Illinois State University Top Questions

Vicky

If I could talk to my senior self, I would emphasize the importance of applying for scholarships. Even though jobs are said to be available on-campus, it can be very difficult to obtain one. This is for the same reason that all of the other students need money too! Whenever you see an opportunity presented to you (such as a scholarship) go for it! There is no reason why you should not give yourself the chance to apply for it. Of course, you may be lazy to write the essay for it but trust me, your future college-self will thank you later. If you apply to scholarships at the beginning of your senior year, you just might not have to be worrying about money while you are in college. Think about all of that time and energy that you will save by not working while you're in college, and how you will then be able to use it all towards your academic performance!

Kristen

Life Goes On.

Erin

Things I would tell myself: Take a deep breathe and stop worrying so much. Don't be too hard on yourself. Grades are important, but embracing the college experience is even more important. Get to know your professors very well. In the end, those people can be some of the strongest networking tools you can have. Immerse yourself into campus community; join clubs, and a lot of them. This will only make your college experience that much better. Make mistakes!! This is the first time away from your parents. Skip class, change your major 7 times, sleep all day...This is the best time to figure out who you are as a person and what you are interested in. Don't be shy. Put yourself out there. Introduce yourself to anyone and everyone. This will only help you once you get out of college and into the real world. If I could tell myself one very important thing I would say, "you don't get these moments very often, so stop and enjoy them!" Most importantly, have fun!

Maggie

Be all in. Join every club that interests you, but only stick with the ones you love. Say hello to strangers, they might be your best friends tomorrow. Smile even when you don't feel like it, because one day you'll realize these really were the best years of your life. Talk to your professors. They're a well of practical knowledge that you can't get from textbooks. Follow your instincts. You don't have to know what you want to do with your life, just start with what you want to learn. Don't be afraid to change your major. Figure out what and who you believe in. It's important. Be with people who push you to be better and do better. If your dreams don't scare you, dream bigger. Don't be content with living a good life. Prepare yourself to live a great one.

Madeline

Trust your gut. High School Senior Madeline questioned everything. She questioned what others thought of her. She questioned whether or not she was making the right decisions, and she questioned what she wanted for herself. However, in retrospect I knew that this old version of Madeline knew what she wanted. I was once so consumed with making the "perfect" choices that I ignored the only thing that could guide me in making all my decisions: my gut. Having completed a semester in college, I've learned that I know what I want, and when faced with tough choices, I learned to take a breath, think about what I wanted out of my college experience, and realized I knew exactly what to choose. Whether the choices affected my relationships, academics, or my extracurriculars didn't matter. College is a time to figure out who I am. In keeping with that, I have to trust that my gut feeling will guide me in the way I'm supposed to go, allow me to learn from my mistakes, and enjoy what the next four years have to offer me.

Luke

Life is about to get weird. People are gonna be a lot different than you, and are going to be in your face about it on occassion. You don't have to give in to peer pressure, but don't be afraid to have a good time. Make sure to call Mom and Nana every two weeks or so. Make sure to get a job on campus, because you'll need all the help you can get. College is a sink or swim environment, where the people high up don't care if you sink; as long as they get their monthly pound of flesh, they'll "support" you. But hey, Nolite te bastardes carborundorum.

Emilia

Work harder. Get a better GPA. Study constantly till you get that A. The ACT is no joke, study for it and try your hardest. Make wise choices and your education in high school really does determine your life so act like your straight A's is all that matters.

Peyton

If I were to go back in time to give high school me advice, I would tell myself to do what I love to do. I have recently been looking back and realizing that I was wasting a lot of my time taking class in school that did not interest me. I wish I could have taken other classes that were more appealing to me rather than taking what my family and friends recommended for me to take. Looking back on high school, I really did prepare myself for college by knowing what I am interested in. Throughout high school I completed every business course my school had to offer. After taking those courses I realized that I loved the business industry and want to work in some aspect of it after college.

