Richmond, IN
Indiana University-East

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Indiana University-East

Fixed  rate loan

Fixed  rate loan

M

The fees are very expensive for what you get, its overpriced because the fees only cover the tuition. On top of that you then have to pay for accommodation if you live to far from the campus to compute in each day, and then school supplies are daylight robbery as well. The text books cost an absolute fortune and sometimes aren't even used. A lot of the classes are online, so its like why have I even bother to come and pay if I just do it all myself anyway!

Matthew

Great school with great academics. I would recommend the school to anyone that is looking for a school to attend. They have great professors that are there to help their students learn. Easy access to and from classes as well as close on-site housing.

Mary

The professors are incredible and are always available to answer questions. I am very fortunate to attend this university! I am a transfer student from USF in Tampa and this was the only University I could find where I could complete my degree and my transfer credits were all accepted.

Chasity

I feel safe at school and I like how the classes are smaller I get more one on one help. I really like how much the professors are willing to help and how they give you their cell phone number so you can text them when your at home if you have a question you didn't think of in class.

Karlie

Going into college a semester late, I was nervous that I wasn't going to be able to find my place in school, but going to IU East complete changed my mind. The campus is so easy to navigate and the faculty is extremely helpful, from the professors to the campus police to the dean of students all the way to the cafeteria workers. IU East has given me a place to excel in my academics and my social life, with tons of resources and help centers along with many student activities. I have made lasting friends and life-long memories. I'm happy to say that IU East is the college for me.

Breanna

It is good if you are looking for a small campus. Mostly commuters go here so foot traffic on campus is light. Not a whole lot of events due to small size. Classes are small, but this means that there is usually only one section of each class especially in higher level classes.

Chase

I will start off by saying that 200 words cannot capture the magnitude of information I wish I could pass onto my high school self (I spent 46 words on this so I can account for the inauspicious brevity of my answer, I apologize for this.) First things first, be educated ABOUT college before you apply for college. I had very little help/support regarding how to pay for school and it has ruined me financially. Other things: be diligent, develop a thicker skin, channel your strengths into everything you do, eat better, don't forget to laugh, ad infinitum.

Someone who possesses 1) passion for a given subject 2) willingness to try and fail and 3) grit, because if you do stick it out, this school, while it may not even have been your first choice, will stay with you when your time here comes to an end.

Indiana University East is a small school in a non-major city in a state that is ranked 22nd overall in education by the Economic Policy Institute (EPI). There are limited financial resources, a complete lack of student housing, few dedicated study spaces, low interest in the arts, and a pituful library. However, there are faculty here who are passionate, esteemed individuals (I've studied under two Fullbright Scholars, an NEA Fellow, and a Pushcart Prize-winning writer) and who care a great deal about their students. Stick it out. The school is growing, be a part of it.

Cassidy

I wish I would have known how different life would be. It is a commuter campus, so I really wish I would have taken into account how awful it would be to drive 40 minutes to class every day. If I got a do-over, I definitely would have invested in an apartment near campus from the start to better integrate myself into the campus life.

I don't have classes on Fridays! This is one of the advantages of it being such a small school. There aren't many students so there isn't any need to jam every day full of classes to accommodate everyone. The other thing is that I have a personal relationship with all of my professors. They know us all by name, not by ID number.

Robert

My degree will be entirely online.

My degree will be entirely online.

I would say spend a significant amount of time meditating or reflecting on what kind of life you want to have, and what is important to you. Think in terms of what fulfills and satisfies you, or makes you feel complete. Fulfillment and satisfaction in life are what truly matter. As the old saying goes, "Do what you love, the money will follow". Don't be discouraged if you are not sure, it is perfectly OK to pursue a general college education until you have a better idea of what you would like to do as a profession. Realize that it is now common to enjoy more than one career, so even if you choose something you are later not happy with, you can always change. Use the resources at your college or university to get a better idea of what path will fulfill and satisfy you. Find mentors or advisors on campus that can help you find your calling and your true path. Be confident and move forward and do not be afraid to fail. Many of the greatest success stories of humankind began with failure - it is the tenacity to continue that determines success.

I've not encountered any frustrations with my school, as of yet.

Kortney

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself to take my classes more seriously. I would want myself to get the highest GPA possible and work hard to get as many scholarships as possible. I would also tell myself to take more college credit classes, even though I did take 2, I wish I would have taken more, because they definitely paid off.

The location, because I have to drive an hour to school twice a week. At one point, I had to drive an hour 4 days a week. If I could afford to live closer to campus I would, but unfortunately, I can't do that.

My classmates are sometimes helpful and are very smart.

Indiana University-East administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.