Oglesby, IL
Illinois Valley Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Illinois Valley Community College

KACIE

Illinois Valley Community College is great for a variety of traditional and non-traditional students. The faculty is extremely accessible and friendly. The student population is not overwhelming and it is not difficult to find clubs and organizations to join.

Illinois Valley Community College is an incredible school for an incredible price. My experience has been extremely positive and I have met amazing people there including some professors. I can look back and say I made the right choice by going there right after high school.

Joseph

It is a fantastic place to attend school. The school gives you a great feel for college before transferring to a 4-year university. All the teachers support students to do their best before going on to their next institution. They prepare you to advance at every possible level.

Sam

IVCC is a nice and small school. Very local and personal, the class sizes are small and the options for classes are endless. The counselors are all very helpful in making sure that the requirements are met for any degree trying to be reached. The campus is small too which means you always have plenty of time to get to class.

Hope

Although I did not attend IVCC after my first year, and it has been 2 years since I last attended, I still use the knowledge I acquired there almost every day. Do not underestimate the community college experience. For me, this experience was one that truly helped me find myself and my path in life.

Juan

If, I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior; knowing what I now about college life and making the transition; the advice I would give myself would be: Get informed, about colleges and courses that are available. Because you will do best by having knowledge in many subjects, not just one subject. "SUCCEED"

Sustainability, is what I consider the best thing about IVCC.

What I wished I had known before i attended IVCC, would have to be my life purpose.

Lindsay

If i could talk to myself as a senior, I would tell myself to stay on track with my school work because GPA means a lot more in college than in high school. There are so many more opportunities with a good GPA, including scholarships and jobs. It is hard work to get anywhere with a bad GPA, and I know from experience. But, if you work hard to get it back up and show improvement, people will be more willing to help you out if they see that improvement. Also, don't fall in with the wrong crowd. Find friends that have the same interests and goals as you do. And, as cliche as it is, do not give into peer pressure. It doesn't even have to be with drinking or drugs, but something as simple as skipping class.

I wish somebody would have told me that in order to get out in two years I need to take more than 12 credits a semester. Luckily, in my position, I could only take 12 and still get out in two years. But, for a majority of the people that go there, they stay more than two years because they don't have enough credits.

A person who doesn't like help from others, or thinks they don't need help, should not attend IVCC. Everyone there is so helpful, especially the teachers.

Allison

My school provides a quality education to students whether they plan to head into the real world as working adults or transfer to a university to continue their education.

I would encourage myself to follow my dreams and not let the fear of the unknown scare me. Unfortunately I learned the hard way and took many classes toward a major I didn't even really want to do, because I was scared that becoming a nurse would be "too hard". Fortunately I figured out what I wanted to do, and hope to be accepted into the fall 2010 nursing program at my school.

People who want to better themselves and be challenged intelectually should attend my college.

Katrina

My classmate would be considered as willing to learn, friendly, easy to work with, and trying to get their generals out of the way just like most students.

Knowing what I know now I would have told myself to study a little extra harder to work for more scholarships. I would have also told myself to go to a four-year school, rather than a two year community college and experience college life as a freshman. Also, I would have told myself to go straight to school rather than take the first semester off to leave and travel, but it also helped me out when I was figuring out what I was going to do with my life. When it comes to transitiong, I would have told myself not to stress out as much as I did because the other students are just as nervous as you are and trying to make a smooth adjustment too.

The kind of person that should attend this school is someone who is willing to get their gen eds done and save money before transferring to a 4-year University. Kids who have parents that do not make enough money or have to pay for their own schooling so take in to consideration in going here. It helps when you get your generals out of the way at a cheaper school, rather than paying to go to a University and paying twice the amount, if not even more. Also, it helps too when you are undecided in a career choice.

Benjamin

In college, you will not have anyone babying you through your career. Your grades will depend on how high of a GPA you wish to hold. What you were used to in high school, the teachers who checked your progress every day and made sure that you were doing your work, that will all be gone. Sure, you may have a teacher now and then who will get on your case if you're not completing your work in a timely manner, but you will be mostly on your own. Now, no matter how intimidating this may sound, it is a good thing. It will prepare you for the real world, a place where you literally will not be able to support yourself if you do not throw yourself into your work, whatever that may be. I cannot tell you how important it is that you strive for perfection; for no matter how far from it you fall, you will know that you could not possibly have done better. Do your family proud, and earn yourself a degree in an honorable fashion. Good luck!

That I am in my second year of college and still hold a 4.0 GPA, that not many of the people I know can hold that high of a GPA, and that I intend to keep that GPA at 4.0 until the day of my graduation from IVCC.

Some of them are the hardest-working students I have ever known, and some of them seem to be here only for the parties, but most of the ones I have gotten to know personally are fairly decent people.

Illinois Valley Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.