Stephen

I would tell myself that all great things take time. The person that I am now in highschool, is not the person I will be when I am older. I was not happy with myself when i was in highschool. I was unmotivated and didn't have a plan for my future. I would tell myself that before I worry about my future, I should work on myself. I should become a better person and persue my interest. Anything worth having is worth working for. Good things will come my way but not all at once.

Cedric

The only advice I would try to give myself is to not worry about anything, that I am still young and have time to find myself and who I want to be.

Abaigeal

If I could give my senior-self advice from the perspective I now currently have, there are quite a few things I would tell myself, however one piece of advice holds most important. I would tell my senior-self that sticking to your values and remaining true to yourself is more than possible and more than worth it. When I was a senior, I was worried that I wouldn't be able to find anyone who shared my faith-based morals, such as remaining abstinent and avoiding the party scene. I was convinced I would be alone in my stand against the popular culture, but I was pleasantly surprised to discover that not every college student's focus is drinking and partying. I am involved with a campus church called Encounter at ISU and have surrounded myself with other people just like me. On the weekends, instead of feeling the pressure to party, I enjoy just watching movies and spending quality time with my friends from Encounter. Because I have surrounded myself with these wonderful individuals, remaining true to myself is easier than ever, and I couldn't be more happy with my college experience.

Kendra

There is time for work and there is time for play you need to understand the difference. Study hard so that when it is time to play you can enjoy it. Do not be afraid to try new things or meet new people. The sky is the limit. The only thing ever holding you back is yourself. If people don't chase you when you walk away keep walking.

Quiance

Some good advice I would give myself as a high school senior would be to become more disciplined. As a senior in high school I admit that I slacked off becuase I felt I was in great standing as a student preparing to graduate in the top 10{4a082faed443b016e84c6ea63012b481c58f64867aa2dc62fff66e22ad7dff6c} of my class. I would return to tell myself that the top 10{4a082faed443b016e84c6ea63012b481c58f64867aa2dc62fff66e22ad7dff6c} of my school is only a very small sampling in comparison to a university, and that I will need to work extremely hard to keep up with the top in a very large university. More avid advice would be to do more research on colleges and become well aquainted with the new responsibilities being bestowed upon me. One of the hardest things to grasp, that is not taught in high school, is the proccess of applying for and receiving financial student aid. The last bit of information I would provide is to follow your dream and do not attempt to please your parents by choosing a major that could possibly net a high salary. This is probably the most important because no matter what, your destiny will always keep you around your purpose.

christina

If I had the chance to go back in time to talk to my highschool self, I would say to not worry so much. The small problems you face in high school with friends, family, or even school work will not matter in a year. The only thing you should focus on is getting the grades you need to succeed and maintaining a positive attitiude towards everything that comes your way. I would tell myself that it may be frightening to leave your life behind and start over once you're in college, but it will be the best thing to ever happen to you. You should also make smart decisions at all times. Anything you do will affect your future in some way. College is not something to fear, it's an oppurtunity to find yourself and make something of your life. Find something you love and pursue it and do not let anyone or anything get in the way of it.

Kelly

If I could go back and tell my high school senior self about college life is that it is not as hard as high school teacheres make it seem. You know how to manage your time, you will do fine. Do not forget to spread your studying out because filling one night with studying is not going to help you.

Breana

If I could go back and give my high school senior self advice about college, I would tell myself things to make the transition easier and more fun. The first thing I would tell myself would be to take one or two general education classes at a local community college during the summer before college to get ahead and possibly graduate early. As of now, I am set to graduate on time in four years in May 2016. For me, the transition into college life wasn't too difficult mostly because I was in marching band and I had no choice but to meet new people. There are a few other things that I would tell myself to do differently going into my freshman year of college: Don't be afraid to meet new people. Almost everyone is away from home and in the same boat of transitioning. On the topic of new people, if you have a roommate talk to them. Ask them to get lunch or dinner with you. Also, don't worry about being away from home for long periods of time, just stay busy with your school work and other school functions.

