Independence University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Independence University

Auburn

I am doing all class online. I love the flexibility the school gives me and how easy to asks for help. Someone is always available if you need them. I love this university.

Kelley

Independence University is a place for hard working, motivated students. The instructors are great and the staff is available for help whenever you may need it. Online courses are hard, and they require great attention, so be prepared to work hard and make sure that you turn all of your course work in on time. It is important to remain effective and efficient at what you are trying to accomplish.

Mercedes

I love it and how amazing the staff are, they're always super helpful. The academics expect a lot but they give you the resources to achieve it all, whether it's tutoring, one on one help, staff office hours, some counselling. They offer all the help they possibly can and I can't speak highly enough about the college.

Independence University was a great school. The Professors are always there to help you get through the class work, the admin staff are there the whole way through the registration process. Not to mention if you have a hectic schedule like I did they work well with you to complete your education! I love IU!

Melissa

The staff and faculty here at Independence University give students the feeling that no matter where you are in life or what you have/don't have, a college education is attainable. The flexibility in options offered for students to further themselves makes the experience fun and exciting.

Karina

Ilove this school .. i take my classes online professors are always available to help and the staff is the best. I love that i can finish my assignments on myu own time and school wont interfeer with my job at the moment. I would really recommend this school to anyone who is hardworking and be able to deal with work and school at the same time .

dameka

its a great school they offer a lot give you laptops and a tablet to complete your assignments for school and home. this is my first semester and I hope that all my courses is fun and manageable. As well as I hope I have an amazing professor that can help with every step of acknowldgement

Donald

excellent I am a full time online student

kimberly

I like independence university because it is a school that will help me every steep of the way amd help me reach my gole and stuff

Daisha

Independence University is a great online school for me. I am a single parent and need flexibility and that is what I have. Flexible times work well with me to complete my work and take care of my daughter. The school provides a tablet and laptop unlike any other online school. Most schools say you don't qualify if you dont have a computer but not Independence University. Then some people dont have computers or something is wrong with their computer and I was the student without a computer to complete my work. The University let me know everything and that I qualify to apply so now I am in the enrollment process. I plan to start school December 12 and it's exciting.

Amber

this is an awsome school i highly recomend it to other people it has awsome teachers and the other students are very helpfull and so are all the staff memebers there you can call anytime about any concerns or questions and someone will be there to help or will get back to you with an answer as soon as they can they send you out a tablet and a laptop to do school work on and there verry helpfull

Lesly

Independence University is a wonderful school, it allowed people from all walks of life to continue their education, whether you attend on campus or online. The faculty and staff are always available and welling to assist and help you in any way. It provides a very informative library and other helpful tools to help you with your assignments. Professors are helpful and available to assist you with any questions you may have... I would highly recommend it to anyone, who would like to continue your education.

Angie

I love Independence University because I have the freedom to do my classes online in my own time, but with the requirements of being in a traditional classroom. I have been thinking about college for quite some time and didn't know where to start to find aid and enroll. I was contacted by an admissions specialist who walked me through the steps of enrolling and setting me up with a financial aid advisor. The whole process took about 3 days to complete, which is very quick in my opinion. The support and contacts for help that I have are so many that I never feel alone or lost. There are live lectures that I can log into for info on upcoming assignments and questions. I love this school!

Starla

I love it! I start my first semester in April and am beyond thrilled! They are amazing! They're helpful, efficient, and fast. They walk you through everything to enroll for the online classes and are super patient! This is definately the school for me!

ANGELA

YOU GET WHAT YOU PUT INTO IT. YOU HAVE TO WANT TO PUT IN THE WORK IN ORDER TO GET WHERE YOU WANT TO BE IN LIFE. NOT EVERYTHING HANDED TO YOU. EDUCATION IS KEY AND IS REQUIRED FOR EMPLOYMENT. STAY FOCUSED AND HAVE A SUPPORT SYSTEM FOR EMOTIONAL SUPPORT.

Chelsea

I love them!

Eugenia

It all started with a paper through the mail asking what career I'm most interested in. I chose the Pharmacy field. From that moment on. I knew I changed my life and my future for the better. The next day, I get a phone call asking when am I able to start and which degree I'll be pursuing. I am getting my Associates degree in Medical Specialties. I started on September 4th and I honestly cannot be happier. I'm an online full time student. I changed my future for me and my son. I am proud of how far I've gotten. My advisor is amazing. She's helped me through out this whole journey and I couldn't thank her enough. I love IU.

Alejandro

I am an online student so most of the questions did not apply since there is no ground campus. With that said, I do like the fact that I can work at my own pace and am challenged to research current trends regarding each classes topic. I like that it is fast-track so that I can complete a Masters degree in a shorter time than going to a traditional school. The instructors are helpful in providing feedback about each topic to help you learn the material.

