Illinois State University Top Questions

What's the Greek scene like?

Angela

There are many fraternities and sororities on campus. They are all of different types: community service based, honors based, and social based. I am not involved in the Greek scene. I was inducted into a honor's fraternity my freshman year, Alpha Lambda Delta. However, this fraternity was discontinued on our campus because they couldn't find a new adviser for it. If you have more questions about the Greek scene, I could find that information via ISU's website and/or friends. Also, I must mention that I am not a huge fan of the Greek life. Unfortunately, on the weekends parties get busted quite often. And there is foul play at some fraternities. Last spring, a frat house burned to the ground, and the cause was a fire which started in the attic, but they weren't sure how it started. And I know a couple years ago, a frat was banned from campus because they had a "rape room" in their house. I understand not all fraternities are like this, but you need to be really careful when deciding what Greek house you want to party at, and if you want to join a fraternity/sorority, be sure you know what they are all about before making your decision.

Angela

There are many fraternities and sororities on campus. They are all of different types: community service based, honors based, and social based. I am not involved in the Greek scene. I was inducted into a honor's fraternity my freshman year, Alpha Lambda Delta. However, this fraternity was discontinued on our campus because they couldn't find a new adviser for it. If you have more questions about the Greek scene, I could find that information via ISU's website and/or friends. Also, I must mention that I am not a huge fan of the Greek life. Unfortunately, on the weekends parties get busted quite often. And there is foul play at some fraternities. Last spring, a frat house burned to the ground, and the cause was a fire started in the attic, but they weren't sure how. And I know a couple years ago, a frat was banned from campus because they had a "rape room" in their house. I understand not all fraternities are like this, but you need to be really careful when decided what Greek house you want to party at, and if you want to join one, be sure you know what they are all about before making your decision.

Angela

There are many fraternities and sororities on campus. They are all of different types: community service based, honors based, and social based. I am not involved in the Greek scene. I was inducted into a honor's fraternity my freshman year, Alpha Lambda Delta. However, this fraternity was discontinued on our campus because they couldn't find a new advisor for it. If you have more questions about the Greek scene, I could find that information via ISU's website and/or friends.