Lynnette

Lynnette. Do not get married at the age of 18, you are so young. You have college and travel and partying, and so many other things to do. Lynnette, don't have a baby at 18 1/2, children will keep you so busy it will steal away your own youth. Once you have a baby your childhood ends as a new person's childhood begins. Why did you start college and not go back? Don't have another baby, your only 20. And look at your life, your working as a waitress to make ends meet and getting help from the govement for food stamps and health insurance. Lynnette you finally seem to have your marriage and your finances togather about the age of 25, you bought your first house, your husband has a good job. Why are you not back in school, why did you have a 3rd child? At 26 your husband becomes permanatly and totally disabled from a car accident. Here you are. No college education, no way to pay the bills, the husband can't physically do it. You have 3 little kids counting on you. Get back to school. Lynnette finished AA '05.

Brianna

"Save your money and get a job during school!" My mom and dad are working hard to get me through college, but they are struggeling. I know they are making sacrafices for me, but they are having a hard time helping me. I need to get $3,000 to pay for my tuition in order to attend the college I love. I would tell my senior self that Illinois State University is the right college for me, I am just going to have to work hard in order to attend. I would tell myself I need to get a job during school and apply for scholarsjips every day so my mother does not lose her hair over stressing about me. I love my parents and I am so lucky that they are helping me with my education, but now it's my turn to help them.

John

To keep calm and save alot more money beforehand because it does not come cheap. Also apply for scholorships

If I could go back in time and talk to my high school self, I would be sure to tell her to value her time with her friends everyday and not to stress out as much. I would tell her to go into freshman year as a blank slate; no expectations of how life will be there because she will undoubtedly be wrong. My main piece of advice would be to take chances. I would remind her that, although she is there most importantly for an education, without taking chances and being herself, she won't get the full experience. Risks, chances, and exploration; that's what college is really about.

I would like to tell myself that it is not that important to go to the same school as your friends. I know that i have been with them since kindergarden but that doesn't mean that we have to go to the same school. You make so many new friends in college and you shouldn't be worried about making new friends. I would alos like to tell my self that it is important to take my school work seriously. I wouldn't take blow-off, easy classes senior year because that makes the transition to college that much harder.

Kimberly

In high school, I viewed college as an impossible dream I could never achieve. I felt it was not in my future because I struggled with anxiety and my parents had never gotten degrees. If I could talk to myself or others from similar backgrounds, I would say the following: "Reject the notion that your background makes you less capable than others. See college as an investment into a life you could only dream of having without a degree. Trust me, it will make the cost less terrifying. Get involved, because extracurriculars and volunteering will lead you to your purpose in life and will pave the way for you to fight for your dreams. Never be ashamed to discuss where you come from, because those conversations will open the door to endless possibilities and life-changing relationships. Do something out of your comfort zone each week, because these experiences will change who you are and challenge you to grow as a person. Volunteer for leadership positions, because they will prepare you to change what you dislike about the world. Above all else, never give up, because every hardship is worth it when you walk across that stage on graduation day."

Katie

If only I could go back and help my high-school self plan for college. I would tell myself that college would not fix everything, let alone did I know the stress of paying for it would send me back home after a semester after not being able to afford a 4-year instituion any longer. All the problems fell in the right place so that I wasn't able to get a loan because no one could co-sign, and I didn't qualify for enough financial aid. In the end I had to leave my new college friends and nice professors to go to a community college. If I could go back, I would save myself the heartache and attended a community college from the beginning. It doesn't matter if that's not the "popular" thing to do! That is the most logical thing to do. If I had, I would be in a lot better place! College is a place to get an education, and today the best option is to choose the most affordable one.

