by having them come to campus a few weeks before the other students and doing core subjects with professors and college students. Transitioning from high school to college was rather difficult, but I endured the challenges that change presented and used it to better myself as an individual. College has changed me as a person, and I feel if this change keeps up then I will be ready to take on the world. Attending college is crucial for anybody even considering getting a over minimum wage job, even though its hard it will be well worth it once it is all done.

Shelby

Although I have only been enrolled in college for one semester I have gotten a lot out of it. College has been a great experience so far. It is teaching me how to manage my time, and how to take care of myself. I feel that college is helping me become independent and is helping me gain the information I need to know to become successful. Coming to college has made me value my education more. It makes me feel accomplished being the first person in my immediate family to attend a four year university. I feel that my college experience will grow to be even more wonderful. It is molding me into the person I will become for the rest of my life. I can't wait to look back at my college experience and see how much I have grown.

Andrea

From my college experience thus far I have learned to plan and live on my own away from my parents. In high school I didn't have to study much for any of my classes but this changed when I got to college. I have learned to study and prepare for tests. I've really enjoyed how friendly everyone is here on campus. I have been able to create relationships with my teachers because they are helpful with I have problems understanding the information they are teaching. Also the friends I have made here at college have made a very valuable impact on my experience. I know that these friends will be there for me whenever I need them.

Alexander

College was valuable for me for that fact that in order to be successful in life, you must have a good college education. In the realization of this, I decided to pursue a dual learning experience, to heighten my musical skills as well as my business sense. I come from a family with high values in pursuing a college education, so going into college was not a mattter of choice or opinion. My choice in higher learning was a result of my past experience in business and music. I consider myself an artist: keyboard player, songwriter, and producer; as well as a businessman, after selling Cutco merchandise and aspiring to be an entreprenuer. In order to start my own businesses, my intelligence would need to be backed by a solid source of reference: a college degree. It never mattered to me where I attained my degree; just the fact that I am aiming for several in my possession by 2016 brings confidence to my inner workings. The fact that I am ambitious and a hard worker, in my eyes, proves busting my buns for a college degree is worth every penny spent; because in the end, its a penny earned.

My college experience has been valuable to me because I have learned how to think critically, be prepared for the world, and how working hard will get me far in life. I am a student who struggles not because I have lack of focus or studying, I struggle because I come from a divorced family and a middle economic family. Because my family has never really had money I have learned how to juggle two jobs and go to school full time. I realize that by getting a college degree this in turn will help me obtain a career that will pay decent money so I can invest money towards college money for my children. I believe this is valuable because it prepares you for the world and teaches values of working hard for the money because all the money I currently make goes towards school. In college some students may party and have things given to them but they are not learning or preparing for the future; where as I work hard and I am focused so in the end I can be successful.

Julie

Illinois College spends a lot of time trying to open all of its students to different cultures and traditions. I feel that I have gained valuable insight to things I may have not otherwise experienced, like attending convocations and attending world culture events. Illinois College has a variety of lectures and activities that open up its students' minds to these things. After attending this college I have gained respect, knowledge and understanding of different world cultures, and I have had the opportunity to travel to different countries to immerse myself in their culture. Those experiences and newfound enlightenment are invaluable to me, and I know I will treasure them for the rest of my life.

Liz

As I progress through my studies, I realize that my skills in communication, computers, group collaborations, and people skills have grown in magnitude. With these, I can enrich society to embrace differences and learn to work together towards a common goal. I was fortunate enough to participate in a BreakAway while earning my Bachelor's Degree. After 10 weeks of study focused on associated literature, history, and sociological aspects, a mixed group of faculty and students spent a week in London, England, where we visited some of the most spectacular buildings and sites in the world. Our campus contains visiting students from several foreign countries and encourages U.S. students to study or travel abroad by offering scholarships, grants, and opportunities through the Study Abroad and BreakAway programs. Interaction with students from differing ethnicities or countries is emphasized through clubs and classes on-campus. Globalization is spreading, and being able to cooperate and build friendships with other people from different backgrounds builds character and strengthens our global community. Keeping this in mind, I stay in contact with friends who have graduated and moved back to their own countries to continue their studies.

