Indiana University of Pennsylvania-Main Campus Top Questions

Adam

I think the amount of, for lack of a better word, things, that are available to students. The univeristy itself feels almost like a mini-city, and definitely offers more than just learning. With the extensive student activities and clubs that are available, the various dining halls, events such as concerts and comedians that are offered all the time, it really feels like this school offers more than just an eduction to it's students, and that's something I think is really unique about it.

Dean

What's unique about my school is the freedom on campus and the classes they offer. Indiana University of Pennsylvania offers a variety of language courses that most colleges do not offer. Indiana University of Pennsylvania has a dry campus and does not allow drugs or alcohol to be used at all. This makes the campus safe and more about academics but still provides a degree of freedom.

Nathan

What makes my school unique compared to other schools is the suite-style dormitories that are offered. It gives students more personal space in their living quarters.

Maria

Indiana University of Pennsylvania has a beautiful campus and most halls encompass a beautiful park area called the Oak Grove. Weather permitting, most students choose to study and hang with friends there. It was definitely a part of my decision to attend IUP.

Kristine

I only considered two other schools, one as a back up and the other as a contender. I was in North Carolina at the time and had not got the chance to visit any college in Pennsylvania. Honestly, what I was drawn to was the business college, Eberly College of Business and Technology, because it had showed up in a book of the best colleges of the year of my old high school professor. I thought since Eberyl was highly accredited that it was worth it.

Jocelyn

I think the kindness and helpfulness of the teachers is unique. The school has the a large enough population that it would seem like the teachers wouldn't take the time to help their students, but my professors have opened many doors for me to develop professionally, and I am very thankful for that. At the same time, they are also focused on developing professionally, which I think is a great example for those of us interested in academia.

Mara

The teachers have good connections around the area for internships and future jobs. They are also relatable and easy to talk to. If I had chosen to go to another college, I would not feel as confident about my future.

Vittoria

IUP has an amazing campus. The suites make you feel like comfortable, compared to dorms at other schools. It is also close to home for me. I enjoy being able to see my family whenever I want.

Lora

My school is a FAMILY! There are all kinds of races and ethniticities. Most people are so far away from home it forces them to step out of their comfort zone and get to know others that one normally would not talk too. IUP prepares you for real life situations.

Jesse

I LOVE IUP and so will you DO NOT LISTEN TO DUMB PEOPLE who say all we do is party. They are wrong.. IF all you want to do is party then you will flunk out of school which is why only INTELLIGENT people graduate! CHEERS TO THOSE WHO ARE SMART. If you want to waste your college life away by being plastered you can do it here but if you want a fantastic education and great college life that is EASILY achievable at IUP. COME SUPPORT YOUR CRIMSON HAWKS>>>>> IUP, IUP, IUP WOOHOOO <3

Shane

The nursing program that I am currently enrolled in has a 96{4a082faed443b016e84c6ea63012b481c58f64867aa2dc62fff66e22ad7dff6c} NCLEX pass rate for graduating seniors.

Rachael

The atmosphere...everyone is so nice and welcoming. It is so much better than high school. I just love it there!

It is a small campus with a lot of fun people. The teachers are mostly enthusiastic about helping your learning experience and also leading you into a successful career.

Allie

Come to IUP and you'll never wanna leave. We have a beautiful, gorgeous, rustic yet polished campus that is beautiful by day- and a hotspot at night. Friendships, scholarship, and recreation is what we're all about.

Kerri

I believe an immensly unique trait about my school is the "welcome home" feeling you get when you're here. The first time I visited here I felt right at home and fell right into place. Some schools you go to, you can feel distant or different, but here you don't feel that at all.

Joanne

What is unique about the college I plan to attend is the course work schedule. Our groups will meet one weekend a month. The co-hourt will also meet two different weeks in the summer to study the necessary course work to reach our MACEL in 14 months. The Master's program focuses on meeting needs of working teachers. I will be able to continue working and taking care of my family while attending a Master's program.

Corey

IUP was unique in a sense that it was very easy to fit in and "find yourself". The small, quaint campus made it easy to meet most people that attended the school which made it easier to feel at ease with such a big step in your life.

I had once considered going to school in Pittsburgh but I decided to go to IUP. IUP really isn't that unique. Compared to schools in Pittsburgh, IUP just has more scenary and a more country like feel to it.

Ariana

The most unique thing about my school is actually the environment. Indiana is such a small town and there?s not really very much here, I think this is what brings people closer together. My school is also located in the mountains, so the weather is always changing and it gets extremely cold here. It?s a great conversation starter and everyone can relate. It rains quite a bit also, I don't think any other school could compete with the scenery and thrill that Indiana provides.

