Richmond, IN
Indiana University-East

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Indiana University-East

Kortney

My classmates are sometimes helpful and are very smart.

My classmates are sometimes helpful and are very smart.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself to take my classes more seriously. I would want myself to get the highest GPA possible and work hard to get as many scholarships as possible. I would also tell myself to take more college credit classes, even though I did take 2, I wish I would have taken more, because they definitely paid off.

The location, because I have to drive an hour to school twice a week. At one point, I had to drive an hour 4 days a week. If I could afford to live closer to campus I would, but unfortunately, I can't do that.

Layne

As a school, I love the friendly attitude of this campus; unlike a large campus where you can be lost in the crowds, at Indiana University East you are a unique person who the teachers want to know and help succeed. In addition, Indiana University East also wants to hear what you have to say about issues that relate to the school. For example, over the past semester this school hosted an event entitled "What's Your Issue" and a "Chat with the Chancellor" where students could say what the liked or disliked about this campus.

If I could go back and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself three important things, which are the following: to not be afraid of the future since there are so many wonderful things that will happen in it, to keep close to the friends that matter since they are the ones that will stand with a person for life, and lastly, to never let mistakes stop an individual from achieving success. Looking back, I can still see that scared high schooler I used to be in 2010. As a freshman in college, I made mistakes and often feared for the future because I was not sure what would happen. As I have gotten older, however, I have begun to see firsthand how those mistakes shaped me into the twenty-year old girl I am today. In addition, I have also come to have a stronger relationship with three of my friends as a result of being forced to lean on them when I felt like I was not strong enough to get through a problem. Knowing what I do now, I honestly believe in the quote "never give up" because it really is true.

Personally, I like to brag about the friendly people and the teachers most often. As a freshman, I often had no clue what I was doing; however, the teachers and other faculty were there to help me when I needed it during freshman year. In addition, these teachers are willing to work with your schedule during the school year so that they can ensure course completion. I brag about this fact the most because it shows that this school will work with all students, whether they be the standard student or the non-standard student, by helping them to succeed.

Rebecca

Dear Self, I know you're thinking, in a scattered way, about going to college and even have a plan to do so. But one thing you don't know right now is that your head and heart are not in the right place at this time. You need to make an adjustment in that area, because I have seen the potential you have and what you will finally end up doing once you get your act together. It's a challenging but exciting change going from high school to college, but you are going to be so successful! The sky is the limit for you, and God has BIG plans for your life! Don't put them off. Switch gears in your mind, and pursue your dreams. They are more possible than you know now. Don't put it off. Keep going to the end, and show yourself what you're made of. You will soon have a child who watches every more you make, and she needs you. Soon it will be just you two, and she needs you! Go for it, shoot for the stars, and keep God in the center of your life. Love, Self.

The best thing about IU East is the well-rounded education and immense opportunities provided to the students. It was an experience that I will also treasure having been able to enjoy. Also, it's a non-traditional school in which a large number of the students are "older," like me. All ages are welcomed and expected. It was just an all-around outstanding place to go to school in a small community with an intimate feel to the atmosphere. It's very difficult to tell just one thing that I liked best.

I brag about the fact that my school is right in our community, very close to home, and that it was "handy" for me to earn my degree because I didn't have to quit working or being available for my daughter. No matter what the circumstances to the people in this area, they can go to school and be successful. There are no good excuses or reasons why it won't work for anyone.

Chris

A sense of self identity. Before I enrolled into community college, I thought I was ready to experience the extraneous and difficult aspects of college life. I ignorantly thought community college was going to be a walk in the park, for it was only a small stepping stone for my quest to enroll at a university. Unbeknownst to my assumption I was clearly mistaken. From the 2 years I have spent here in community college, I have learned that nothing is handed to you, hard work is always rewarded and sleepless nights and numerous amounts of studying is the norm, for an average college student, regardless if they are enrolled in community college or a university. Lack of preparation and punctuation will not be tolerated, and you will fail if you do not take school seriously. Attending school does not only increase one’s life opportunities, but the lessons you learn of being a successful student prepares you for life. Attending school itself is a valuable life experience itself. College has allowed me to truly locate my self-identity and to realize at a young age that no matter how ignorant I may, I must always remember to work hard.

Renee

My college experience at Community College of Vermont has been excellent. There are small classes which helps me have a better understanding of what is going with less distractions and more one on one time with the teachers.

Mariah

I've wanted to go to college my whole life. It was everything I ever dreamed about, and I have hinged my entire future and existence on college. Attending college has taught me not only about science and history and math, but it has also opened my eyes to my own character. I have learned who I am from my years in college. I know now that I am a history buff. I didn't know that before. I also learned that if I really want something, I have the determination and perserverance to obtain it. I have always known that college would not be a walk in the park by any means, but I have learned that I don't mind it. I like the hard work and I like the challenge. Most importantly, college has given me the most valuable gift possible: hope for the future. It has given me a future to look forward to, and a career that I am excited to begin. I love college, and desperately hope that I am able to continue and finish it so I can start my career and get my life on track. Thank you for this opportunity.

I recieved my CNA at NWTC and was able to find a job to support myself and now want to continue my education. I am currently getting job experience working at a nursing home and would like to get my bachelor degree in science of nursing. College is very important because in order to get a job these days you need to be educated and certified or have a degree. It is valuble to attend not only because of the job security, but it shows that you are hard working and it gives you the tools you need to be sucessful in your life and career.

Julie

My school has a great setting and the kids who attend this school are kind to each other and don't mind to help someone out who is having trouble with a class. The proffessors are always available and willing to give time to help .

I have learned that you are never too old to go back to school. There are many older students at my college. This has made me very comfortable in my return to school. There is a lot of encouragement from the younger students as well. They are eager to tell you that you belong just as much as they do. I have recommended that my best friend go back to college, and she has enrolled this fall. So far, she is having a good experience as well.

The bookstore won't give you your money back on books they gave you for a class and it's the wrong book. This is about the worst thing about my school.

Peyton

The wide range of people...everyday I learn something new about a classmate that I would have never guessed. Everyone is in different stages of their lives and it is inspiring to see that.

My advice would be to focus and not worry about things that are out of my control because that definitely causes stress. Also, to just enjoy life and have a good time. Expect only the best from life and the universe will grant you with all things good.

The feeling of a small school, but actually getting an education by a university.

Indiana University-East administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.