Sharon

I started college when I had come to a crossroads in my life. My husband and I divorced, and I had no real training that would lead to a fulfilling career. That first semester was so difficult for me, and I was afraid to even talk in class. I had an amazing oral communications professor that pushed me to come out of my shell. With her encouragement and inspiration I began to speak in public and talked more in classes every day. Always searching for new answers and no longer afraid to question even what was in our textbooks or happening in the world. Growing up with abuse, I always knew I wanted to find the reason behind the cycle of events. The advisors and professors helped me to decide on my major in psychology. Through the help I have received from the faculty and staff at college, I became more involved in our community and on campus. Through this involvement I have seen an even higher need for the help that I am aspiring to be able to confidently give. Without the college community, I would still be searching for answers for my own personal goals.

Wilma

My college experience at the Lancaster Campus of Central Pennsylvania College has enriched my life in so many different ways. I've learned to listen to other peoples perspectives, to think outside the box, and to live by my own set of values and beliefs. I'm not so quick to believe everything I'm told, but to question things and search for the true answer. I have learned that things I used to believe were impossible for me to learn, I can learn when I apply myself to my studies. I have learned that when things are hard, if I reach way down inside myself, I am able to pull up the impossible. This experience alone, has helped to make me a confident and self assured person. Knowing who I am as I enter the professional field is why my college experience has been valuable to me. The friendships I've established with fellow students and professors has also brought value and meaning to my life.

Alicia

Looking back now, my choice to become a Dual Enrollment student and attend college a year early was one of the best choies I could have made. I allowed myself to "broaden my horizons" and take chances by meeting new people and challenging my abilities academically and personally. College, in my opinion, is a symbol of hope. Hope for more knowledge and more experiences. I have learned to enjoy life and look forward to my future. My college experience definitely changed my life for the better. If more people were exposed to these opportunities, I am sure they would feel the same way.

Dani

My time at Illinois College is full of invaluable experiences. One of my best decisions was to join a Literary Society, Sigma Phi Epsilon. I?ve held many offices and am currently serving as their President. These girls have become my family, and friends that will stick with me for the rest of my life. In college I figured out what I wanted to do with my life. I stopped listening to what other people told me was "practical" and discovered what I really want. I'm an activist, a feminist, and I care deeply about people and the issues surrounding them. After undergrad I plan to join the Peace Corps. I'm a Theatre major, which is something I never thought possible. I now know that I want to attain a higher degree and teach at the college level. Although I don?t know all the details yet, my life has a plan. In my time in college I?ve figured out what I like and what I like to do, but most importantly I discovered who I was.

Atiana

I have attend classes at my high school during dual enrollment and I feel that this experience has given me the chance to get to know myself better. I have had the opportunity to take some courses and find out some of my interests. This as allowed me to think about the major I want to have and degree I will earn. I have every intention to get a degree and graduate college. I am a hard working and dedicated student that will be the first one in my family to graduate college if my twin sister does not beat me to it. College is very important to me to be able to have a successful future. With a degree from college it would open doors to other opportunities and allow me to have a degree in something that I am passionate about. I believe that more people should attend college to have opportunities for a stable and successful future.

Taylor

I have only attended college for a year but I have already gained so much from this experience. To really understand what I have gained you have to know that I am twin. My sister and I have been inseparable all of our life. In the fall of 2009, my sister and I set out for two different colleges that were two hours apart. I learned a lot about my self this past year. I always felt that my sister was better at everything. When I got to college, I realized I was the only one comparing us. I found courage in my self to just be the best me. I also learned that I could stand on my own two feet. My parents have been support all my life and though their love and support are just as strong, I found I can make my own decision for my self though the may not always be the best decision. Most of all, I found out that I am a much stronger person than I ever thought I was. To some this might not be a huge gain but to me, I feel I have gained everything.

Through my experience at Ivy Tech Community College, I have learned a great deal about time management, communication, and the value of learning. I have been continually challenged by the experience of a college environment, and I have developed perseverence in the face of hardships, exhaustion, and pressure. I have gained basic knowledge in a variety of subjects, but I also have learned much about people and life through my professors, faculty, and fellow students. As a human services student, I am learning practical skills, such as active listening, reflection, paraphrasing, summarizing, and more. I feel that I am being prepared to effectively support a diverse population of clients. Overall, college has been a rewarding experience.

zachary

I have gotten out of my college experience that you have to work hard for what you want. If you want it bad enough you will do whatever you have to do just to get it. I had to work hard to get in to this college and i am really happy to be here i hop that I get to keep all of my friends and make more when I leave.

