Chicago, IL
Illinois Institute of Technology

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Illinois Institute of Technology

Joseph

A group of highly intelligent students dedicated to improving themselves through education.

The main thing that I have gotten out of my college experience has been the discipline to not only learn; but to stretch myself beyond my own goals. The curriculum is very demanding and the professors expect students to keep up with the paces that have been established. This challenge has awakened my own intellect and made me strive for an even deeper understanding of the material as I have progressed over the past two and a half years. I will be an asset to my future employers because of the training and education that I am receiving at Illinois Institute of Technology.

Someone interested in learning in a fast paced environment.

Obinna

My school is best known for creating engineers, scientists, mathematicians, etc who can adapt to this rapidly changing technological world; Students that excell in their fields and professionals that set the trail for others to follow.

My school is the only school I know that offers the IPRO program. The IPRO program is a program that brings students from various disciplines together to solve some very crucial problems in science, engineering, business, etc. It gives students an opportunity to be part of the 'great innovators' while still in school. Students ,after completing this program , see the world in a whole new way because of their exposure to different fields. Every student must participate in the IPRO! My schoolis a school that simply 'Unleashes the genius in everyone'.

In just 3 weeks of attending IIT, I have learnt a lot ; From academics to culture and even to my career path in life! IIT has shaped my mind and I have been programmed to believe that Anything is possible. I now have a vision and I can see how I fit into this world of expanding complexity. Although I have spent just three weeks in IIT, I have learnt what I did not know for the first 21 years of my life! walton in mary shelly's book (Frankenstein) said -"What cannot be expected in the city of eternal light?'. I know the answer and the answer is "nothing!". In the city of eternal light anything is possible! But the best thing is this - IIT is the city of eternal light!

Attending the Rockville campus of Montgomery College (MC) in Maryland has been a culturally enriching experience for me. I came from a Massachusetts community college where the demographics were not vast. Now, in my third semester at MC, I have fostered friendships with people from all areas of the world including Senegal, Columbia and Bangladesh. Each of these new friendships has broadened my horizons. These new friends have taught me about their diverse cultures and intricate languages. After hearing about the beautiful city of Dhaka in Bangladesh my interests have turned to international travel. I have learned that every individual is truly unique. Every person has their own stories to tell about where they came from, how they arrived at where they are now, and what they hope to achieve in the future. My college experience has given me a voracious appetite to learn more. I have taken a heightened interest in Sociology and Anthropology due to my exposure to a school whose student body is as diverse as the seasons. I look forward to harvesting more knowledge about alternate cultures and using it to help others understand and appreciate the differences in humankind.

Nabiha

The thing that made IIt stand out above all other schools was the fact that the school had a great social life/acceptance. I came here for a weekend and I was treated so well, the current students then took us out to place on and off campus, and no one cared how you looked, how you dressed or how famous you were. Everyone just got along. I remember telling my mother, Mom, I can SO see myself fitting into this school!

College helps you grow up and become practical. You realize that theres really no on that will hold you hand and baby you. You have to stand up for yourself and help yourself become a better you. In college, I realized what educations really about. I mean in HS I was an A/B student with a 31 on my ACT. And then I came here and I flopped. I have a 2.48 GPA! Thats HORRIBLE. But, it happened because I wasnt great with my freedom. I abused it. This is what college taught me. How to grow up, use my time wisely, and appreciate everything life throws towards you!

Desfinetly engineers should attend this school. Also, students that are Psychology Majors. Really, they have strong emphasis on these subjects. They have A GREAT Chemistry Lab. Organic Chemistry here is so amazing in entirety. Biology major will do well here as well. Pretty much anyone and everyone can fit in here. You see very young gifted students here, and older people too!

Andrew

There are many positives that I can take out of my college experience most notable of which is my passion for the Information Technology discipline as well as the opportunity to experience the cultural diversity at IIT. I came into Illinois Institute of Technology as a transfer student with a brief background of Information Technology that I had received while studying in India. I am leaving the Undergraduate program with a certainty of what I would like to do for a career, and a desire to pursue a Graduate degree in Computer and Information Security as well as course studies in Web Development. This can be credited to the enthusiasm of the Professors, their passion for their respective specializations, and their willingness to help. Also, the variety of student organizations at IIT has given me a platform to learn about and appreciate different cultures; every culture proudly showcases its identity through events on campus. My involvement with Bridges IIT -an organization that caters to International Students helping them blend in with the American lifestyle -has enabled me to meet people and build friendships that have influenced my perspective on life. It has been a great experience.

The commitment to education is a plus; every single class is very competitive. Also the fact that you are provided with opportunities to work on projects with people from different majors is a great experience that teaches team work and somewhat simulates a real world professional experience.

I wish I had known more about the availability of various scholarships; it would definitely have helped me decrease the school loans that I have.

Courtney

The college experience has allowed me the opportunity to grow and focus on the goals that I have set for myself. Although I have not gotten everything I hoped for at IIT, I don’t regret my decision to come here because I have been heavily challenged in my Biomedical Engineering classes, which has helped me prepare for the MCAT and given me a work ethic that I will need to maintain in order to compete in cutthroat medical school, and allowed me to meet intelligent students and professors that have made my learning experience a treat. Overall, while college can be overwhelming at first, it is a vast network of connections and opportunities that everyone should cherish because it can lead you to doing what you love in the future.

IIT is a great campus to attend because you get to meet a diverse group of students, attend challenging classes, and participate in a variety of different social events.

The meal plans and the housing prices because they seem overpriced for the quality that you receive and the choices you have.

Abhiroop

The student to tacher is very low which makes every class a personal experience. The university has comparatively less students than other large and renowned universities which makes this a closely knit society. A lot of international students make this a very diverse environment. It is a great cultural experience.

The university is a closely knit family as there are comparatively less students. There is a huge international presence which makes it interacting with other international students a pleasure. I am also getting to know a lot in a lively place like Chicago. It is full of culture and the cultural institutions are amazing. The students here are very helpful and all departments here work with great efficiency. Also, the emphasis on technology as a mean of teaching is taken to a new level here. It makes working a great enjoyment.

There aren't a lot of sports options to play. The university has a very limited choice when it comes to sports.

TING

IIT is a good place for my research on Smart Grid.

IIT is a good place for my research on Smart Grid.

Before I begin my master degree pursuing, I have been working in Power Grid for 4 years, it was really a helpful and good experience for me, i became more mature and atttain much practical experience out of the text book in the realistic world. Then I decides to learn more stuffs about my job, then I come to IIT.

The best thing is you can always find your friends, different color, different faith, different language, all over the world.

Robert

One of the things I most appreciate at the Illinois Institute of Technology is the diversity among the students. I have met people from Korea, India, China, Ghana, Nigeria and so forth. It is amazing to speak to these people and to work closely with them. I believe it is a great asset to develop relationships with people that are not born in this country during college. For one, it broadens one’s view of the world. I once went to a community college and I have not seen the diversity in students then I do here. Another thing I appreciate at IIT is the Inter-professional Projects (IPRO) that we are required to take. These consist of a group of students solving a problem or researching new technologies/methodologies. When it comes to group work, this is the ultimate example. The students are the ones that lead these projects. It is as close to gaining job experience while getting college credit and looks great on a resume. I learned what I can expect from myself and from others. I also had a chance to learn about things outside my level of comfort, a great learning opportunity.

People with an interest in technology and research.

A person who percieves college as a place just to party all time like in some movies.

Illinois Institute of Technology administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.