Gary, IN
Indiana University-Northwest

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Indiana University-Northwest

Christopher

It's reputation as a really easy school bothers me. I believe the professors do a good job at challenging the students and empowering them to do the best they can do.

There is a lack of community. IUN is a commuter campus, so there are a lot of people who just want to go in, do their classes, and go out. They don't want to make this place more fun. There is also less socialization between students than I would like. However, IUN does realize this, and I appreciate its attempts to bring us together as a campus.

Kori

I wish I had known more about myself and how I perceive those around me and my environment. I also wish I had known more professors before coming here.

The worst thing about the school is finding my car in the parking lot.

Dakota

My classmates are academic driven, fun, smart-loving people.

My classmates are academic driven, fun, smart-loving people.

Dakota, I am sending this letter to you from the future and yes, I am you from the future. I am giving you some advice on how the transition to college should be taken to make it the most appealing for us. My first words of advice are to join as many community and social clubs as possible! Any club that has an opening or any volunteering opportunities, you should sign up for it. During my freshman year I wish I volunteered even more than what I had. Giving back to the community is extremely important and you should balance what you can with your studies. More advice would be to never wait until the last minute to do anything. Always give yourself plenty of time to complete assignments. So again Dakota, sign up for extra curricular activities and meet lots of like-minded purpose driven friends! Study a lot and keep school as your number one priority. Do not forget to call your family at least once a week to check in and let them know you are doing well. Above all have fun and try your best. Enjoy meeting new people and get involved!

It is a very friendly school and every student is very proud to go here. The campus is nice and the library is orderly. I brag about the nice teachers and the classes available. The location is very nice as well.

Katelyn

“Advice to High School Self” Dear High School Self, There are so many things I’d like to tell you! One of the most important things is STUDY! And then study some more! I cannot stress that enough. Also, you need to learn better study techniques; because college is a lot harder than high school. There is no time to fool around in college. YOU are the key to your success, with the support of your amazing family. Another thing, you need to spend more time with your family. They are there to support you and help you through anything. Don’t take them for granted. Also, you should know that going to school full time and trying to work full time is a horrible idea. I learned the hard way. So please, do not do it. School should always come first! That is the only way you will be getting to your dream career. One last thing, please do not stress yourself out. You will not be helping yourself. Take a study break and relax by yourself or with friends. Please heed my warning! Love, College You!

I love the faculty at my school. They're always willing to help in any way they possibly can.

I brag about how friendly everyone is. Anytime I've needed help someone offered. The school really does care about each student.

Advise to myself would be to get involved, and loosen up. I would tell myself to go to the football games, and basketball games. Then I would have a chance of having my picture around the school more. I would tell myself to join as many clubs as I could. That sort of stuff looks good on college applications and resumes. And, clubs can often lead to employment opportunities in the future. I would tell myself to loosen up a little, take a step out of my comfort zone and talk to new people. It never hurts to branch out. Most of all, I would tell myself to work harder on scholarship applications, because college isn't free. Scholarships are a great way to get through college, and onto a career. And, I would tell myself to work harder on my school work, so that I could get that desireable 4.0 gpa that is more than possible. If I knew then what I know now, I would be a better me.

Laronte

If I can go back in time as a high school senior I will tell my self to work hard and do things on time so I can be ahead of waht I want to do when I finish school and save up money for my college.

zephyr

I would explain to myself what a difficult life I created for myself. I would tell her how through a misguided yearning for a 'free' lifestyle (where I moved wherever I wanted on a whim, or went travelling with no direction) led me to 20 years of low paying jobs, no sense of security, low self-esteem, and nothing to show for years of work. It is true that with adversity comes strength and a sense of appreciation for what is important in life. However, while my experiences contributed to the person I am today, I could not say in truth that it was worth the sacrifice of what I consider now to be a better life; one which would allow me stability and security for myself and my mother whom I now take care of. I would tell her that a good education and a college degree will lead her down a better path in life, one where she can use her creativity to make a positive impact on the world, and one which will reward her not just with a sense of security, but also a true sense of accomplishment.

Andrea

I would advise myself to work harder not only in school for even better grades, but also work harder in my personal life as well as professional life. I look back now and realize just how much money I could have saved for school that I did not save. If I could go back and spend a day with myself I would definitely explain the consequences of not having a set financial plan to get through school. I would also impress on myself the importance of only using what you need financially instead of taking what is available. The most important thing I could impress on my self at that age would be to not let anyone discourage me from continuing my persuit to better myself and stay in school no matter what excuses people may try to use against school, also school takes time. Nothing happens over night and to be patient, better things will come when it is time.

Courtney

To not wait so long to figure out what i want to do with my life i've already changed my major once i would of liked to not have had to do that but the first thing was not the my desire, Teaching is. And to not think im going to have all the money in the world from FASFA and i should of started appling for scholarships in high school.

Someone who is not 100% commited because there just going to fall behind and most likely end up quitting.

That the work is sometimes to much and it gets very frustrating to try and get it all done and turned in on time.

colleen

HIgh School was everything i thought it would be. Everything that is portrayed in movies and books, that i have been watching and reading forever. Hanging out in the hallway, laughing at lunch, joking around inbetween classes, dating and drama as well as seeing kids I have known since first grade doing drugs behind the building before class. Its hard to take highschool seriously. Now in college, everything is different. I love it. I pay attention in class and no one bothers me with who is now dating who. I go home and read my books and I feel like this is what I have been wating for all those years I spent in a classroom where my classmates goofed off and my teacher handed out busy work. College is unpredictable. College is a job i am paying to do and a job that i love. One day i will be a college graduate and become someone sucessful, someone who people will pay to do a job that im sure I will love. A job I may even love more than I love college.

Indiana University-Northwest administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.