Indiana University-Bloomington Top Questions

What's the dating scene like?

Bridget

The dating scene is pretty causal. Most people meet through friends, at parties, or through classes. There is a lot to do in Bloomington so dates can be the standard going to dinner, or you can go rock climbing or hiking or go to a musical or show. There are so many amazing restaurants in Bloomington that if you want to go out to eat with a prospective partner, there are a lot of fantastic places to do so - plus there's a variety of price ranges, ethnic restaurants, veg*n, etc. However, it is important to be upfront with your date about your expectations, relationship arrangements, because college dating/"seeing" is generally more open than high school.

Devyn

The dating scene is pretty open. No matter your sexual orientation, there is a scene for you. A majority of students meet their significant other at a party, in class, or through a friend. In my experience, I've always been introduced through a friend. Dating is generally pretty relaxed, you're more likely to spend time just hanging and watching a movie than you are going out to fancy restaurants every friday. Like most of the school, it's a very relaxed scene.

Devyn

The dating scene is pretty open. No matter your sexual orientation, there is a scene for you. A majority of students meet their significant other at a party, in class, or through a friend. Dating is generally pretty relaxed, you're more likely to spend time just hanging and watching a movie than you are going out to fancy restaurants every friday. Like most of the school, it's a very relaxed scene.