Indiana University-Bloomington Top Questions

Describe a typical weekend.

Courtney

A typical weekend in Bloomington can consist of many different activities. For me, I don't have any classes on Fridays so I usually begin my weekend on Thursday nights. Nightlife here doesn't often begin before 10PM. If you're 21, you'll probably spend your nights at bars like Kilroys, Sports, Bear's, or the Bluebird. If you aren't of age, you'll generally attend parties at fraternities or in houses and apartments of friends. If you aren't in to the party scene, I usually like to see a free movie or go bowling at the Union. Kirkwood is also a great place to visit at night during the warmer seasons because of the variety of ethnic restaurants. Red Mango has been a popular attraction as well since last year because of its fresh fruit and healthy frozen yogurt options. In the fall, Saturdays are usually spent tailgating and enjoying an exciting game of IU Football, where as in the winter time, I usually take the day to run errands or get extra homework done. If I ever plan on staying in on the weekends, I like to rent movies from one of the dorm libraries because they typically have a pretty good selection to choose from.

Whitney

Most weekends, my friends and I split between silly things and going out. We almost always go to the bars or a party one night and do movies or scrapbooking the other night. And like all colleges Sundays are for study parties and library trips!

Devyn

At IU, about 50{4a082faed443b016e84c6ea63012b481c58f64867aa2dc62fff66e22ad7dff6c} of students opt to finish classes by Thursday, meaning Friday is the first day of the weekend. For me, an average weekend starts Thursday after my last class. I will start by heading to our Ballroom Dance club to dance for a few hours with friends, and then grab dinner. We may head back to someone's house to chill if it isn't past midnight by then. Friday, I'll sleep in, run some errands, maybe attempt some homework. Around 4, I'll hang out with friends. Our Friday activities vary by week. Sometimes we'll hit the mall, other times we'll go to a concert, or hold a movie marathon. Again, Saturday I'll sleep in, and hang out with friends in the afternoon, maybe play a prank on another friend or catch up on our favorite shows or play a pick up game of ultimate. Saturday nights seem to be our party night. We'll go out and dance until 3 in the morning. Sunday is for sleeping in, waffles, and homework.