Katie

I would tell myself that acquiring good study habits is detrimental to my college education. Unfortunetly I did not develope good study habits in high school and that has made my college years harder than they should have been. I would have motivated myself to take school seriously and in turn would have gained valuble learning skills that would have helped me a lot in college. The second thing is to be who I am. Don't be who you think people want you to be. If someone doesn't respect you for who you are or what you believe than you really don't need that person in your life. When I was in high school I tried to please everyone and be apart of everything even if that meant me being unhappy. When I got to college I soon found out that the ultimate goal out of life is to make myself happy and not worry about what others thought about me. God brings the people into your life that are suppose to be there and I really learned that going away to college. But the number one thing I would tell myself is, Mom is ALWAYS right!

Hannah

If I could go back in time to talk to myself about college life, I would advice myself to try my hardest and stay calm. In college the only thing you can do is try your best. If you need academic help you should get it through the available tutoring services because everyone including yourself wants you to succeed. I would also tell myself not to get too stressed about the little things. You have to stay calm, and take what comes to you with patience. Nothing is given to you that you cannot handle; it may be difficult at times, but keep trying and you will be successful. The last piece of advice I would give myself is to value friendships. Since your family is not there with you, you have to lean on friends and keep them close. Be the best friend you can and you will get support and love in return. Friends are your family when you are at school.

Devin

The first thing that i would tell myelf is to create good study habits, because in college the studying is a vital part to your success. Also, i would definitely advise myself to work on time management. Time management is something that has to be dealt with every single day, and it is essential that your time is managed well. The last thing that i would advise myself to do is to develop better critical thinking and listening skills. These skills are needed while in class, and are also needed outside of class when doing your homework or writing a paper. There are lots of papers in college, and being able to think to get through them makes it a whole lot easier to accomplish.

Corey

If I could go back in time before college and talk to myself as a high school senior there are a couple things that I would tell myself. First, I would tell myself to make sure I study for tests a little each night starting at least a week before the test. College isn't like high school and you can't cram the night before and still expect to get an A. I would also tell myself to make sure you get out and meet people the first week that your at college cause if you wait to long everyone has already formed groups and it is harder to find friends.

Hailie

I would tell myself to relax, and look forward to the first few weeks--they really fly by! I was really nervous about having a randomly-selected roommate, but we ended up having a lot of things in common, and when it came to some of our differences, we've been flexible about letting each other be seperate people. I've also realized that college offers more freedom socially than high school. When I was younger, I was really shy in school, but lately, I have felt more free to express myself. I think that before college started, I was very apprehensive about all the changes in my life that would happen, but now I realize that these changes and how I've reacted to them have been an important part of who I am. I hope that in the future, I can use this knowledge to relax and look forward to changes in my life. Because after all, I know what it's like to be the nervous freshman, but I also know what it takes to become a confident upperclassman.

Alexander

If I were able to go back in time to my senior year in high school, there are a few things that I would tell myself to do to better prepare for college living. The first thing that I would say to myself is to be more on top of my homework. I feel that while academically I was very well prepared for the first semester, but I struggled to keep myself on top of my homework. That brings me to the second thing I would tell myself, to be more organized. I was a very unorganized student in high school, and making the transition from being unorganized to organized at the same time as adjusting to college living was difficult. I feel like if I had been more organized, I would have been more on top of my homework, and as a result gotten better grades. Those two things would be the most important things I would tell myself if I could go back and counsel my senior self.

Make sure to do research on possible majors and what classes are offered under that major at schools you're looking at. Be fexible, yet decisive. It is okay to change your mind and major, but when it's time to be serious, do just that. Focus on schoolwork at least half as much as social life. They say that for every hour spent in class, two hours should be spent studying, BUT it'sokay to spend less time as long as you allow more time when needed. Figure out your study habits early! You write best under pressure, but be sure to get all other schoolwork done before the paper has to be written. Lastly, this isn't high school. It's okay to be 100{4a082faed443b016e84c6ea63012b481c58f64867aa2dc62fff66e22ad7dff6c} yourself. People will like you for who you are. Stand up for what you believe in or you'll fall for anything.

