Indiana University of Pennsylvania-Main Campus Top Questions

Egypt

The advice that I would give to myself would be to pay more attention to subjects such as Math and Science. They are very important subjects for the college process. I would also advise myself to do more research when choosing a college.

tatum

I would tell my high school senior self to apply to scholarships now and don't wait and to study more because your grades do count. Since being at college, I have learned that people take their grades very serioulsy and in order to do well and keep your grades up you have to cut time out from hanging with friends and staying up at all hours of the night hanging out. Your grades effect you in the future more than you know and being away from home for the first time can be fun but you have to take responsibilty for yourself and own up to your mistakes.

The advice I would give myself would have to be do not give up to easily also I would have to tell myself move at your pace, not everyone else's. I didn't go the traditional route as everyone else, I graduated high school in 2011 and worked because I saw how expensive school was and I started when I was ready. I was not excited about college when I was fresh out of hig school but now I am, so if I could go back in time and talk to my old self I tell me don't let others pressure you into going because they want you to do better, you have to want it yourself so go when you are ready.

Create the person you want to be every single day. Take control every morning and choose to be happy and accept yourself for who you are. One morning you’ll wake up and not question the identity you’re creating, but until that day make each new day count. Stay true to yourself. You make mistakes, but each and everyday starts new and fresh, those mistakes are in the past. Last but not least, ask questions. No one will ever be able to tell you all the answers, but the journey to find out is sometimes more important than the question itself. Be patient and appreciate that you are living life everyday, enjoy it!

If I could go back and share my wisedom of what I know now, I would tell myself to start saving as much money as i can now. If I dont need it to survive in this world, then do not buy it. The second piece of advise that I would give myself is, be careful of who you hang out with. If something doesnt feel right, fallow your guit, because it tends to be right. And the last piece of advise would be, enjoy yourself, go out and have fun, but always remember school comes first. You are going to college for an education, not a socail life.

Jorge

Make a better effort to connect with the professors. Their input and collaboration are a necessity.

Cathryn

If I could go back, I would give myself the same advice that every wise adult gave me at the time... college is mandatory for a comfortable future. I am 35 years old and I am now getting back to college. There are days it is impossible because life keeps happening. I wish someone had explained to me that by 28 the wiz-kid syndrome wears off; and there is no such thing as a wiz-man. Great job prospects force you to compete with people who are smarter, faster, younger and have more flexible time schedules than you. They are armed with resume as impressive as yours and a degree may be the one thing that gets you the job you want instead of your second (or 5th) choice. Not only is it an education, but it proves to employers that you have stick-to-itiveness, which is the number one quality every employer wants to see.I would say that I know first hand how hard it can be with no diploma. I also know first hand that if you wait to get your education, the opportunity to may not be there next time you look.

Viviana

Knowing what i know now about college life and making the transition the advice i'd give senior me would be take things seriously. My whole high school years i took it as a joke and never really considered it to be as important as i thought; but i was really wrong. I really wish sometimes i could go back and just really start thinking the way i think now. I went from thinking like a child to really thinking like the adult that i've become. Which is why i'd make sure i didn't slack off my senior year, and not skip class whenever i didnt feel like going because i was only hurting myself and not anyone else.

Regan

I would tell myself to take all of the AP tests that I qualified for and to study for them as much as possible. I didn't take any of the AP tests I qualified for and I regret it. I would have been able to opt out of two gen eds if I had gotten a high enough score. I would tell myself that even though I am afraid to leave home, just do it. If you don't, you'll end up transferring later. I would remind myself that I am intelligent and can handle college.

Ciera

Money is a requirement when going to college. Everything has a price, tuition, books, food, laundry, etc. Back in high school I failed to fill out as many scholarship applications as I could. Thinking back now that is one of the main things I would say I regret. If I would have put more time into filling out scholarship applications as I did on social networks or just lounging around I probably would be going to school for free. I didn't know how stressful it could be worrying about where the money for my tuition is going to come from until now. I now apply for as many scholarships as I can so that I won't have to take out as many loans to pay for school.

Academically, college is very different than high school, so I would tell myself to reflect on the best ways that I learn. In college, it is your responsibility to take your education into your own hands, which goes beyond attending classes and studying. Be wholly committed to your education both inside and outside of the classroom and embrace opportunites with fervency! You need to actively seek your interests and learn through your experiences as well. Take the opportunity to study abroad, get a job off campus, learn a foreign language, work in a hospital, take a class unrelated to your major out of sheer interest, or involve yourself in community service. Chase after anything that you're interests you, because there is so much room for growth here, and you have only four short years to take advantage of it.

The advice i would give myself back in highschool would be to get more involved. In highschool, i pretty much went to school, came home and did my homework, and did the same thing over again everyday. I wish that i got involved in way more clubs and organizations in highschool because i think extracurricular activities in high school can help you transition into extracurricular activies in college. I know for me I can be very shy. So joining clubs in college was a little hard because it hard for me to meet knew people. Also I would tell myself to begin looking for scholarships well before you even attend college. Everyone says go to college, but college is not cheap. I for one really wanted to go to college and im glad i do, but its also hard to make sure you have enough money to pay for it. I wish I started looking for scholarships earlier because they do help. I just want to be able to go to college, get my degree, and start my career. In order to fullfill my dreams I have to make sure that i can pay for college.

