Chicago, IL
Illinois Institute of Technology

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Illinois Institute of Technology

James

Apply for as many scholarships as possible, because school itself comes fairly simply to me, but the money is a different sto...

Apply for as many scholarships as possible, because school itself comes fairly simply to me, but the money is a different story.

The worst thing is probably the sound of the train, but I also like the train because it gets you downtown in 5 minutes, so it balances out.

Edward

It's never too late to prepare for college. I know, traditionally, most start preparing their junior year, but applying earlier will make you so much more aware of the processes and the subtle nuances that actually make a huge difference. Workload doesn't get lighter by senior year. It may seem that way because of the fallacy that is senioritis and the ideas spread by the student body that your last year doesn't matter. It does and it is just as precious as any other school year. Make the most of it by doing the best work and help achieve that by spreading your workload of present and future throughout all your years in high school, not just the last two.

I think someone who expects the stereotypical college experience of constant partying, large sporting events, unruly greek life, etc., will be disappointed that IIT is not like that. Though IIT can have their moments of such kind of social activities, most social gatherings take a more intimate and calmer approach. There is a definite preference for quality of the company rather than the quantity.

We are a pretty poor social aspect at this campus. Trying to instill a feeling of school spirit is a struggle. Much of this, I attribute to our high percentage of international students. This reason alone, however, is not a bad thing. I actually love having this much diversity, but it definitely presents a unique set of challenges that much of the student body is still trying to work out. It has been getting better, but all the pieces are not in the right places yet, but whole picture is starting to be distinguishable.

Kaelin

Opportunity. This school provides more than ample information and resources for students to find research, career, or academic related opportunities. The more a student strives for the more they will find and be rewarded for their efforts. This is not to say that these opportunities are easy to come by, they require their fair-share of work, but that is expected and advertised.

While the idea of giving yourself advice may seem romantic to some I choose not to live my life in the past. The choices I made then are what brought me to where I am today, and they will take me to my future. If I were to say anything to my past-self it would be merely to say, "Keep up the good work and never question the choices you will make."

The academic pressure. Many students have commented that this university has much higher academic standards and workload requirements that others they have attended. While I agree with this sentiment I also believe the professors to be fair and understanding individuals. All of the professors have many years of expertise in research, field-related careers, or education, if not some combination of the three, and they desire to push the students to excel in the necessary areas.

Max

IIT holds diversity, a good name, and has unlocked a side of educational fascination that I did not realize I had. IIT, compared to other schools, has the ability to show me not just my potential, but how my potential fits in to so much more than what I had previously imagined.

Stop panicking about what you're going to do, stop worrying about jobs during the summer, stop worrying about the costs of college, or making new friends, or getting a new place to live, or doing more work. Worrying has never gotten you anywhere, it sits as a hinderence to your potential. the only time to think about worrying is when you're looking for a challenge. write that paper, do that project, stop getting scared about the minor details and error margins. Failure is good for you, so stop worrying! See everything as a challenge, not a limit; you are not faced with things you cannot do, but things you simply haven't done yet. Be everything you can be, and don't be afraid to have to dodge a few falling rocks, even be hit by one or two, as you climb to that peak. Everything is worth it in the end, so just stop worrying and start doing.

Those who do not want to work should not go to IIT. almost everyone has a place here, but those that want to simply sit back every day, skip classes, ditch tests, pay for homework answers and essays; those are the people who should not go to this school.

Dane

Figure out what you want to do and where you want to go while in high school. This may seem like a hard task as there are so many opportunities and so many colleges available, but it is worth the time and effort to invest in your future. Do not be afraid to try new things and enjoy yourself! Put yourself in situations in which you would normally avoid. You can expose yourself to experiences which can benefit your future, make new friends which will help with networking (also helping you in the future), and you might even have fun. Take advantage of everything your school has to offer. You will be paying, a lot, for an education and in addition to classes, schools will host all sorts of events & clubs which most people fail to attend.While it may be tempting to go out and party with your new found freedom, I would encourage you to do it in moderation and instead use what your are already paying for. The most important thing: Go to class! While bigger universities may not have an attendance policy, skipping class will put you at a disadvantage.

