Illinois State University

« See more reviews of Illinois State University

Illinois State could not have given me a better experience, academically and socially! I became a functioning adult, confident in handling money and professional situations. I made friendships that will no doubt last the rest of my lifetime, as we still see each other frequently post-graduation. We had so many bonding experiences that wouldn't be paralleled at other schools. I also learned more about my academic field than anticipated, which fuels my excitement for a future career! For four years, I received nothing but great advising, intellectual and wise guidance from professors, and open arms from the community.

Illinois State University is a well known institution for perspective educators. The type of person that should attend this university should be open to sustainable resources and active participation in student leadership. There are also the kind of people that join greek life and become very successful here at Illinois State university. Here at this institution we also have a very strong Criminal Law and Justice and nursing programs. This campus was made for any type of personality from conservative to liberal to extremists. ISU is always looking for great leaders no matter their personality.

If a student wants to accelarate their learning and achieve career goals he/she should attend ISU. This school has one of the largest major programs for a undergrad degree. Unlike large schools, teachers at ISU are always readily available to discuss questions with students. In addition, counseling is readily available. In short , a student at various colleges/ universities can spend four years easily running arround trying to complete a degree while racking up debt and still not finish. At ISU the counselors want the students to finish on time. Finally, ISU is less than 30 thousand per year.

Quite literally, anyone and everyone with an interest in a four-year university should consider Illinois State as a choice. In my experiences here thus far, I have met people from all across the country. I have made friends with "preps," "jocks," "nerds," and almost any other stereotype or label a person may or may not fit into. At social gatherings you can find people from all different backgrounds and ethnicities interacting and enjoying one another's company. I have not been told by anyone that I have met so far that they feel as if they do not belong.

Illinois State University is a place for student who are excited to jump into learning. The professors do a terrific job of teaching the material. Illinois State is a good option for students who like to meet people. There are many organizations and activties to participate in, which aid in meeting many new people. Although the school is home to about 20,000 students, one would never be able to tell because of the centralized and accessible campus, as well as the number of events that help make ISU seem like a school half its actual size.

Anyone can attend this school as long as Illinois State offers their major. Since I'm only familiar with the Family and Consumer Science Department I can't offer a lot of advice. But, be prepared to work out and ready to hunt for a job since ISU has little to no job placement programs. Also, be prepared to pay. Tuition costs only cover classes. Using recreation facilities, going to sporting events, and participating in other activities that promote a close school community and school spirit will cost extra and sometimes a lot extra.

ISU is the perfect school for someone who is looking for a bigger university with a small community feel. Unlike other universities ISU is unique in that it is a university that offers a wide variety of education programs and opportunities, but still makes the diverse student population feel involved. ISU is the perfect school for someone who wants to receieve a higher education and is looking for a campus where they can get involved and feel like part of a community.

Students who enjoy social opportunities, as well as obtaining in equal balance of play and work should attend Illinois State University. I am the only student from my high school who decided to attend ISU, and I am so happy with my decision! I have met so many new people, and have had many exciting opportunities I wouldn’t have had anywhere else! Illinois State University is a large school, with a small-town feel. Everyone has a place at ISU.

The person who should attend this school should be a person who is ready to open thier mind to other worlds and cultures and be ready to learn and have fun while doing so. It's not about being an outgoing person, or being a super friendly person. It's about being a person who is ready to accept change into their life to become a more mature, free-thinking person while making life-long friends and getting knowledge for a career.

If a student wants to attend Illinois State University, they should be willing to work really hard because it is a challenge. I've heard my friends talking about how easy it is at their own schools. I don't know if that's really a good thing, because they may not be learning as much as they should be in college. Unless they are used to this environment then they will also have to be willing to adjust like I did.