Indiana Institute of Technology Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Indiana Institute of Technology

David

The education provided is on campus is quality and with the work of the Academic advisory on campus students can work out fulfilling and flexible schedules.I think that is the best aspect but in my experience the problems I have had come from administrative issues like miscommunication or other problems.

Angela

I can't say much about this school because I do online courses. What I can say is that even though it's an accelerated program, the coursework is very manageable for a five-week term. Instructors vary and some aren't always easy to connect with, but others will give you their cell phone information so you can contact them easily. The grading system needs a little work because there's no uniformization to the course and the grades can range from any number. In classes where you have 125 points possible, there's little room for error on assignments or tests.

Amber

I love Indiana Institute of Technology, my mother graduated from here a few years ago and I plan to do the same next year. The professors are extremely knowledgeable most of my Criminal Justice classes have professors who work in the field. My academic advisors are awesome and I feel like the school has set me up for success.

Bre'Ana

Overall, Indiana Institute of Technology is an amazing and wonderful university to attend. My school has a variety of different ethnics and cultures all around the school such as African Americans, Europeans, Latin Americans, Native Americans, etc. You can become very involved in the school because the school offers a lot of clubs and sports. Also, it is not hard to meet friends because the ​majority of the students are friendly.

My overall inpinion is that the state should make more schools like INdiana tech. I go to class online and it is so much easier than going to an actual class . There are sometimes that I wish I could go to an actual class but it's to far out of my reach . The teach breaks it down a lot though so I don't get discouraged .

Bonnie

It's ok but they need to offer more accounting classes on Elkhart campus. The professors are great and they care about the students. The Dean goes out of her way to accommodate for the students education. The people in charge of the Institute don't look at the individual campuses to know what they need. They only look at the big picture.

Katelyn

Indiana Institute of Technology has an okay campus, nothing to write home about. The people are friendly for the more part. But everything is very unorganized, they don't send out things in enough time for you to act on them. As a student it is very frustrating to try and get things done when you don't even know that there are things to be done.

Kyaw

The best college in Fort Wayne! I can not wait to attend it this coming year. The soccer program is also one of the best in the are. I am ready to play and make my name known to my team mates and other teams around the Fort Wayne area. Overall Indiana Tech offers students many opportunities.

Alison

I love this school! There's always something to do, the class sizes are the perfect amount, everyone is nice, and I feel very safe there. The residence halls are all nice and all the buildings are clean and updated. The campus location is great being only two to three hours away from major cities like Chicago, Indianapolis, Detroit, and Columbus.

DeMarcus

The School is very nice and the campus is beautiful. The class sizes are small which help during class time. the food is not always the best but still good. I love it here, with the only exception being the financial aid/ business office can occasionally screw up and interacting with many of the other students is just like high school.

Jeffrey

It is a good school and I would recommend the school to my friends. I only go on campus to return my books or go see the finance aid or business office. I take all my classes online. The staff at the college are easy to talk to and are very helpful.

Andrea

I love Indiana Tech. In my opinion it is the best school to attend in Fort Wayne IN. I always recommend Indiana Tech to my friends. I have also in passing with a conversation with another person I have also recommended them to go to Indiana Tech if they have expressed they do not like where they are attending now.

Max

If you want to focus completely on Computer Science and technology, engineering, business, or sports it's great. Otherwise, it's not really recognized for anything else. The academics for again, engineering and IT are pretty good, but otherwise, it's not. It's hard to get involved on campus if you're a commuter. It's kind of a commuter school, where lots are just trying to get a degree while they work. That's the kind of school it is. I don't really care for it here, but there are some people who are nice. It's an over-regulated school. There's not much "academic" innovation. I understand, but it makes it hard for the forward thinking.

Jacqueline

GREAT I LOVE THIS SCHOOL. SINCE I HAVE BEEN ATTENDING THIS SCHOOL IT HAS MADE ME A BETTER PERSON. THE TEACHER THEY ARE TRULY THEIR FOR YOU AND ITS ALL ABOUT YOU. THEY ALL HAVE AN OPEN DOOR TO THEIR OFFICE. THE STUDENTS ARE WILLING TO HELP ONE ANOTHER WITH ANYTHING.

Amiah

Indiana Instistute of Technology, or Indiana Tech as most call it, is a great place for students to be themselves while learning who they want to be when they are older and in a career setting. It's a great to make friends, no matter how close or far away from home one is. It's just great.

Jordyn

The atmosphere is shockingly friendly. The small campus size with no lecture halls, allows for ample opportunities to bond with professors, staff and students. Many people of different cultures, and walks of life so you can learn about the world around you. Strong in athletics as a NAIA school with over 10 teams. Very glad I found a new home here at Indiana Tech

If you are looking for small class sizes and small campus Indiana Tech is a great option. Major specific classes often have less than 20 students. Professors typically know all their students. A majority of students participate in sports so professors are very accommodating.

Christopher

The best thing Indiana Tech has going for it is their smaller class sizes. The classes are much more personal when compared to the other colleges in the area, which has enhanced my learning. I have nothing but the utmost respect for my professors as well, learning is made enjoyable with them. The is a college that has a lot to do with sports, I'm not involved but I still feel welcome at Tech.

TANYARADZWA

I feel i am part of a community of people who look out for each other. I feel the school pride in all the students, I am an international student so feeling like i'm part of a family is what ultimately gets me through this experience and being at this school has done that for me. I am heavily involved and intend to get more and more involved so i can help other international students feel like they have a home away from home.

Joshua

The Indiana Institute of Technology makes an effort to make the learning personal. Class sizes are smaller, so students can talk to their professor's if they have any questions about the material covered. This environment is what makes the Indiana Institute of Technology unique, which gives students opportunities to succeed. Professor's at Indiana Institute of Technology are genuinely interested in their students and want to help them succeed. Each professor is always willing to listen and help students with their problems, granted if students are willing to put an effort into their work.

William

I have nothing but good things to say about Indiana Tech. The school year of 2018-19 was my first year on campus and the overall atmosphere had an immediate impact on me. The professors, coaches and other faculty are all top notch individuals. Tech has good morals and standards to keep this college atop the list of high profiled schools in the state.

Noah

Very nice place to start your college career. Some of the things such as price could definitely be seen as a concern for some. Indiana Tech is definitely made for anyone that wants to go into an engineering/computer science degree. May not be a good fit for degrees outside those.