Illinois College

« See more reviews of Illinois College

I wish I had known that the students do not have a voice. Unfortunately, the administration makes all the decisions and rarely considers the students' opinions. For example, very few students supported the plus/minus grading system, but despite our concerns, the grading system was implemented. I also wish I had known how great the professors truly are! Each professor remains dedicated to their subject and their students, which I find very rare in a college. No class is permitted to enroll more than 50 students so one will never be merely a number at Illinois College.

I really didn't know much about IC before I arrived on campus. I applied on a whim and it turned out it was the best college for me. I wished I would have known what campus groups I could get involved in. It was not a really big deal to me at the time I applied but that is one of the best ways to meet people. It turned out that I got involved in Up Til Dawn and B.A.S.I.C. I am glad that I had the opportunity to be apart of these groups.

I wish that I had known that the classes are limited when it comes to number of students admitted into each class as well as when each class is offered. Many times the classes that you wish to take or need to take are not offered every semester or even every year. I also was not aware at how much money was spent in the book store and how little you get back when selling back your books.

When I came to this school, I wish I would've known that due to a rule made by Residential Life, here on campus, I have to live on campus untill I have 88 credits or when I become a senior. Going to this great school comes at a great cost and if I could cut off some of the price by living off campus, that would be great.

I wish I would have known that the college was going to go through a HUGE revamping of its structure, marketing, and grading system all in the time I am here. The College has changed way too much over the past two years, and I wish I would have known that these changes were going to happen.

I wish I had known about how difficult this school really is. The teachers predominantely all have PhD's which is why the teachers care about how we do and how we think and learn. The teachers sincerely want (us) to become great citizens and have great careers.

I wish i would have known how expensive it would be on my parents. Then, maybe I would have been able to earn more scholarships to help them pay for it.

I wish i knew how hard the biology program was. The classes were much harder than those at other colleges and really lowed many peopl's GPA.

I wish I had know to take some summer genral education classes before attending to get them out of the way.

I wish that i knew that a smaller school means very few social activities compared to bigger schools.