Illinois College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Illinois College

Lisset

They have a fantastic science department with amazing professors. However, they lack the resources to fully prepare their students for medical school. This college is not diverse in any way! I wish they did more for their first-generation, DACA, and BIPOC students.

Sergio

Illinois College provides a setting that sets its students up to think critically in things other academics. As a small, liberal arts college, there is plenty of opportunity to change the campus because of how you can develop close relationships with the faculty, staff, and administrators. Having faculty, staff, and administrators as accessible as they are at Illinois College allows students to know that they will be heard and are cared about. The faculty at Illinois College are spectacular, and go out of their way to ensure that their students are able to further their passion for whatever subject they are studying. Research opportunities, internships, and study abroad trips are part of the typical experience for a student at Illinois College which helps us solidify our love for what we are studying. The environment of Illinois College fosters love for whatever academic subject you like while making sure that you enjoy living on campus.

Alexis

This college is my home away from home. I love the smaller size, the individual attention given by professors and the overall atmosphere of campus. The students are also very friendly and you can always have an interesting conversation. The cafeteria food is not the best but you can always go to Mondos for a sub or Starbucks for a nice drink. The classes are challenging and there are a select few professors that are not the best at teaching but through my experience, all the professors on campus are more than happy to explain topics to you during their office hours or just have a nice chit-chat.

Grace

IC has professors that will go above and beyond to ensure students are understanding and getting the most out of their classes. There are fun events on campus and an amazing library with great librarians who are always there to help. The college is great at making sure students get internship and research opportunities before graduating.

Connor

Illinois College is a small tightly knit school, where academics are strong. while the sports may not be very good, most students particiapte in them and enjoy what they do. The worst thing about Illinois College is it's hard to find things to do on the weekend if you don't party.

Lena

It's a great school. The professors are pretty much always available and they are very knowledgeable in the fields. They are willing to help you with anything. The cafeteria food isn't the greatest. We don't have frats or soroities but there are literary societies and they are pretty cool!

McAbraham

To me, it is the best college and I am proud to call it my home

Kristan

In my opinion, Illinois College is an average private college. The best things about the school are the small class sizes and small overall campus size. Professors are often very helpful and accessible. Unfortunately, the housing for first year students could definitely use some upgrades, and the food is not always the best. In fact, during the fall semester of 2016 our dining facilities nearly failed health inspection.

Carli

If you enjoy running into the same people again and again, this is the college for you! Almost everyone knows everyone else, including professors. The professors know you personally, and want you to succeed. They have regular office hours and keep them. The campus itself is small, too; only eight minutes of walking is needed to get across campus. The health center is great, too, and, if you have a health related problem, then you should take full advantage of it! The food isn't that great, but there are kitchens in the dorms so you can avoid the food in the cafeteria.

ana

When I was looking for a university to apply to, I was trying to find one with qualified criminal justice program, and university with campus situation that appealed to me. I know that looking for a college is hard, and stressful time. Personally, I already knew what my major was going to be so it made easy to find universities with criminal justice program. Illinois College has experienced faculty members and professors, for example David Walter. He has been involved in police work, and in courts, which gives students advantages. Illinois College campus is so small, and this is the best thing about it. I feel like I am at home. In classes there are like 10, 20 students not 100 or more which gives students opportunity to ask questions, get to know students. Students are also able to ask questions after class. Staff is so friendly, they make you feel like you belong there. If anyone is looking for a small campus with amazing faculty members and qualified academic Illinois College is the best university to attend!

Cheyanne

Illinois College is an amazing school. Everyone is connected and gets along great. The dorms vary in size but all are decent sized. There are options to live in on campus houses and apartments also. Jacksonville is a short drive to Springfield so there is a lot of places to shop and a lot of things to do. Besides that therr is apways something going on, on campus. The food is decent and there are 3 differnt places ti eat on campus. The breakfast is the best! When it comes to the classes they are small my largest class was 20 students. This gives students and professors the option to get to onow each other. I have been to 3 different colleges and Illinois College is by far my favorite.

Adrializ

Even though their academics are pretty good, and some of the professors are very good at their job, Illinois College has a lot to work on. The money they should be using on improvements usually goes to unnecessary programs, such as a gaming room. The food has, literally, been found to be unhealthy and uneatable. The food is either too strange to consume, or gives you gastric problems afterwards. They claim to be huge promoters of diversity, but it seems hypocritical. There is not much diversity in campus nor support for those who are diverse.

Kaytlyn

I love this college! There are so many opportunities for people to step out of their comfort zone and feel like they are apart of the college atmosphere. The teachers are very helpful and the counselors are always available to help students out when they need it. Illinois College succeeded my expectations by a long shot, the classroom sizes are great they are small so that way the professors get to know everyone in their classroom. There are also many activities to participate in to keep you busy during the weekend and everything is close to the campus!! I would highly recommend this college to anyone who is looking for a small campus and a great academic culture.

Ariel

I love it here!

Kalisa

It is a great place to form great collections with students as well as faculty. It is a very welcoming environment with plenty of activities to participate in on campus. They work hard to engage students, especially freshman and to get them as involved as possible, which helps to make for an easy transition into college life.

Not

I will never recommend Illinois College. I have been put on depression and anxiety medicine because of my professors. All the faculty does is gossip about students rather than care about what the truth is. "safe IC" is crap and when I called about a suicidal friend the school told me to let them sleep in my room and pushed off the problem on me. um. I am a college student- not a mental health professional. I never know how or who to contact for help. Living conditions aren't great and really strict. rules are never known until you get fined. I am always on edge for the next time I might get in trouble for doing absolutely nothing. No one tells their honest opinion about it here and everything is fake for potential students. after your campus visit you will never talk to administration again because they don't care. the only outcome when you're sick is that you are pregnant because they don't want to spend any money on actual tests for your well being.

Dawson

Very poor cafeteria service. The dorms on the campus are alright but have their issues. The professors are nice people but have issues with meeting the students needs. The Bruner fitness and recreation center is a very nice spot on campus and a great spot to view the various sports contests.

Asia

Illinois College is one of the best liberal arts school. I don’t have to pay for books, its in my tuition. We don't have a “greek” life on campus, but we do have lit society’s. They have a program called welcome week that really helps transfers and new students transition to IC life.