Chris

If I were able to, one thing that I would definitely tell myself is to get a job in the summer. I knew college was expensive and all, but I had no clue how expensive everything really was! The old saying about appreciating the value of a dollar really does apply in college. Another tip I would give myself is even though we might not like it, you're going to lose some good friends when you go off to college and sadly there isn’t much you can do. Sure, when first semester begins your going to keep in contact with your friends from high school, but overtime people will start going off and begin doing there own thing which is okay. Sure we don’t like losing anyone, but that just provides the opportunity to let new friends into your life. And the last thing I would say is that no, you don’t know everything. Once you go to college you’re going to make some mistakes and get embarrassed from time to time, but that’s okay! Were all human and humans make mistakes. So just keep your chin up and keep on strutting your stuff.

William

I would have told myself to spend more time on learning how to study efficiently. I would also tell myself to be involved more with the community and spend less time by myself. Also, I would have told myself to search for more scholarship opportunities in order to not have to spend as much on tuition and fees. I would have also told myself to put my course work first and then spend time having fun instead of putting the work off to the last minute possible. One last thing I would have told myself would be to keep the ties I had with my high school teachers. Keeping those ties I had would have been helpful with some of the classes I had taken as the teachers at the university weren't all that successful in teaching the material.

Laila

Laila, it's your senior year and time to prepare yourself emotionally for the next phase! When you get to college you should know that a lot of students have some of the same feelings that you do. It will be sort of like your first day of high school when you were trying to figure out where your locker was or which floor your classroom was on. The difference at college- you will be looking for buildings, the library and maybe the cafeteria. But just like high school there will be that one person willing to help you figure it out. So, don't think you have to have everything figured out to fit in because that person that helped you find the library will probably end up being one of your good lifelong friends. Just one more thing, don't forget to have fun and enjoy this time, four years will fly by bery quickly! Sincerely, Laila

Paige

There is nothing wrong with Illinois State, but take college as an opportunity to travel and go away from home. Don't be scared to have new experiences. College is hard to adjust to, but stay strong in what you believe in. Don't let it change who you are. Get used to school your first semester, and then make it a priority to get a job if you can afford the time. Make sure you make time for friends, and dating if you want. No matter what your major is, you need to make time for yourself. Enjoy the moment you are in and don't rush your senior year. You might actually miss high school once you leave. Appreciate your parents, when you go to school you will realize how much they do for you. The freedom is amazing, but the responsibilities can be difficult. Do the best you can to stay close to your family at home, not matter where you go. Do research about what you want to major in so you don't waste time or money.

Rebecca

I would say to myself: do not doubt your choices. Stick with your gut decisions, because you know that you will make the best choices that you can for yourself. College is a time to worry about your identity and yourself completely, and it should not fall upon your shoulders to correct anyone else's mistakes but your own. While it may be difficult, it is important to learn how to choose people to call your best friends. There are many people in college that you will meet that will try to tear you down and dismantle you. Keep your head high, move on, and do what is best for you. Use your time in college to find yourself, and find those who truly make you happy. If you are not happy, move on to a new chapter of your life; do not dwell on the past, as it will only create heartache and distrust.

If I could speak to my high school senior self, I would make a few changes before heading off to my future. I would spend more time looking for scholarships. I would have decided upon a major other than teaching because seven years after graduating, I am going back to school to change my major and career. I would advise myself to stay in the college band more than the freshman year. I would tell myself to stay away from a few specific boys and focus more on my sorority sisters. I would tell myself to spend more time studying in my junior and senior year of college instead of taking on too much to handle. I would also tell myself to eat healthier and exercise daily.

