Ottumwa, IA
Indian Hills Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Indian Hills Community College

Audra

I think that Indian Hills gets a bad rap just because it is a community college, but honestly, I really love it. I love the class sizes. I love that the teachers take interest in your life. The staff is happy and helpful. Facilities are clean. Everyone that goes here and work here are generally good people that want you to succeed.

Keenan

its a great school to come here to learn. overall no matter what your going to get a great education because your professors push you to the max on learning. the people here are great. you will feel safe as always nothing to worry about. i give this campus an A+

Kaitlyn

There needs to be work done with communication from staff to students. That is the main issue I have heard collectively. Workers at the One Stop place are terrible at communicating what needs done and when, often leading to confused students and broke parents.

Rhiannon

I think its an affordable option for people in the community.

I think its an affordable option for people in the community.

Peter

I would say to study hard, but really enjoy every part of the college experience. That there is so many fun and interesting things to learn and exper.ience in college.

pretty location, good teachers, This wasn't the school I graduated from but I did get a certificate of completion in there welding program which I really enjoyed.

Astred

Thinking back when i was a senioe i was careless, I thought college would be the life, i figured indian hills would be great, considering they only have a four day week, and i thought it would be a piece of cake.. I was wrong, college is not what i expected, It was just like high school except harder, studying about two hours a day in high school to about seven hours a day is nothing. i figured i would have alot of free time, sadly all my time is dedicated to sports and studying. At first the four day week seemed perfect, it really quite isnt after a while.. indian hills is a great school, but if i could go back i would tell myself not to have high expectations, college is like a job. I Wish I Would of known all of this as a senior in high school.

Indian Hills is a great school, it's a school suited for everyone, its is very diverse. Indian Hills also has great programs, i've seen people from the ages of seventeen to sixty. It's is great talking to people from difference backgrounds. Indian Hills is a school that anybody would fall in love with.

Anna

If I could go back to my senior year and talk to myself I would advise that I get a small dog. When I started out in college I was in a large city that I wasn't even remotely familiar with and far from home. I had an apartment off campus so I lack the dorm experience and I had no family or friends in the area. Without a proper support system I dropped out by the end of the first semester. I think I would have been much better if I had had something to make me feel not so lonely. Small dogs are practical and provide enough emotional stimulation to help one feel not so alone. I learned this by accident when I adopted my 8 year old pomeranian, Pixie, on a whim. She is forever excited to see me even if I have just walked out of the room. College has been much easier because of her.

I think the best thing about my school is that it is small and more community oriented. The classes are also smaller so that instructors can have more time to help and be more acquainted with the students. It's a great please to start out if one is a bit nervous about the whole college experience because there is more one-on-one time with the insturctors.

Anyone who is unsure of what they want to persure as a career should start at Indian Hills. The transition into college is smooth and it is very active in the community by providing classes on a variety of subjects so people of all ages attend my school. It's a great place to test the waters before plunging in.

Cortney

My classmates are people that, while in high school, I probably would not have ventured out to get to know, but now i find them to be some of my closest friends and most important people in my life, and who I truly cherish for their many unique qualities that they offer.

Hey Cortney! Wow, it's pretty crazy--you're a high school senior. As you get ready to enter college this fall, I just want to tell you that you can stop worrying so much. You're classes and teachers are an adjustment, but it's defintely not something you can't handle, and I know that for a fact! And don't think you're going to get there and not know a single person!! There are people from all over that you know, but lots of other people left to meet. And guess what?! Some of those people will become your best friends. So when August finally arrives and you get settled into your new room, don't worry about whether you'll find your classes on time, if the teachers are easy to get along with, or who you'll sit with in the cafeteria because everyone else is thinking the exact same thing. So just relax and enjoy your last few months of high school because college will work out great. You're gonna love it! Best of luck, Cortney 1-11-10

I wish I had known that college isn't anything like high school. There isn't near as much pressure on academics, athletics, and you are free to be your own person with out having to conform to the preconceived idea of who you are supposed to be. There are lots of people and different types of people that you can befriend. There are so many more opportunities than high school so it just takes a matter time to find your own unique niche.

Cody

Enjoy the times with the friends you see daily and to not waste money.

Enjoy the times with the friends you see daily and to not waste money.

How the professors teach the classes I need to take and learn how they want use to know the things they teach.`

Small class size and more availability of professors.

Kaylie

I would tell myself to take the CNA class and Medical Terminology Class when I had the chance to. It would save me some money in the long run. I would tell myself to get started on college when I graduated so that way I would be ready to graduate this next year instead of just starting. I would tell myself to save up as much money as possible to pay for college classes instead of using financial aid.

The best thing about Indian Hills is that there are many programs to choose from. There are a lot of friendly staff there to help you make a decision that is right for you, and they help you as much as they can along the way. It's close to home, and easy to get around the campus.

I would say that the most frustrating thing is that there are so many students there, that I cannot ever find a parking space at most of the buildings I have classes at.

Indian Hills Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.