Normal, IL
Illinois State University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Illinois State University

Additional Loan Options

O'nea

Illinois State University is a great school with diversity and many activities available around to get you involved, all the staff find ways to help students make new friends and get involved. They try their best to not make students feel left out and their food places have good quality food. They have many different majors to choose from and each major has an academic advisor available to answer any questions you have about the field.

Jackelyn

Illinois State University is a really great school to be at as a freshman. The provide a lot of resources for students and help them succeed and graduate. There are various activities to do on campus, as well as a lot of opportunities to grow as an individual. I find myself on a safe campus and I am very comfortable where ever I decide to go. The campus is small enough where I can walk to every class without the need of transportation.

alanie

I really like it here, when a first decided to come here i did so because not only was it close to home and affordable, but i walked on campus and it really felt like home to me. I knew it was somewhere i could enjoy myself for the next 4 years, there is so many opportunities on campus to get involved which was important to me as well

Meara

This upcoming Fall is going to be my first semester at ISU and I'm so excited. Although I haven't technically taken a class there yet, I look forward to becoming a student a little more every time I visit the campus. For example, I am not much of a math person, but the advisors work with you and make sure that your time at Illinois State is an enjoyable one and that you succeed in each class you enroll in. Also, everything is quite organized and the rules that are set are always in action, which makes me feel safer. I would recommend ISU to anyone who loves to have fun and excel in their courses.

I really like this school

I really like this school

Jenna
J's Review

J's Review

At first I wasn't sure if I liked ISU but then I found some amazing RSO's and groups that I am apart of now and have made some great friends.

Small town school, with lots to do

Small town school, with lots to do

Most of the students are from Illinois. It's a small town school, but there is a ton of outside the classroom things to do (and a lot of it is free). The school has a castle and school for circus performers (seriously!). Normal is the trapeze capital of the world! There's always an event in uptown on weekends. Classes are good. Run of the mill state school level.

Vicky

If I could talk to my senior self, I would emphasize the importance of applying for scholarships. Even though jobs are said to be available on-campus, it can be very difficult to obtain one. This is for the same reason that all of the other students need money too! Whenever you see an opportunity presented to you (such as a scholarship) go for it! There is no reason why you should not give yourself the chance to apply for it. Of course, you may be lazy to write the essay for it but trust me, your future college-self will thank you later. If you apply to scholarships at the beginning of your senior year, you just might not have to be worrying about money while you are in college. Think about all of that time and energy that you will save by not working while you're in college, and how you will then be able to use it all towards your academic performance!

Students who are not willing to go out of their comfort zone in order to meet new people should not attend this school. It can be very difficult to meet people, and much more difficult to make friends if you do not become involved in a student organization.

What I brag about the most about my school is that the professors really do care about me. They are very encouraging in regards to directing us towards our goals and how certain opportunities can make us the ultimate candidates. Professors here remember your name and will go out of their way to meet with you if you ever need help with anything!

Erin

My college classmates were fun, energetic, career driven, social, and generous people that I loved surrounding myself around.

Things I would tell myself: Take a deep breathe and stop worrying so much. Don't be too hard on yourself. Grades are important, but embracing the college experience is even more important. Get to know your professors very well. In the end, those people can be some of the strongest networking tools you can have. Immerse yourself into campus community; join clubs, and a lot of them. This will only make your college experience that much better. Make mistakes!! This is the first time away from your parents. Skip class, change your major 7 times, sleep all day...This is the best time to figure out who you are as a person and what you are interested in. Don't be shy. Put yourself out there. Introduce yourself to anyone and everyone. This will only help you once you get out of college and into the real world. If I could tell myself one very important thing I would say, "you don't get these moments very often, so stop and enjoy them!" Most importantly, have fun!

The best thing about my school was having the option to join a sorority. This allowed me to create friendships that I will have for the rest of my life. It also offered many opportunities for volunteering in which I was able to get involved within my community. I know who I am today is shaped by being in my sorority. It helped me become an adult and handle responsibility as well as understand the importance of giving back.

Illinois State University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.