Imperial, CA
Imperial Valley College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Imperial Valley College

It would be a good time to start trying a lot harder. I know you don't have the motivation right now to do so, but trust me, you'll thank yourself later if you do. It really doesn't matter when you apply to IVC, they'll accept you regardless of your grades, I promise. Make wise decisions and always do your work in college. You may not think it now, but you will live to see your college life, and even your own wedding. Keep Chance close in your life, he will help you through so much more than you realize. I know people say IVC is just like being in a second high school, but it matters a lot more now. The transition is easy, easier than high school ever was for you. Finally, you're gonna be happy. So hold onto that promise and continue to live everyday with a smile upon your face.

The school cafeteria makes really good grilled cheese sandwiches.

Overall I would rate the school an 8. The classroom sizes are small and the teachers really do care about your success. It is not a college town at all but it is an experience to go here. There are people from all walks of life that you get to interact with and learn with. The worst thing about the school is the lack of parking.

The most popular clubs are the religious ones. I am involved in the volunteer group on campus, which is not very popular. The basketball team is the only team that anyone goes to see and the student body is very active so there are several school related events every week.

A majority of the students are of hispanic heritage and many are very poor. A majority of the students are only able to attend because of finical aid. Many of the students dress very casual and the students have very close relationships. Most of the students are from the Imperial Valley or Mexico.

The classrooms are small so the teachers get to know you on a personal level. My favorite class was Microbiology because the labs were so fascinating. The professors are always available to meet outside of class to offer advice or to help.

People think that most of the students who go here are illiterate and mess ups, but this isn't true. Imperial Valley College has a challenging and recognized Nursing program and is a very good school.

Talisa

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a senior, I would tell myself not to take my physics class because it's very difficult. I would tell myself that I would get accepted to a 4-year college,but declined it. I know my senior -self would be upset, but I would say that it's better that I did because I switched majors. I wouldn't say to what because I want that decision to be left up to myself.Also, I would ensure myself that I would fall in love in college. I would tell myself to study hard in college, to pay attention in class, and take alot of notes. I would say that no matter how hard it got, I would just have to move forward and reassure myself that it would all be worth it. I would smile and say that having fun with friends would still be a daily routine, but to not forget to live and take in the whole college experience.

I believe that the worst thing about Imperial Valley College is that there aren't enough computers for students to do their work. Some students come from a poor financial background and don't have the money to purchase a computer or laptop. The libraries nearby allow anyone in the community access to a computer with a maximum limit of one hour per day. One hour is not enough to complete all homework assignments. Also, the time that they open the computer rooms are when classes begin and students are forced to be late so.

I think that the most frustrating thing about our college is the order students are allowed to apply for their classes. We live in such a small community wityh so many people that all students coming out of high school may not get even one class. The order in which students can apply are the ones who have earned the most units to thosebarely entering. The Fall semester alone had fifty or more students crashing a class, most which were new students.

Nandie

You can do it! At first, school looks like a giant ready to eat you up alive, but give it time and when you least expect it you will be walking toward your old professor ready to recieve the hand shake and diploma. All the drama, studing, stress, anger, and frustration will seem like a far away dream you once had, when you finish the last test and you see the passing score. Remember that God is always in control and He is watching over you. You may be going through tough times and feel like giving up, but don't. God will give you the stregnth to go on, just remember I Corinthians 10:13 and Joshua 1:9. You are strong, determined, and can look at life like movie of adventure on which you take a challenge a step at a time. Good luck, God speed, and always keep a smile on your face (it may help someone in need of one).

I would have loved to know that school is focused on socializing, determination, self-dicipline, and just enjoying life. I realize now that school has many oportunities and options for life, but you can only choose a few and live one life. Life is too frail to fool around and not take life seriously when it comes to education; and when times get tough the best thing to do is relly on God and keep going. There is always going to be work, you just have to reach for a higher education to get the one you want.