Destiny

Dear senior self, Quit worrying! College will be easier than you think. Don’t fret over making friends or the grades. They’ll come through skills you learned in high school: a little time management and studying. Instead, occupy yourself with taking all the opportunities offered to you! College is positively teeming with them and they don’t always reside where you think they might. Fill your days so you can learn and experience as much as possible in your time as an undergraduate student! Take advantage of your youthfulness! Include in your (hopefully) full schedule a job or two relevant to your major. College is certainly an investment in your future, but it doesn’t have to become a mountainous economic obstacle looming on your path to the future. Plus, your resume will be your most precious asset when searching for your dream job; feed it, love it and help it to grow! Lastly, make real connections with your professors and mentors. They are probably brilliant—within your area of study! (Remember, a good first impression goes a long way.) Use your newly-found freedom to make something of yourself. It’s your turn to achieve greatness. College self

Kat

Kat, you don't even know you will become "Kat," but embrace your new persona. Don't ever be worried about moving from smalltown roots to a bigger college. You will flourish there. You will find a home there. Illinois State will show you how to be the best teacher, bilingual learner, employee, friend, and woman you can be. Campus may seem huge and different, but home is never far away. Embrace the people in your dorm/apartment. Embrace the random events that you may not "feel like" attending. You will meet incredible people who you will love, and they will love you too, and quickly. If an opportunity arises to do something a little crazy, crazy in a good sense, don't hesitate. You will find confidence and strength in your academic abilities. You will find the strongest friendship and the truest love imaginable. College WILL BE the greatest years of your life. Don't shy away from something that intrigues you. Constantly work to better yourself physically mentally, spiritually, and socially; those are your home bases, so don't neglect a single one. You are capable of greatness, and you will achieve it.

Tami

Look at all of your options. Do research before you pick a major. Do not settle. Put yourself out there, and get involved!

Olivia

Whatever you do, do not take a break after high school. You will deeply regret it and it really sucks seeing all of your friends in college while you are stuck working a full time job and doing nothing with your life. Start college as soon as you graduate even if it means less time hanging out with your friends. Do not go crazy if you have not decided your major yet; many people change their majors and minors multiple times throughout college. The best thing is to take your time and take everything one step at a time. Keep the long term goal in mind, but make short term goals and complete one at a time. This way you will not overwhelm yourself. Another great piece of advice is to apply for scholarships all through senior year and beyond. You may not think you will win a scholarship, but it does not hurt to keep trying. Take a deep breathe, take one step, and continue on your path. Everything will be alright, so stay calm.

jessica

Find something to get involved in and study abroad

Ryan

i would tell myself to make sure you stay on top of your homework, and to not be lazy. thats my biggest set back, and it is showing in my grades. go to all classes, study enough, and do your homework and you should be fine.

Devan

If I could go back in time and talk to my self as a senior I would say, "Devan! First, hug everyone you love because you don't know it right now, but things are going to happen and not all of them will be there in a year. The pain you will experience from the loss of your friend and step-mom will never go away, but it is up to you to use your experience to help others in the same situation. Things do get better. Second, enjoy high school because once you leave you can never go back. Finally, college is not just about going off to a nice university, having fun or how cool it looks to other people. Follow your heart and go where you think you will thrive. College is a time to grow into the person who will make you and your loved ones proud. It's the chance to mold yourself into the kind of person who can change the world some day. Go to the school that will do that for you, not just the cheapest, closest or most convienent."

ASIA

As the first in the family to attend college, there’s a lot of expectation for you to do great. You have no direct guidance from family so that means to empower yourself! All the resources are at your fingertips! During the summer after high school graduation, make sure you research campus groups so you will be familiar with the organizations that fit your hobbies/interests. I even encourage you to join one! Make contact with your roommate and plan to attend/meet at the incoming freshmen orientation during the summer so it’s not too awkward on day one. On campus: BE CALM, find a campus map, walk around and ask questions! There will be people from all over the world so prepare to be shocked but adapt and adjust! It’s not uncommon to be homesick. If you need to, cry or call supportive family/friends but don’t go home every weekend! Meet new people, go to class, study A LOT, establish a strong GPA, avoid academic probation, find your passion and most importantly, PRAY! College WILL BE overwhelming and hard work at times! Prepare yourself for the challenge; it will be worth it in the end!