Darren

Hey, Darren, I want to congratulate you on taking advantage of so much that your high school has to offer you: - Taking all of the honors/advanced classes that were offered; - Playing competitively in three different varsity sports; - Making wise choices in your electives; - Volunteering in causes that you believe in; - Establishing great friendships. Now, I'd like for you to stretch just a little more and consider taking on leadership roles like Student Government, a class office, or president of one of your many organizations or clubs. Leadership roles in high school will improve your communication skills (oral and written) and develop listening, delegation, time-management, organizational, and human relations skills. I've been reading several professional publications recently and a common thread is regret at not having taken advantage of the opportunity to develop leadership skills initially in high school and then further refining them in college. Professionals feel that a lack of skills in these areas have negatively impacted both their job satisfaction and success. Keep up the great work, Darren! You are going to be very proud of your efforts in high school! And, please consider taking charge in an organization that you feel strongly about.

I would tell myself that I need to work on organizing my area and time a lot more. Juggling sports and school and a social life is tuff. Knowing when things are do and when I have an event is very important for myself, to maintain all three things in my life.

Kelly

Don't get discourage about what other poeple say about you. Listen to what people say when they say that it gets better. you'll make new friends and enjoy school even more than you already do. Just bare with the rest of high school life.

Christina

I would tell myself not to worry so much about the little things. College is tough but it makes you stronger and smarter in the end. Take the little chances to have fun in high school because once you get to college there's not much time for fun between studying and classes and work. When packing for dorm life, pack your bags and take only half of the things you think you will need. Dorms are much smaller than you would think. Move in day will be crazy and you will see many unfamiliar faces and a few familiar ones, just know that everyone is in the same boat with moving in and attempting to fit their whole life in a small shared room. When meeting your roommate say hello with a smile and treat her the way you would like to be treated. Last of all, have fun in your last year of high school, you'll never get the chance to go back, and during your first year of college, work hard, have fun, and stay out of trouble. Make the next four years count and have the time of your life.

Annamarie

I would tell myself that there is a lot more freedom going to be coming your way, so make sure that you use your time wisely and get involved in things right away! Academics are most definately your number one focus but you do need to have a social life as well, so have some fun every once in a while. No matter how difficult classes or how homesick you may get... never, never give up! You can do anything you really want to do!

EvaAnne

When I was a high school senior, I really didn't know what I wanted to do, but I was sure I was going to go to college. I would tell myself to explore more career choices and figure out what I would do. I did not prepare as I should have for my college studies. In addition, I would also tell myself to be more independent my first year of college. Even though I lived 4 hours away, I went home a lot, when I should have spent more time with my new friends and doing homework on campus. I missed out on a lot of important social life on the weekends. I would have also told myself to befriend more of the international students, as they have much more interesting lives than some other students at school! I'm now a senior, and I wish I had more time with my friends and more time to figure out my future! I could have started my search much earlier.

Meagan

Being in high school again; what a rush that would be. First of all I would suggest to myself that I should enjoy it ten times more because it goes by so quickly and is way easier than what I'm about to get myself into. On a more serious note I would definitely make sure I stuck to my gut feelings. So many things can be compromised when you're placed in a new and less comfortable environment. From learning and opening your mind it is sometimes more likely to question everything you were once so sure of. After being a senior in high school you think you are big stuff and unbreakable. But its not reality! Stay level headed and not unruley; it will definitely be worth it in the long run because it will cause a lot less suffering once you finally realize you can be brought down to the ground. Hard. Keep your head up because you never know where these things will lead you. Trust me, you won't even imagine how much you will grow up and how much you will learn about your self and the rest of the world.

Kathryn

I would tell myself to save up as much money as I could because college is far from being cheap. Getting a part time job will help some but it still makes it difficult to scrap and claw to find enough money just to pay next semester's bill. Aside from the difficult financial situation, college does have it's upsides. The professors are mostly friendly and willing to help; just take the time to ask them. The students are mostly open-minded and try for the most part to respect each other's views. Don't be affraid to dig right in and get involved because sometimes you'll learn things about yourself and other people that you wouldn't know otherwise. College is sometimes a difficult situation, but no matter what, don't give up. There's always a way to work around a problem; you just have to be willing to put in the time and effort in order to find it.

Jeremy

Be open to trying new things. College is te time when you truly find yourself