Indiana University of Pennsylvania-Main Campus Top Questions

What is the stereotype of students at your school?

Jesse

Party friendly, fun, intelligent, like every other college kid

Allie

We usually party. Which is true, however we have a lot more to offer than just a great party scene. The faculty and staff here at IUP really do an excellent job of providing us with a good education. The "Hometown Hero's" are the kids who grew up in Indiana, and are stereotyped as the ones who will never get out... Not true. Maybe we just see what's in front of us and want to take advantage of the opportunity? As well as a ton of good parties and fun.

Robin

The stereotype of the typical mainstream IUP student is rural pennsylvania who knows how to drink and like to party. IUP has a reputation for being a big party school with people who go out every night of the week. The stereotype of the IUP Honors College is a bit different. The Honors College is known for housing quirky students who often do not party, stay in the dorm, and like art, theatre and sarcastic humor.

Mark

IUP is stained with the reputation of a "party school." A lot of people think that IUP has lower academic and admission standards that a lot of other colleges.

Andy

Party people who do not learn anything or excel!

KJ

They have alot of parties and activities for the students to be involved in.

huge partiers

Adam

We party alot another one is that we party some more and the last one would have to be we party

Jenna

That it is all drinking all the time.

Crystal

I Usually Party is a common acronym for IUP. It is known for it's partying. Many people belittle the education of IUP students due to the school's party reputation.

Meghan

That IUP is a party school, period. I Usually Party.

Its a party school

IUP is the party school. IUP is for dumb people. IUP is the school for education majors.

Jesse

All we do is party, or that we are not smart enough to get into a "good" college.

krista

that its a party school. the sports suck and the girls are whores

Tate

One stereotype is that IUP is a big party school where everyone drinks all the time.

Robin

That IUP is a complete and total party school, but in reality every school is a party school no matter where you go. It's all about who you want to be around and who you want to be friends with. The IUP student might not be the "brightest in the bunch" but they are smart. They might slack off but all school will have those slackers.

Owen

It is typically said that IUP is a party school.

Shane

They aren't very smart and they all like to party a lot.

party school

Alex

That everyone drinks and parties alot.

Dave

If you're from PA, then you probably already know that IUP is considered one of the worst party schools ever. If you're not from PA, then that's what people think about IUP. People also think that IUP isn't that great of a school academically just because of this reason.

Alyssa

its known as a party school

Katie

The party life. While IUP has some amazing parties, every college does too. You'll party hard no matter where you go, and I know because I was at IUP, then transfered to Temple University, but still favored IUP, so I came back after my freshman year, but IUP does have a different feel. The parties are more welcoming to whoever. We just care more about drinking as much as possible and getting trashed when we party rather than whats everyone elses business. But its not all about partying, thats just one of the main things people think of when they hear 'IUP'. There are a ton of people that I know that don't really drink at all and they love it here. IUP is just an awesome place...I could stay here forever if that was possible! ha

Patrick

IUP is a party school the kids that attend IUP aren't smart

CJ

The most common stereotype is that they are partiers and it is a party school.

Dan

That we all have STDs and that we party nonstop. Everytime I tell someone I go to IUP they always kinda give me that head nod like "ooowe i hear thats a big party school". They say that it is really dangerous and that the cops are really big assholes to students and that you get arressted all the time.

Mel

Big time drinkers

Kate

That we are a drinking school.

Adam

IUP is supposedly the biggest party school with criminals and lets anyone into the door that is a reject, and there are alot of black people that cause crime and are there on grants that fail out after a year.

Heather

parting

Kelly

they party and drink too much.

It's a party school --party students.

heavy drinkers

Christina

Big party school, made up of alot of local student

Jesse

Stereotypes, are no doubt that IUP is a #1 party school. I haven't heard many rumors of IUP students, other than they might not be too intelligent because state schools are very easy to get accepted into.

The website and the ROTC really showed IUP as a place seaching and exploring a whole set of new ideas which would benefit students. I was very excited to have such an open environment to start the next chapter in my life.

Molly

Drinking college. It is cheap, so people assume it is not a good school. Party school.

Tanya

That all we do is party.

Bridget

IUP is a "Party School". The Honors College students are snobs.

Danielle

Party school.

Dylan

Party school, easy university to get accepted into, easy classes

Blake

Party Animals. Easy as pie professors. The university at community college level.

When I first told my fellow peers that I was attending IUp many of them said, "That's just a part school", all they do is party and drink, hopefully you don't get caught up."

Vick

I've heard alot of people say that IUP Students party alot.

David

The biggest stereotype is that IUP is a party school.

Whitney

IUP is well known for its parties and the students are well known for their love of said parties. Which mostly involves drinking alcohol.

KJ

The largest stereo-type about my school is that it is a "party school". Our school has its fare share of parties but so does every school. There aren't really any stereo-types that I am aware of aout the students.

Party school drop outs

Alex

Partiers