Shermain

What I believe is unique about these university is everything because it goes from different religions, different cultures, different view of politic, everything is different. I love that becuase the student feels free to express them self with out being judge by everyone even know there is some people that still judge others. This school brings so many things toward it students that most of us walk out with many job opportunity and specially with life long friends that are always there for you.

Narren

I like my current school compared to my previous school because a few different reasons. One being its a lot bigger in size and student population. ,i I aslo like my shcool because they provide the students with different oppurtunities to earn scholarships and programs to be in which is beneficial for new and old students. One last thing I like about the school is that it is very diversified and I get to see and hear different points of views from many different people whereas at my old school there was only one point of view.

I love Indiana University of Pennsylvania because it offers close relationships with faculty and many research oppurtunities. I enjoy the small classrooms because it allows me to speak my mind without my voice being lost in the crowd.

It is such a diverse campus and yet everyone fits in. Most classes are small and include everyone in the learning environment.

Nathan

My school is always under construction. There is always roads blocked off and construction being done to our facilities.

Alyssa

It was more afforable than a private college. It had a 3+1 program, which would allow me to puruse my undergraduate degree for 3 years. After my first year of dental school, up to 30 credits would transfer back to IUP, and I could graduate. Also, IUP is affiliated with Temple Dental School.

Danielle

Its the perfect size not too big not too small. It has civilization around it if you need something its here although its not a huge city. If you live in Pittsburgh Pa its just the right distance to go home occasionally but is far enough away to not have to worry about your parents showing up uninvited.

Kayla

IUP is unique compared to other school, I think, but of it's location. It's in such a small town that during the summer, its virtually dead.

Warren

Well my school has a very good student to teacher ratio, eventhough over the last two years we have more students attending our school, and IUP is a great place to be. You meet friends that you will have for the rest of your life, and it keeps you away from home, which is a good thing for most of us students.

It is small, but you get a well rounded and great education. The professors will even give out their cell numbers so that you can have access to them at all time.

Melissa

They have great RA's and living learning communities. They also get everyone involved and have a ton of activities for the students.

tajia

it is in the middle of nowhere but you can walk or drive a few miles down the road to get to the mall or to go out to eat.

Kimberley

They are remodeling all of the dorms.

Melissa

The Honors College is very intensive and community-based rather than just a series of honors classes.

Doris

We have a lot of international people ranging from the professors to the students

Indiana University of Pennsylvania?s Eberly College of Business, is accredited by the AACSB and is consistently ranked in The Princeton Review as one of the top business schools in the nation. Eberly College of Business has one of the largest business internship programs in Western Pennsylvania and also gave me the best value for an exceptional education.

rebecca

They actually have nice dorms and offer a lot of extra cirrucular activities so you are never bored.

Tristan

IUP alumnus and YouTube co-founder Chad Hurley talks about getting his start.

Tristan

Students share experiences from IUP's Robert E. Cook Honors College.

Mark

All in all, if you can apply yourself well, and balance studies versus entertainment well, you will do well here. If you party too much, you will not do well

Andy

WELL...HOW ABOUT WE HAVE THE BEST OF THE BEST!!!...LOL....I LOVE EVERY ANGLE OF IUP...FROM THE OAK GROVE...TO THE AMAZING BUILDINGS THAT ARE EMERGING RYT NOW!!!...THE BEAUTIFUL SUITES....EVER FELT LIKE YOU WERE STAYING IN THE HILTONS...BUT THE ONLY DIFFERENCE BEING , INSTEAD OF BEING IN THE JACUZZI YOU ARE LYING ON YOUR BED TRYING TO FIGURE OUT WHY CALCULUS WAS INVENTED IN THE FIRST PLACE!!!:-)

Adam

Come get crunked with us and you will understand and chances are not want to leave

Crystal

Jimmy Stewart is a big deal here! He graduated from IUP. There is a museum about him and they even named a road after him. I had to ask who he was before I attended school, I feel like a moron now for not knowing, major film actor. I suggest watching his movies; they’re pretty good. Anyway, if one IUP graduate can make legendary status, there is hope for the rest of us!

Meghan

We have a lot of squirrels.

N/A

I was proud to have been an IUP student.

Jesse

IUP is an awesome school, and everyone who goes there calls it home.

Casey

I LOVE IUP!!!!!!

Tate

Overall I love IUP. It's been a great experience so far and I've made friendships that will definitely last a lifetime! I can't imagine myself anywhere else.

Robin

IUP is the best school for me and I never want to leave. I'm thinking about going to grad school there to get my masters in Sport Administration.

Owen

IUP has been a great experience, I would recommend this university to anyone who is wanting to get a quality education at a great price on a beautiful campus while still being able to relax and have fun!