Illinois State University

« See more reviews of Illinois State University

I consider the staff and sevices offered on campus to be the best thing about my school. The campus offers services for students including Advisors, Career Counseling, Career Fairs, Student Counseling Services, and a Medical health service to all full time students, included in the cost of your tuition. These services are great and I have learned that they offer very useful information and help when needed. The staff is very friendly and the services are provided promptly when needed. Students at my school are encouraged to attend lectures and utilize these services because the campus promotes these services.

I think the best thing about my school is it has great diversity. I know that every school has different races and ethnicities, but Illinois State University has many programs and activities for everyone to get to know eachother and make our school closer. Having many different people around you, will get you ready for the real world. Many of the people attending this school have only been around people like themselves. Highschool does not really have a wide vareity of people, but starting my college experience here has really brought many different races and ethicities into my life.

The best thing about Illinois State University is without a doubt the education program. The school itself was founded in 1859 with the sole purpose of preparing future teachers and that commitment to excellence has not wavered since. ISU has remained a top ten college in the country for producing top quality teachers and today's graduates are having no trouble finding employment. Some employers have said that the average first year teacher with an Illinois State degree has the experience and skills of a second year teacher. I am in the right place to earn my degree.

The best thing about my school is the proximity of diversity within the school. As a black woman from Chicago, I was not used to being around that many people that were different from me. Through my outgoing personality and the opportunities in the dorms, classes, and registered student organizations; I was able to really engage in a new atmosphere that has allowed me to get along and understand people and their differences better. I am now a better leader and communicator with people of all backgrounds instead of just my own! Thanks Illinois State!

The best thing about Illinois State University is their helpfulness of their students to push them to think deeper and work for their grades. The courses that I've taken for my major have push me to think on a more intellectual level, rather than just memorizing concepts that I feel will not be useful in my career. I do not feel as if I have had to "waste" my time on courses that do not pertain to me or my career. I have felt on-track all of my four years here, and have had a great ride.

The atmsophere is the greatest thing about Illinois State Unitversity. There is any club you can think of on campus from sports club to a cereal eating club. Campus events like basketball game are very popular and are a blast to go to. I have never felt out of place at this school. Also, everyone is very friendly and open to meeting new people. If you want a school where you can go out and party you can do that her, but if you want more of a quiet setting there is also that.

The best thing about my school was having the option to join a sorority. This allowed me to create friendships that I will have for the rest of my life. It also offered many opportunities for volunteering in which I was able to get involved within my community. I know who I am today is shaped by being in my sorority. It helped me become an adult and handle responsibility as well as understand the importance of giving back.

The best thing about my school is diversity. By diversity I refer to the people, the classes, and the events that my school offers. There are a large variety of people that attend my school; with that variety of people it is easier to meet new people and make new friends. There is also a large array of classes to take, and the school offers many university sanctioned events that make the experience here worthwhile.

My school has a large environment that appeals to all kinds of student. There are many opportunities, progams and activities that are available for all interests. Even though it is a large university, it has a small feeling to it. The best thing at my school is there are many doors to success, however, it is up the to student to open those doors, which teaches the student discipline and goal setting.

I love that my University is very diverse! I also love that my school opens many new opportunities for me to take advantage of! Whether it is a new club or activity I can try, a class that i never thought of taking- I feel like I am always trying something new. Illinois State University has, in just one short year, opened so many doors for me, and made me realize that I had been living a sheltered life.