Illinois State University

« See more reviews of Illinois State University

Illinois State University is best known for its legacy of teaching students to become teachers. ISU originated as a normal school (an institution that trains teachers) and it now continues to uphold its history by ranking among the top ten teaching schools in the nation. The school's motto is even "gladly we learn and teach", further proving the school's concrete dedication to making certain that our future will include enough qualified and motivated teachers to educate the coming generations. The school's devotion to creating teachers seems very relevant and hopeful in the world today!

Originally a teaching school ISU continues to draw a large number of students who wish to be teachers. Although, ISU is becoming known for its Business programs as well. Illinois State has a great marketing program, including a recently renovated College of Business building. Most of the business teachers at Illinois State have an incredible background in their field. Another great characteristic of Illinois State is that every student can walk across campus in less than ten minutes and that includes your elevator ride... from the 15th floor.

Our college is known best for its business college and teaching program. The college of business just built a new building and is moving up in the ranks. Teaching here is the biggest field. We have one of the best teaching programs in the nation. Also the physical education department is in the top of the country. Many employeers look for PE teachers from Illinois State. Like I said earlier, it is also known for its friendly environment. Going to ISU is like being part of one big family.

Illinois State University is known for their education program. Because they are the first college founded for teachers, they have held that title and lived up to it. There are thousands of students in the Elementary Education Program. Illinois State also offers not only elementary education, but also special education and middle leave education. There are less than 500 people in the Midde Level Teacher Education Program, but this program is growing every year.

ISU is best known for their wonderful college of teaching. It started as a teaching school only in the 1800's and has grown since then. It is well known for the amazing teachers that have recieved that degrees here. As ISU has grown, it is beginning to be recognized for a good business school as well as a really good nursing school. As it continues to grow, I think each college inside ISU will expand and be recognized for each of its accomplishments.

Illinois State University's ranking in the 2013 edition of Best Colleges is National Universities, 156. Its in-state tuition and fees are $12,726 (2012-13); out-of-state tuition and fees are $20,016 (2012-13). The student-faculty ratio at Illinois State University is 19:1, and the school has 31.7 percent of its classes with fewer than 20 students. The average freshman retention rate, an indicator of student satisfaction, is 84.5 percent.

Illinois State University is probably best known as a school for teachers. I understand they have an excellent teaching program. However, the College of Fine Arts at ISU is also very well known. Many students who graduate from ISU's College of Fine Arts are well respected in Chicago when auditioning or looking for jobs, and are expected to do a wonderful job due to the education they recieved at ISU.

My school is a stereo-typical 'drinking/partying' school but there is so much more going on than just this. There are many activities on campus to get involved in, such as sports, clubs, and church involvement. As a whole, students who go to Illinois State University really put a lot of effort into their education and future investment. It's a great place to go to college and I really enjoy it!

Illinois State is best known for it's theater program. Theater at Illinois State is a big deal and a lot of the students from any group comes to see a few of the performances that are bwing put on. Like a lot of colleges, sports are a big thing and just like going to a play or musical you have to go to sports game, they are really a big deal. We have a great nursing and education program.

Illinois State University is known for its great Education program, especially there Special Education program. It also has a very good nursing program and a great program for those who want to get their master in business. It is known for being a campus where students can have a good time and where professors strive to give their students' the best education possible.