The location. While I love Chicago, there is a high crime rate, especially on the South Side reletavily close to IIT. I have heard stories from both my siblings and cousins about friends being mugged/assaulted just blocks from campus. I understand there is risk in any populated area, especially larger cities, but the pros of being in Chicago far outweigh the risks.

Chicago. I love that city. When I tell my friends wher I will be attedning school in the fall, not only do I revel in the fact that I will be in one of the most fun and culturally rich cities in the country, but also attending an institute with a history rooted in preparing students for the engineering field.

The advice I would give is to keep up what has been started. I was an extreme try-hard in high school and was focused on the academic structure and what accompanies it. I would tell myself to focus on what I want to be doing, not to impress others. I lost this in college, and would love the opportunity to gain back my stamina of both academics & athletics. I am now focused on pursuing opportunities specific to furthering myself in the professional world, rather than academics. I would tell myself to not to forget people from high school, but to venture to further places rather than a location relatively close to home. To just do what I want to, be open to suggestions, and to never give up on goals.

The most frustrating thing about his school is the lack of common sense. Professors rely on the academic structure rather than applying practical situtations. It is frustrating to have to supplement education with further research and actions, when the school is extremely expensive and should be providing this information and these types of resources. Everyone (professors and students) is extremely opinionated and narrow-minded.

People who already are accustomed to being an introvert and are extremely focused on academic or plan to go into acadamia.

Haris

IIT's diversity and ambition samples how the many different people of Earth can all come together to pursue a better future.

I would tell myself that he should continuously put in a better effort and never to let failures bother him and instead to learn from them. I was a slacker back in high school; lost in the system and not knowing where to go. I held myself back constantly and continued to do so even after I left high school and it wasn't until half way through community college did I realize that just by putting in some effort the good grades are right in my reach. I would want to tell him that putting effort into life is not only practical in school but just everywhere he would go. Feeling out of place and constantly discouraged by my past failures always got me down and unmotivated and nothing started going in my best interests until I started motivating myself. The number one thing I would have done is start this process sooner for myself but I cannot instead I wish to try and spread it to my little brother and others because hopefully no one else should have to feel inadequate about themselves to the point they wish they could have done the same sooner.

The best thing about IIT is the strong passion for engineering and related study fields on compass. The architecture of the compass and the engineering it took to build most off the buildings is spectacular. The engineering on the tube to reduce noise levels in the bog is a good example and the architecture of the bog itself is another. Mies van der Rohe designed a lot of the buildings and boasted our campus to world recognition for being an architectural wonder. The school takes pride in how it presents itself and it's history.

Larry

It oozes the urban environment theme. A lot of schools seem to go for an Ivy League-esque kind of school where it's prestigious, but this school wants to fit in with the rest of the environment. Sure, there are a lot of buildings that seem misplaced, like the MTCC, which supports the CTA Green line train, but the real spot-on thing about the school are the creations people have made throughout the school.

Classes have never been just about getting a good score and letting your parents brag about you with other parents. College gives you a shot of reality and problems that want you deal with it. There will be times where you won't know how to solve the problem, but the fact of the matter is, that feeling of nervousness and fear of failure while taking these shots is great to have. It shows that you are ready to take on these problems and solve them. College is where you'll be able to make these mistakes, but actually have the chance to amend them. With prudent and diligent decision making, this is ability to transition into college is possible.

This school's culture is very different from other schools. It's relatively perfect for introverts because there doesn't seem to be many events going on. Rather, events that do happen are completely separated from the important tasks other students may be doing. This college lets you have a very quiet lifestyle all in all.

Zachary

Illinois Institute of Technology is best known for career placement and research.

I would tell myself to focus on my grades, take less hours at work, and apply for more scholarships. I tell myself about the importance of eductaion and show myself why it is essential to a positive future to take pridein and ownership of my grades and eductaion.

Illinois Institute of Technology administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.