Leo

Honestly I love the school best one I have ever been to I really enjoy being there. I really love how great all the staff is and how much support you are able to get there. It is always nice to because just about all the people you work with will give you a cell phone number so that you can text them at anytime. It is just a really welcoming warm environment and they have such a lot of help there for no matter what you might be needing help with.

Shane

I really am enjoying Independent University. I just started,I have already have been taught so much. I knee when I picked this school, I was going to succeed. They have so much to offer, they give a free tablet, and laptop to help you out with your school.

Cassandra

It's a great online college, teachers are very involved, and I love my classes! Everything is done online, including weekly video sessions and submitting work. Various resources are available such as a library, writing center. and success coaches. Independence University gives you the tools and support needed to complete online courses.

Khadijah

I love it ! Every member of the staff is always so nice and here to help. They make going to school online easy and they are very supportive! They make me feel like I am more then just a seat in a class room but an actual student ! I would recommend Independence U to all my friends and family !!

Jekyla

Independence University is amazing. The Staff and students are great to work with

Nieymafabre

I honestly think it's a great school on and off campus. The people there are extremely awesome they're great people to be around. They make it a great place to want to learn and pursue your degree. They also make it a fun place to be and they work with you. It's almost like they're your extended from school. They have your best interest in mind and they set you up with any and everything you need to be successful. The fact that you have a team that works with you and just for you is the best thing yet especially when you are pursuing your degree online.

Melissa

I really Like that there is always someone to talk to. If there is ever a problem that I can't figure out, we always have a group of students that communicate with us through the Student Services. There is always a live chat available. So there is no reason that you can't finish your program and achieve your career. I also like that there is a tudering servive. available, not only to me, but all of my kids. They can get a phone call or live chat with someone to help them work it out. Independence University (IU) is a great school for new students.

Penny

Independence University is a great college for people of all ages. The instructors are very knowledgeable, and always there when you need them, at almost any time of the day. The work load is very manageable which allows you to maintain your job, or family. The class sizes are perfect and it gives all students a chance to be heard, and seen. This college offers a lot of support to their students, and will go above and beyond to make sure you succeed in everything you do there.

Sheyenne

So far everything is good with the school. I start my classes on the 4th and honestly couldn't be more excited. I've had people help me the whole way and process through enrollment and make sure that everything gets completed. I will be able to work around my schedule for work and tend to my child without having to worry about a babysitter. they are completely understanding are here to help with anything I need.

Joy

Independence University so far has been there for me and helped get me through my courses. I am an online student, but the instructors are available by phone, zoom, chat and email. Everyone has been very friendly and helpful.

Raven

I start classes on the fourth of September. So far the admissions process has gone pretty good. I can't wait to access my student account. Everyone I have spoken to has been very nice to me and helped me through the entire process. I could tell they wanted to ensure that I would be able to enroll in time enough. We shall see how things go when classes start. I am excited!

Whitley

It's a good school but they have multiple improvements to undergo. They have wonderful teachers but the curriculum is slightly dated. The opportunity to complete my bachelors degree has more value than words can describe. Completing my degree online gives me the ability to be with my children and shows them a good work ethic and what hard work leads to.

Dancie

If I have to speak honestly about the school and the people there I have to say that I love it. Everyone you meet is really driven to help you become a better student. They like to give back to the students and take nothing for themselves. It is an online school so you can't rate some of the items above which is a downside because the people just make you really feel like family.

Suzy-Jo

Independence University is awesome school to take online classes. They a lot to offer their students and back background checks for the medical field programs. They issue tablet to student before you take your classes. They have a tutoring support system and audio listening thru their portal system, it is very easy to sign in. I would recommend this school to anyone wanting to further their education. They Soar program that is free to students that need work on their math skills and English skills. I have really enjoyed taking computer, medical, English and math classes online. They have awesome dean of admissions advisor. They have great academic advisors and all types of programs to help to find jobs while going to school and after you graduate. They offer laptops after your third module when you are successful in getting a great GPA, like I have. When you graduate to get associate you get to keep your laptop which is very rewarding and special accomplishment. I really appreciate the teachers, they have awesome zoom lectures explaining each week’s assignments, assessment’s. They have inboxes so we Can message are teachers with concerns, or questions about assignments. They have a group discussion the school tries to let the students reach out to one another by replying at least a fifty word reply to two students two separate days of each week plus regular 150 words or more discussion with references, which are very important. I have enjoyed all the teacher’s comments and good self-criticism it has made a better student and has helped to work even harder independently.