The person that shouldn't attend this school would be the quitter. School is not a game of which you can start and give up when you fail on the first try, it is for those who want a better life. There are so many people that are going back to school because of the lack of jobs and quitters just waiste funds, time, and books which others need. School is for those who dream of a brighter future not a passtime.

Enoe

My school enables students to move foward with their education and transfer. Unlike other schools, this school is financially available and is an inexpensive way to complete general education requirements.

Don't be afraid. I know that college seems like a scary-lonely place, but it's not. There are a lot of wonderful things that you will let go of because of fear. There is a world to see, people to meet, and many new discoveries that are fascinating. Being afraid will keep you from all those wonders. Fight hard, don't give up. There will be moments that will feel like there is nothing else for you to do but quit, don't. Don't worry about being financially stable, knowing what to do, or being equipped to take the classes. Trust me, you are more than ready. And when fear starts creeping around, don't hide from it instead face it. When you need help there will always be someone to help you, don't be afraid of doing things alone. Don't waste time, concentrate, stand strong, study hard, and enjoy college. Enjoy the new friends you will make, enjoy the new places you'll see, and learn from everything and everyone. Don't be afraid anymore, college is less scary than you think.

The kind of person that shouldn't attend this school is someone that lacks enthusiasm,strength, and hard working spirit. I feel that lazy people that coast by in life are not capable of undertaking the rigorous upper-level courses that this school offers. One must have the enthusiasm to wake up every morning and get ready for a new day. One needs to be strong and work hard to make each day count because each day matters. When it comes to education, time is a precious rarity that shouldn't be wasted.

Lupita

Most of my classmates are immature.

Most of my classmates are immature.

I would let myself know to enroll in the R.O.P for the fire department and demand only A?s on all my classes. I would also start working out mostly on my upper body and join a sport for every season. By doing this I'll be in tip top shape for the fire academy in college. Since I?m a girl I know for a fact that I would have to prove myself more to the instructors that I really want this and that I can do whatever they?ll throw at me.

The worst thing about my school is the book store. Instructors and students are always complaining that they never order enough textbooks. Instructors get annoyed, but the students are the ones that have to deal with the problem. If a student orders a textbook it takes about 3 weeks or even longer to come in. By the time the textbooks arrive half of the semester has passed by.

Fernanda

My classmates are organized people, wise and with determined goals, each one of them has an interesting point of view to share, which helps me and the rest of the class, to be open-minded.

My school is best known for its hispanic roots. The majority of Imperial Valley College students come from Mexican American heritage, although there's a few percentage of African American, and Caucasian students, even they know how to speak spanish, so everybody can communicate with one another.

I would definitely advise myself to dedicate more time to my studies, and try to eliminate some party time. As a high school senior, I wasted alot of valuable time going to parties here and there, getting home very late and pulling all-nighters to finish essays, research papers, and projects that had to be turn in the next day. I never realized, until now, that each one of those papers were essential, and that a bad grade could affect me in a long-term. In college, there's no late assingments, special treatment , or extended due dates, you have obligations and you must be aware that nobody but yourself is responsible for every single one of them. I would strongly persuade myself to spent more time focusing on homeworks, and put some effrot into it, because my future depends on it, and I wouldn't want to have a "D", or a worst grade than that in my transcript.

Neomi

Imperial Valley College is like a big family, who tries to help you out for a better future.

If you decide to go through with college, know that you may have some hard times, and feel that you want to quit some days. Yet, when you continue, and finish your course in whatever you decide to major in, you will feel proud of yourself for not quitting what you have started. You will feel that each semester you finish, you are getting closer to your final goal. So don't give up, don't lose focus and most of all do not mess up your priorities.

The best thing about Imperial Valley College, is that it tries to provide a comfortable environment. Students feel more confident continue their education because they have encouraging counslors and teachers that try to help them out through their college experience. Imperial Valley College is a small community college, so it helps because you get to know alot of people quickly and work together side by side for a successful future.

Imperial Valley College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.