Illinois Institute of Technology

« See more reviews of Illinois Institute of Technology

One unique thing about campus is the disc-golf course that runs through it. It is the only disc-golf course in Chicago, so it is not unheard of for people in the community to come to campus just for that. There have even been some celebrity spottings on the campus discing! Another unique thing is the architecture and the layout. At IIT we have a lot of open green space which is unusual for a campus in the city. Most of our buildings were designed by the famous architect Mies van der Rohe. But there is also SSV (a dorm) and the MTCC (our student center) which are very unique and interesting architecturally.

The best thing about the Illinois Institute of Technology is the amout of opportunity found on such a small campus with a small student body. Although this is not a large university, there are always activities to engage students in the community, especially giving attention to the diversity of the population. I appreciate that students are able to create and host events that bring together different cultures, and some activities serve as an educational event to all that attend. I enjoy that culturally based organizations are willing to share their customs and views with others.

The best thing about Illinois Institute of Technology is the history behind every single building. Mies Van der Rohe was a famous German architect who designed almost every building on campus. They were all very unique designs and when you walk inside of any building you feel like you are a part of history. The building range from very big and open like crown hall (architecture building) to smaller and compact like the life sciences building. Overall the history behind IIT is the best part of the school and every day being a part of the history is simply amazing.

There are many oppprotunities for extra help, whether it involves your classes, life, or anything you can think off. IIT offers a lot of support for their students, making a large school seems like a huge supportive family. Going to college is a scary thing, especially when there's at least 8,000 other students going with you. Making friends or finding help can be hard, but the atmosphere from the administration and even the other students makes new comers feel more welcome than they are in their own homes. This makes school more fun, safe, and easier.

The best thing about Illinois Institute of Technology is that it is prestigeous in architecture field. In early 20th century, one of the greatest architect named Mies van der Rohe came to IIT and founded architecture curriculum for students. It was important moment because since then, american building styles were influenced by his works. IIT students learn not only in his style but also creates new styles for future buildings. We are smart, artistic and devoting ourselves to great acheivement in architectural field and I am so proud of it.

The best thing about my school is its size. There are only a few thousand undergraduate students attending the school so the class sizes are extremely small. the largest class I have taken (which is the laregest on campus) was just under 100 people. This means that the professor and the TAs are able to spend a lot more time with each individual student then at another univesity where the average class size is something like 200 people. Our professors actually notice when someone is not in class and can then do something about it.

The best thing about IIT is the strong passion for engineering and related study fields on compass. The architecture of the compass and the engineering it took to build most off the buildings is spectacular. The engineering on the tube to reduce noise levels in the bog is a good example and the architecture of the bog itself is another. Mies van der Rohe designed a lot of the buildings and boasted our campus to world recognition for being an architectural wonder. The school takes pride in how it presents itself and it's history.

I really enjoy the location that our school is in. It is located in the south side of Chicago where you can see a nice skyline. The campus has two subway lines that run to it, which is nice when one line has delays or problems. There are transit buses that run through campus and there are multiple ways of driving to campus. This gives the campus a convenient access to commuters of all types. With the exception of the shuttle buses, it is very easy to always have a way to get to school.

The thing I consider best about my school is the ability to be involved in research as an undergraduate. As long as you show interest and prove to the professor that you are a diligent worker and a competent student, there is a good opportunity of landing a position as an undergraduate researcher in his or her lab. This allows an undergraduate to gain experience in the field, as well as learning novel and innovating techniques in the professor's area of expertise.

The best thing about my university are the professors because they are very helpful. It's odd to say because you would think it's a given that teachers are helping you learn, but I've been to other universities with instructors that aren't very helpful. As much as I respected many, the professors at IIT are very concentrated in their field and they help students develop skills in a way that leaves more for analyzation rather than the literal.