Fort Wayne, IN
Indiana Institute of Technology

My overall inpinion is that the state should make more schools like INdiana tech. I go to class online and it is so much easier than going to an actual class . There are sometimes that I wish I could go to an actual class but it's to far out of my reach . The teach breaks it down a lot though so I don't get discouraged .

Yamil

One tip that I would give myself is to never feel defeated; although, the obstacles are very difficult to exceed. Choosing a major is an important decision to make and it does not come easy. Parents and families play an important role in these steps; however, professional parents do not always guarantee that they upbringing of career oriented children. During the first two years of my college I was so worried. I had to take some general education subjects that in most of the cases were not interesting for me. I think the classes we should be required to take should focus on subjects related with our careers. I had to wait until my third year to receive the most interesting subjects. At the beginning it was hard, I do not know English language. Now I am a better student because I improve my English. When I finished my studies at MDC, I transferred to Florida International University (FIU) in order to finish my major. Every step I do is a step closer to my goal. I visualize myself as an animation designer working in a company where I can apply my ideas and my knowledge.

Karina

I would tell myself not to procrastinate and get my work done. To keep up on the reading for classes, and not to be lazy when it comes to reading the chapters. I would also tell myself make flash cards for my exams. Not to text in class and actually pay attention. When stressed take a break or even go out, but make sure to get my work done on time. Most of all to have fun!

Austin

Indiana Tech is a cutting edge, challenging and career oriented institution.

Indiana Tech is a cutting edge, challenging and career oriented institution.

As a college freshman having almost completed my second semester, there is one thing I would tell my high school self to learn before college. Good teachers will warn you throughout your high school career that developing good study habits will be crucial to college success. If I could go back I would start pressuring myself as early as possible to begin learning which style of study would be most beneficial. Many students (including myself) took these warnings for granted, instead relying upon the same lackluster procrastination routines that plague students everywhere. It is difficult for a frequent procrastinator to understand the importance of good study habits until the first or second college exam. A simple quiz that could have easily been passed with a “B” in high school may end up much lower without proper preparation. I firmly believe every student needs to develop study habits early on to succeed to the best of their ability in college and beyond.

IndianaTech has not procured the same attention that other institutions have. This can make it more difficult in the competitive job market of information technology.

Tameka

I've learned college isn't easy and it's not all about the parties and going out with friends. It takes alot of money to go and I don't want to feel like it was all wasted because I wanted to be a teenager and not be responsible. Not only am I attending college full time but I am also taking care of my 2-year old son and looking for a job. It's been valuable to attend because although my son is only 2 I want to be able to provide for him and myself without having to live paycheck to paycheck. Also, if you dont go to your classes you wont learn anything

Baily

Indiana Institute of Technology is best known for engineering. When walking through campus you can tell because there are so many technical things. We have computer labs where the computers can be projected to move down below the desks (in case the class doesn't call for computer use on a certain day) and when people clock in for work there are hand scanners to place your hand so it can send information that you have clocked in to computers. There is always something cool that the engineering students participate in.

Since I am in my first year of college, you would think that I have not gained much from my experience so far. This is wrong though; my professors have taught me so much in the 4 months I have been enrolled. I have learned that college is a different world than high school. It is a step into the real world and that means a step into competition as well. Everyone is there to receive an education and hopefully a job upon graduating. I have realized the person sitting next to me in my classes is there for the same reason as me, and that they will be applying for the same jobs as me in the future. This helped me learn not to fall behind or take anything for granted because the moment i decide to lay down, I know someone who I will be competing with for a job in the future will surpass me. I now take everything I do more seriously because everything will stick with me (both the good and bad). I learned also to be a more optimistic person. I believe in myself and the decisions I make. I will succeed.

The campus is BEAUTIFUL! It is definitely one of the reasons I decided to go to Indiana Tech in the first place. All of my professors are willing to meet one on one and discuss anything about school. They are helping me a lot and I have already learned so much. The buildings are all new or are being renovated. The dorms for students are nice as well; actually they are some of the nicest ones I have seen and I have visited a lot of colleges!

My college education is very valuable because its important to me to have a great future ahead of me. I would love to one day own my own salon. The thought of making someone feel great about themselves would be the best feeling! and with school I truely believe it will help me capture that dream.

Victoria

I have gained alot of knowledge from my college experience so far. Knowledge that i can use in my own life situations. Indiana Tech is valuable to me because it teaches me lessons that i need to know when it is my turn to get in the work field.

The best thing about Indiana Tech is the class size and the profesors knowing your name. The class size is semi-small so you get the one on one time with your profesor. Thats good for me because if i had a problem , I could go straight to my profesor.

The most fustrating thing about Indiana Tech is the tution. It is so high to go to Indiana Tech, I can barly afford it but its a great school.

Jordan

The school is really fun and challening at the same time.

The school is really fun and challening at the same time.

The school is best known for its technical business program in which students are alomost guaranteed a well paying job after graduation.

Out of my college experience so far, I have developed great study habits and learned time manangement. This school has helped me divide time between studying, practicing, as well as socializing.

Indiana Institute of Technology administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.