Normal, IL
Illinois State University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Illinois State University

Kara

Some students are very devoted and others slack, sleep and skip.; GPA matters so be wise with your choices.

Apply to any and all schools you are interested in. Let no limit hold you back, all temperatures and places should be considered. You would be surprised the outcome you get. Then the hard part comes; choosing. Do not rush this decision, but do not fret; whatever your choice friends will follow. Do not forget to join clubs and talk to people in class and above all be yourself. Being true to yourself means that lasting friendships are inevitable. Then the hard part is telling them you have to study.

The diverstivy of students at this school is sparse. Joining diverse groups opens you up to meeting all types of people.

Kyle

This University makes a lot of promises that it does not keep.

This University makes a lot of promises that it does not keep.

This is a school for prospective educators and it shows.

Take risks, work hard on school work, and follow your dreams.

Erin

For the most part my classmates are dedicated to obtaining the best education they can.

It is essential to visit many different colleges and campuses to determine whether the student envisions themselves to finish all four years and graduate. The power of the environment plays an imperative role to catering to the unique traits of every individual. No two people are alike, so the necessity of finding the college to suit the needs of a young adult is key. Many things have changed since parents have attended school, so the students should seek advice from those close to their age. They should ask questions concerning the programs/majors available at schools, campus social life, where the best place to live is and extra curricular activites offered at the school. It is crucial for students to manifest an open mind as going away to school is a huge transition and wil also be the greatest asset in their future. College is a time to discover who you are , who you want to be, and the process and path it takes to get there to find happiness and self-fufillment. College is by far the best decision I have made and attending college is i the best advice I can offer.

I tell my friends that I am lucky to have taken many interesting classes with great professors thus far.

Heather

The best advice I could give would be to visit each of the colleges that the student is interested in. The college should also be strong in the sense of learning and education and a college shouldn't be chosen on the wrong reasons like partying. The college student should get involved with whatever interests them and try to meet as many people as possible a long the way. Friends made at college are friends for life. I would also tell the student to always keep up in their studies and to never give up. Education is a way to a better future and a better life.

For Elementary Education majors there is a big work load. Doing homework takes a lot of time every day.

A person who is determined to succeed in school and is willing to learn outside the box.

Britany

I like most of my classmates. I would describe them as very diverse.

I like most of my classmates. I would describe them as very diverse.

Look at first financial situation. Next look at degrees offered and job placement. Then find a campus that you like the campus or extra activities at. I would say to go somewhere not too far from home. You will be syrprised how home sick you can become! Good Luck!!

I live out of tyown and the parking can be very frustrating

steve

Illinois State University is a school that is just the right size for me.

Illinois State University is a school that is just the right size for me.

Classmates are of all races.

You must select a college based on how you feel when visiting the school. Don't select a school just because it has high academic standards. If you are not happy at the school, or it does not have activities that you love to participate in, your will never reach those high academic standards. The college has to have a balance of classes and activities that will help you to feel at home and thus, will enhance your ability and your desire to succeed. Wherever you are, you will be able to succeed in life based on your desire, and desire will come from the nurturing and welcoming feeling from selecting the right college for you.

great, everyone is individuals and everyone is excepting of others

great, everyone is individuals and everyone is excepting of others

go the school that you feel will better you as a person, don't pick a school based on just the social life or just academics. there is much more learning about life outside of the classroom and you have to find the place that is right for you to do that learning!

people intereasted in education, and someone who likes to be involved in their education.

Jeremy

Concetrated on individual students learning, by creating small clas rooms.

Concetrated on individual students learning, by creating small clas rooms.

You should dig deep into what they have to offer for a major to make sure what the school offer best fits your needs.

very small, I like that because I can interact with the professor more often

Alexandra

Illinois State University is a great school for education majors and it has a "warm and fluffy" atmosphere that fits my personality exactly.

The advice that I would give parents and/or students about finding the right college and making the most of the college experience would actually be advice that my band director gave to me when I was college searching. Make sure you only have one "reach school" and then apply to many schools that you are capable of getting into. The right school has a way of choosing you and even if you think you do not want to go there, give it a chance. I did not want to go to my school, which is in the middle of nowhere, because I wanted to be in the city but I ended up loving my school. Fate has a way of pairing students up with the school they are supposed to go to. So, do not stress if you do not get into your dream school because if you did not get in then that school should not be your dream anyway. Also, do not forget to join everything and get involved right away to make tons of friends and do not be shy. This is the time to try new things and be a whole new person.

The most frustrating thing about my school is they changed the meal plan this year and most of the students dislike it a lot. The meal plan is now swipe your id when you enter the dining center and you can eat as much food as you want and I do not like that because I do not want to eat all the food I can, especially when it is not good food. I wish we had the old meal plan back.

Illinois State University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.