Lynn

I am so glad that I decided to go back to college after 30 years. Anytime I may have a problem all I need to do is send out word to my professor and tell them what is wrong and they go through it with me otherwise I log in to the success center and get help through there.

Dixie

This school is a very well put together College, just wish there was more communication especially with the instructors for the online course. When it comes to the online course's trying to get anyone to call you back in the precise time frame is hard, and the free tablet sucks, however they do provide a laptop as well which seems to be very nice. The students are more helping and you will always have someone to help you out with getting through a class especially with their Facebook page.

Alexis

In my honest opinion, I absolutely love it. Everyone is so nice and genuine. The professors and advisors are always here to help. I just positively love my experience here. Everyone communicates with you throughout class and assignments. You can participate in group discussion and debates. The dashboard is organized neatly and professionally. This school is very comfortable to attend and will make your college experience amazing.

Crystal

I absolutely love this school, I have a team of people that are here to help me such as; my student services adviser, my faculty program adviser, my career services adviser, my financial adviser, and all of my instructors. I went into it not knowing what I was getting myself into, but every since I have been here for the past couple of months, it has been everything that I ever wanted in a great school.

Kelly

Easy to learn online. Faculty is very helpful.The courses are easy to follow along to. The courses offered are realistic to what has to be known in the field. I am proud to say I obtained both degrees from Independence University. I would recommend this University

Shawnee

I believe that my school is built for success and allows each and every student to have everything needed to succeed. There are no exclusive fees and the school provides students with a tablet and laptop. Not only do we have all the coursework and software installed into the device, but we get to keep them upon graduation. The entire faculty are all on the same page and ensure that no student is left behind and are willing to stay later to help students succeed. Not only are the faculty just employees but they are friends and family to each and every student that joins. In addition, they even offer incentives to the children of the students such as tutoring help.

Shameka

To me it is a great University I really like how there is always someone there to help out, I'm just so happy that not only did I have their help but they always at the time to check on you and make sure things it's all right with you and help out a lot with your own work or even if you have questions whenever you are confused about something so I like I said I like that everyone is always there for each other.

Omega

It's an online school with an amazing community and support staff. It's amazing to have the flexibility and support from the school.

The school is amazing, they are always trying to help no matter what situation you are in. They have your back no matter what. They call you when they see you struggling a bit or shoot you a email. They have so many resources to help you through your academic life.

Savanah

Great school and accessible!

Allysha

So far it's been a wonderful experience I've had lots or support, help, and motivators and my admissions consultant has been god sent!!. I'm very hopeful for my future and think I'll obtain the knowledge to become successful because I chose this college.

Tara

Independence University is a great school to go to. The staff and administration are fantastic and very friendly, they make sure you get help with whatever your need may be. The staff makes going back to school feel very comfortable, especially when you are an adult going back to school after having kids and not being in school since high school 18 yesterday ago. I've had a great experience with my college so far, nothing to complain about it great.

Dakotah

I overall, love this school. The flexiblity is amazing and there are so many sources to contact to get help in any class. They encourage students to think outside of the box and go over the grading criteria very carefully. They tell you your grade and why you got it. What to do to recieve a better grade in the future and how to get the best results out of the class.

April

My overall opinion is that I am extremely happy so far with Independence University. This is only my second module but so far the instructors have have been really really nice and supportive. the classes are not too hard and the students or classmates that I have met have been really nice and engaged in our discussion post as well as our instructors. So so far I'm enjoying my time with them.

Jaime

I haven't been here long, but so far the people are nice and my education and understanding is very important not just to me but also to my teachers and advisors. I am pleased to say I don't have any complaints.

Danielle

I haven't started classes yet, but am enrolled for online classes in July 2019, so I will not know what campus life is like. But everyone that I spoke with on the phone was very courteous and helpful as I was deciding what I would major in, to going through paperwork and orientation to dealing with all the financial stuff. They were very patient with me and called me back whenever I needed to go over an issue. I felt that I got to know them a little bit and they cared about the things happening in my life. They even remembered previous conversations we had and followed up on them. Independence University has some great advisers!

christopher

Great school, the staff are amazing. Best school I've been a part of ever. Also when you sign up for school they provide you a tablet for free and after 4 months of class they also give you a new laptop and you get to keep them provided you finish school. If you fail out or choose to leave without graduating you must give back the laptop and tablet. But its really nice that a school will send you all the tools you need to be successful.

Kristie

my overall opinion of Independence University so far is good. Having the opportunity to take classes on life and still be able to fully be a full-time mom to my two-month-old is a blessing. This college offers plenty of venues to help you succeed in school as well as for after graduation.