Rachael

For me personally, I think that I did well transitioning from high school to college. I work an a camp all summer and not home at all during the summer, so the transition was easier for me than most. I would recommend not going home very often during the first semester because the weekends are when you meet people and have fun. Also, get homework, projects, papers, etc. all organized and sorted out during the first week. When they are all placed on a calender, it is easier to keep track of when tests are, or when projects are due. Learning how to be organized and figuring out what organizational style works best for you, is vital during your freshman year in college.

Kimberley

If I had the option to go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior I would advise myself to start working on campaigns sooner. If I started working on campaigns in the Fall Semester, especially the Presidential campaigns, I would have developed a more diverse understanding of the major I am in. I understand my major very much, but I feel like if I would have gotten more involved the experience would have given me a larger boost of knowledge.

Melissa

If I could go back and talk to myself as a senior in high school, I would tell myself to not give in to "senioritis". I wouldn't slack as much as I did because those study habits carry over to college. I would tell myself to stay focused and 100{4a082faed443b016e84c6ea63012b481c58f64867aa2dc62fff66e22ad7dff6c} effort on everything I do. I would also tell myself to get involved. I should have joind clubs or activities my senior year in order to stay active and busy. It would have looked better on my applications and would have given me so much more experience and probably a better outlook on life. I wish I would have focused more on my studies than I did on my social life. In the end, your studies are what matter most. Your friends won't be there for you when you don't succeed in school.

Cayce

Cayce, this is the time of your life that could be the most critical to your success in life, or the unfortunate beginning of the struggles you will face in your future. The choice is yours at this time, but only for a short period will the choice be yours. If you want to succeed in life, you must take this time as a high school senior seriously and not for granted. The things you may think are important to you at this time will not even matter ten years from now. Please take to heart everything your teachers and mentors tell you. Try to retain as much as you can when it comes to your math, writing, grammar and computer classes. These classes can be detrimental to your ease and success of your college and career path. The most important thing I can tell you is to believe in yourself and never let anyone tell you that you can not accomplish your goals. People only tell you this because they do not believe in themselves. You can achieve anything that you put your heart and mind to. Every successful person started somewhere.

Dear High School Senior Brittany, Its me, the 22 year old version of you, with some advice about college and your transition. The very first thing I want you to do is understand you are a wonderful person. Its time to take pride in who you are and have confidence in sharing that with new people. Next, tell you "BFF" you are going to room with a random person. This will help you branch out and maintain a friendship you will otherwise lose (trust me I know). When you get to campus be open, and be your own person. Make plans with other new students instead of following around one friend. You have countless chances to make friends whether it be at campus activities or classes. Embrace new friendships. Now to classes-buy your books ahead of time, don't procrastinate, put in your best effort, and ask for help! Do those things and class will be the easy part of college! At first you will be homesick but talk to mom about it. You'll have loving emails and letters from family to help! Be kind, be confident and be sure to meet Tyler (your future fiance)! Love, Brittany

Andrea

Work woman! Don't be afraid of a challenge because you can accomplish everything you set your mind to. You may not believe me but college is going to be a lot easier than you expect because you know the material and subject area better than you believe you. Because of this, don't be afraid to take on more things outside of your academics. Find a second job, you can handle it; join more clubs, they will want you there. My whole point here is: DON'T underestimate yourself! By taking everything step-by-step you will see that you can do all of it easily especially if you use your calendar on your phone. Keep doing what you're passionate about and jump right in before the 3 short years pass you by! Now go accomplish more than I did because I was scared of taking on too much.

