Chicago, IL
Illinois Institute of Technology

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Illinois Institute of Technology

Dakota

I would truly tell myself to enjoy the days of freedom and exuberance to their fullest extent. Life isn't black and white, it's in shades of grey. Go out and make friends. Allocate two hours a day to studying at the same time everyday so you don't slack off. You're the one paying to learn, so go and do it. Exercise a lot too, you don't want to gain weight and feel tired all the time. Try to make lasting connections with your peers. You don't want to be a shut-in so go out and make friends and do stuff.

Kyle

I would tell myself to be more open to people and social events, and to stay away from the Common's food! I would also specifically mention to spend more time at the fraternity houses.

IPRO programs. Most aren't very interesting, but they are a powerful way to get into your field.

Ramzi

In the past, It was well known for innovation and Engineering/Scientific Progress. Many technological things today would not be possible without the progress students at this school made. Today, research is just as important, but we are making small steps in many different directions now that technology is rapidly expanding. The Interprofessional Projects give students the hands on experience they need to work with diverse groups in the future.

The most important thing to remember is balance. College these days is not just class and school work. College is a mixture of academics, extracurriculars, community service, internships and professional development. If I knew that when I was a senior, I would have better adjusted to all the facets of life as a college student. It is very important to be involved in college, be it Greek Life or Student Government, Internships or Sports. As a freshmen, I could have better balanced myself. Now in my third year, I have experienced the positives and negatives to being unbalanced. It may be fun to only be involved socially, but your school work suffers. On the other hand, you may succeed in school if you only focus on academics, but the professional word is looking for more than grades. Get involved right away but don't spread yourself too thin. It is important to do things that you enjoy but balance that with things that need to get done.

Many students prefer to isolate themselves. It is very difficult to bring people out of their shells. This fact is best obverved on weekends. Instead of a social and bustling campus, the campus is very quiet except for the greek community. Actually, without the greek community, the campus would be completely dead, always. The Greeks are very involved and are in many leadership roles in every major organization on campus.

Marvin

My classmates are extremly helpful, informative, team-oriented, dedicated to their success as well as others within the class, positive influences, role models, extremly diverse, very friendly, kind and caring individuals.

Illinois Institute of Technology is unique because it holds a prestigous title within the academic society as well as the professional society. IIT has a long list of well-known successful alumni that accredit their personal success to their academic success from this institution. IIT's success stories are motivational and inspiring, and this attracts some of the worlds greatest minds in a collaboration of academic success.

Knowing what I know now about college life, I would advise myself to take advantage of every academic opportunity that was available to me in high school. I would advise myself to take as many Advanced Placement classes possible. Advanced Placement classes prepare high school students for college courses and curriculum. I would advise myself to take advantage of every community service organization within my high school in order to instill a sense of dedication that would only grow and blossom after my transition to college. I would advise myself to build a vast network of classmates, professors, faculty, staff, and friends, which will also be extremely helpful during/after my transition to college. I would advise myself to research in detail, every college I considered attending. I would most definitely advise myself to research and pursue every scholarship and financial opportunity available in order to defer as much college tuition as possible. Finally yet importantly, I would advise my younger self to relax and mentally prepare for a lifetime of memories while in pursuit of academic success. "Marvin, stay focused, set your goals, and achieve them, and have a enjoyable and memorable experience along the way."

Bassil

My classmates are quiet yet vocal in class, perceptive yet respectful, involved in their groups yet focused in their academics, and above all, intelligent yet diligent.

If I could speak with the "high school" Bassil, I would tell him this: "Universal truth is scarcer than you think. Those economic models and theories look sexy, and seemingly make intuitive sense, but they discount the intensity of natural chaos and randomness that you will inevitably witness. If you wish to study economics, realize that you may never stumble upon an economic theory that works consistently. Most of your class instructors have taught 'intuitive' lessons and principles; not much of your academic career has been spent with long, disappointing, grinding, or confusing sets of empirical data. As you grow and study economics, you might be very disappointed to find out that the 'money supply model' seldomly produce reliable results. In fact, you may be disappointed to learn that accurate models rarely come by. If 'truth' interests you, the following areas of academic focus will add valuable insight: logic, mathematics, physics (usually), or philosophy. These areas of study will help you embrace and benefit from all the chaos nature provides, rather than to study HOW to eliminate randomness from your world, a very laugable task. You will be much less disappointed in school, and much more accomplished in your field.

The ideal IIT student does not let ideals run his or her perspective of how the world actually works. Those who benefit greatly from the IIT curriculum happen to be students who understand the world's imperfections, and work actively to use math, science, technology, and other subjects to really solve problems that the world faces. I would choose an IIT student over a liberal arts student any day, because the perfect IIT student not only provides smart solutions, but practical and viable ones.

Casey

IIT is best known for its professors. Professors at IIT are not your usual professors in the sense that they actually care about each individual student, even in a bigger class of 60 students. They are dedicated to your education and really know what they teach.

The most important thing to remember as a high school senior is that even if you can see the light at the end of the tunnel, it is super important to stick it through, working as hard as you can the entire year. The final leg of high school will be where you get your scholarships, colleges make the final decision on wether your accepted or not, and it gets you your final credits to make sure you graduate from high school on time. Understand that even though you still have those 4 more years of school to finish, they are much more enjoyable as the classes are focused on what YOU find fun, and you really get to enjoy them. At college you make new friends, find new things to do, join clubs that are fun, and run your life the way you want to run it. The freedom you get in college gives you enough of the taste of the real world but at the same time, still shelters you enough to learn how to deal with the freedom.

There is a distinct lack of entertainment around campus. The area around campus does not wield much to do without going into downtown Chicago, and then everything within downtown costs money to do. The campus is very small so unless your in a fraternity there is also not much going on around campus itself. Once friends are made on your dorm floor, people hang out a lot to fill in the time.

Cecilia

Where modern meets scholars for the brighter and better future.

Where modern meets scholars for the brighter and better future.

Past self, even though you are free and away from your parents while attending school, you must not abuse that freedom and become more responsible for your actions, because they can greatly impact you later on during your university years as well as after you graduate.

The best thing about this institution it offers a wide range of information that is easily accessible anywhere on and off campus for students to use for their academics as well as their time while attending the school, because as a student, we always want to know things and we want to know things without having to go through too much trouble, so having resources easily accessible is great.

John

Study hard, often and a week before a test. Take good notes, and attend everyclass. Establish a routine that is healthly and works for you.

The area, it can be unsafe to travel outside of campus late at night.

Deion

If I could go back in time, I would advise myself to take every opportunity I have regardless of how I feel about the opportunity. Try as hard as possible to finish many scholarships and make contacts with people who are doing their absolute best to help. I would continue by explaing to myself to be very proactive and to not expect things to come to me. Go after what you want to get and do not give up regarless of how impossible it may seem. You must have confidence and continue to strive to have the best success. I would advise to find what your are good at and demonstrate your prowess to many others that want to see what exactly you bring that can help improve the lives of others.

I consider the student life the worst thing about IIT. This is because there are not always fun social things to do and many people have a lot of work that must be completed. There are several events that happen and sometimes many people do not show up and it can be very disappointing. That is the worst thing about IIT.

IIT is a very academic driven college. The student life on college does not match that of other colleges. If your are looking for a very social college with more events then you can imagine, then this is not the college for you. A student who wishes to see and play many different sports should not attend this school. Those students who wish to pursue a degree in that arts or a degree in an english subject also should not attend IIT.

Illinois Institute of Technology administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.