Illinois Institute of Technology

« See more reviews of Illinois Institute of Technology

The location. While I love Chicago, there is a high crime rate, especially on the South Side reletavily close to IIT. I have heard stories from both my siblings and cousins about friends being mugged/assaulted just blocks from campus. I understand there is risk in any populated area, especially larger cities, but the pros of being in Chicago far outweigh the risks.

I would say that the worst thing about this school is that it can be expensive. This is a private school and they offer a lot of great financial aid but it is still more expensive than in state public schools. The school has great computer labs and equipment for students to use so its good to see that the money is going towards the students.

The social life at Illinois Institute of Technology is not the best compared to other colleges. Many students are busy studying for their degrees and as a result, the community is not really outgoing. The food at our school is also not the best as many students including myself have complained many times of the quality of service.

I consider the student life the worst thing about IIT. This is because there are not always fun social things to do and many people have a lot of work that must be completed. There are several events that happen and sometimes many people do not show up and it can be very disappointing. That is the worst thing about IIT.

I don't like where the campus is placed. I feel that it is sometimes a dangerous place to be at in the city, especially in the night. I would love to be able to explore around the campus as well as the city; however, exploring a block too far in the wrong direction will put you in a bad neighborhood.

The fact that there is no social activities and that everything on campus is dead. Furthermore it is a commuter school therefore numerous students commute to campus and the rest of the students tend to keep to themselves. The school does not sponsor enough student events.

The community that sourrounds it. IIT is a great school with great teachers and classrooms. It however is sourrounded by low income housing and because of that we have a tougher crowd that sourrounds campus making it a dangerous place at night.

The dollars and cents aspect of the school - tuition, books, lab fees, housing , meal plans that lack flexibility. The school is actually in the city of Chicago with great public transportation anywhere - but this is a very expensive city .

The social life at my school is very minescule. The amount of events and typical college fun is virtually non existent. Most of the student body would rather stay inside playing video games than going out to spend time with new people.

The only really bad thing about this school for me is the cost. I have to take out a lot of loans and stilll struggle to meet the ends taking on a heavy class load trying to graduate as soon as possible.