Although, you are having a great time as a senior and it is going almost immaculate. It is extremely significant to not forget about your future. It seems like college is far away and will never come, but it will be here before you even know it. You are a beautiful and intelligent young woman and I know you are capable of accomplishing more than you know. I would just like for you to remember to keep a few things in mind as the next milestone approaches. First of all, STUDY, STUDY and study some more! You might possibly think you do not need to now, but use this time to practice for your next four years. College is all about studying and utilizing your time wisely. I would love for you to be prepared for that next step and senior year is the best place to begin. You have come this far and I want you to be as prepared as possible. Also remember that with growing up, changes also come along. That means that your high school friends will not always be there, but do not fear you have a bright future awaiting full of excitement and possibilities!

Charles

If I was able to go back in time I would have an ear full to give myself. I would start out making sure that I knew that no one is going to go out of their way to help unless they are asked. Counselors are more then will to point you in the right direction but they need to be told what direction you are looking for. They are a great resource that should not be ignored. I would also try to talk myself into going to Junior College first. I was unaware of the cost differences and how much harder the transition was going to be to jump into a 4-year school. I also would of made sure that I knew what would happen if I stayed on the same path that I took. Still working towards your major at 26 due to having to slow down and work on paying down the debt that has been accumulated. Not to mention the hour plus long commute that I have to complete due to job location.

Jena

All students have things we wish we could have done differently; get to know your professors, go to every class since you ‘re paying so much money to attend them, get involved, and go to more sporing events. However if I could provide just one bit of advice to the anxious freshman so long ago, I would tell myself to find a passion early on and pursue it relentlessly. Although I did eventually find my passion with international studies, it seems I missed the boat on several opportunities. As I prepare to return to Illinois State this fall in order to follow my dream of becoming a Study Abroad Coordinator, I can’t help but think I could have more relevant experience on my resume had I known about this desire freshman year instead of senior. I know, it’s hard to comprehend and acknowledge what you’re truly passionate about when you’re an incoming freshman, already overwhelmed by the extraordinary transition that will take place. Just remember to always keep your future in mind, and if you have a desire to pursue something, no matter the circumstance, do it; you might end up translating that into a career.

Catherine

If I could tell my high school senior self what I know now, I would advise myself not to give up. I would tell myself that everything would work out by the beginning of college. I would try to explain how things would not be as difficult as they seemed back then. In high school, I was very stressed with the IB program and I was nervous about passing the exams. I would encourage myself to try my hardest in all of my classes and do my best on all of the exams. I would inform myself that the idea of taking a year off before going to college was very beneficial. I was able to get a full time job to support myself through my first year of college. This information would be helpful to my high school senior self because I was worried about college and my financial situation and the possiblilty of taking some time off before continuing my education. Overall, if I could go back in time, I'd let myself know that college would be a fun and wonderful experience and I would not regret it.

Brooke

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself to work harder and to take advantage of important opportunities. I am sure I could have gotten A's in those classes that I got B's. Those volunteer opportunties are really valuable to college applications and scholarships. I would tell myself to focus on the things that really matter, such as leadership, service, and involvement, instead of focusing on having a relationship. The transition to college will make you realize that there is many more options out there. Goals and passions last longer than high school relationships. Most of all, I would tell myself to think about what would benefit my college career and future. Try as hard as you can in your classes, take on service projects to better your community, and take advantage of every opportunity.

The advice I would give to myself is be prepared. Going into college is not as easy as people make it seem. You have to wanna be in school beause there is nobody telling you what to do. I would also say to myself, dont slack off. If you slack off at the end of your senior year it makes it hard to come back to school and be focused on everything you need to do.

Maryssa

To be able to go back in time to talk to myself as a senior would be amazing. The first thing I would do is slap myself and say "What the heck are you doing?" When I was in high school I took it as a joke. Until the end of my high school year is when I took my life serious. I would tell myself to work as hard as possible and to join as many clubs and activites as possible. That I need a new curriclum if I want things to run smoothly as I am trying to start my life. To not have to struggle like I am right now to just go to a community college. Where if I play my cards right in my senior year or thoughout all of highschool I would be able to go to the four year univeristy I wish I was attending now.