Steviekay

If i was able to go into the past to tell myself what college is going to be like then i would tell myself that I should pay atytention to everthing the Professor is saying and every ounce of homework should be done before the due date. I would tell myself to be early for classes and go to classes I weightlisted into because someone might not show up and I can take there spot. The advice i would give to myself for transitioning into college life style is to stay the same no matter what. Also that if you are you, you are going to make plenty of friends. Taking every oprotunity that is handed or found. The things the college has to help you should use it to all of you advantages. All in all I would tell myself not to worry that everything will go fine as long as I work hard. The outcome is decided on how much you want you outcome goal to look like.

Honestly I would tell myself to worry a little less, in high school I was so worried about getting into a good college, moving away from home, financial issues, grades, what major to pick, what life would be like living on a dorm, if my classes would be hard, basically everything I could think of. After moving in and beginning the fall semester, however, I really noticed that there wasn't a whole lot to worry about, and especially given all the resources offered to the students, whether it be tutoring or office hours, I realized now that I was worrying a little too much, with the only real concern now being financial issues. Most other issues though, I realize now aren't as bad as I thought they were going to be, and that's something I wish I had known earlier so I could have put my mind at ease.

Dean

Assuming I could go back and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would give myself a lot of important advice but there are 2 main points I would tell myself. The first thing I would tell my younger self to get involved in more extracurricular activities and sports. I was never into sports as a kid and I believe a lot of my physical shortcomings are because of that. If I was in sports I would have been to interact with different people and become a lot stronger physically as a person. Another important thing I would tell myself is to try to be better at math from a younger age. I have always struggled in Mathematics and this has made it tough for me to do well in all my math classes throughout school. If I was better at Mathematics I would most likely have a way easier time through college. I feel as a Computer Science major I have a vast disadvantage to many other students taking the class as I am not good at Mathematics. I always pull through in my classes, but it is a constant struggle for me during school.

KyHir

If i could talk to 17 year old me as a senior in high school, firstly i would be amazed. I would tell myself some things involving positivity, to keep his head up and dont get easiy discouraged just because something is a little more difficult than things im used to. I would also tell myself to go to school open-minded and open up some more. Also the very most important thing i would have told myself is to focus and work hard, apply what you learn and be dedicated.

I know that I would tell myself how different my life would be once I got to college. I’d tell myself that dating someone 2 years younger then I wasn't the right decision going into college. Now going into my senior year of college, I know I would tell myself to try harder and get better grades in high school so I could maybe get more help paying for college. I think the most important thing I would tell myself in high school is how important it is to enjoy the time that you spent away at school instead of being lonely and going home every-other weekend. My 21 year old self looks back at the 18 year old me and I see someone who was completely unprepared for what life has to offer when you get older. I think I would tell myself that it's ok to be scared about life and that if you don't know what you want to do it’s o.k. to take a little time to figure it out. I know I’ve learned a lot sense I left high school and grown into myself.

Rosemarie

Even in my young age of 22, I sometimes find myself thinking, "Wow. If only I knew that then..." College, being one of those topics. I would tell myself that though high school may have prepared you academically, the social norm of "trying to fit in" doesn't apply in college. College is this great new world were popularity contests are few and far between. If you have a story, people will listen. Differences are more celebrated than looked down upon. This is your time to explore. Jump in! Have fun, learn something new everyday, meet all kinds of people, try new things, find out who you truly are and the impact you want to leave in this world. Yes, you are starting something new. It can be scary, and you still will encounter those seemingly impossible people who will try to bring you down at times. But you'll be able to handle that too, because you'll start to feel confident in this great person you're discovering: yourself. Whatever dispositions or insecurities you feel or have felt, you can start to let go. Know that being yourself, is equivalent to being great.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself, I would tell my self to work harder to find scholarships. Sometimes it can be hard to take on student loans with the rising rate of student loan interests.

If I was able to talk to my high school self, I would tell myself that college isn't as easy as I think it is going to be. It is very tough and requires a lot of work in order to succeed. I would tell myself to prepare myself for saying goodbye to my family, but to embrace the independence I am given. You can't just have fun all the time. You have to study a lot to pass your classes with good grades and make the Dean's List. I would just want to prepare myself for what is to come and how to cope with living on my own.

Dear High School Me, Take chances and shoot for the stars. Spend that extra hour on homework to get the better grade. Ask your teachers for help. No question is stupid. Spend extra time working on your violin solo for college auditions. It could make the difference! Scholarships, scholarships, scholarships! Apply for them all!! You'll never realize how expensive college is until you're struggling to pay for it. You won't realize this now, but three close friends are all you'll ever need. Last but not least, procrastination is never the answer! Love, College Me

Courtney, let's talk about your fear of interacting with people. Introversion is okay, but you should not be afraid to do something as simple as ordering a pizza. Everything that happens to you during the next four years will depend on your ability to assert yourself among strangers. I don't want you to worry; you will eventually develop this skill. But you could save yourself an abundance of time and stress if you stepped out of your comfort zone sooner and accepted that, although you might make a fool of yourself, each mistake is a learning experience. Furthermore, I think you will find that others don't judge you as harshly as you judge yourself. Just remember that other people, although they may hide it well, are often as uncertain as you feel. Don't be afraid to ask specific questions for fear of being "annoying." Don't pass up that job just because you can't bring yourself to speak to the manager in person. Soon, you will be the only person who can advocate for yourself. That's scary, but believe me, you will be so much happier and more independent as you become more assertive.

Kristine

If I could talk to my high school senior self I would tell myself that things would get better; friends were easy to find and keep in the Pride Alliance, that it was not as scary as I thought and it is not as easy as will seem in the beginning. I would tell myself to start my day with the 10:10 and 9:30 classes instead of 12PM, to work harder to get that Work Study job to stretch the GI Bill, and to never skip class unless absolutely necessary. I would also tell myself to be more patient with people and school, because if I took my time and studied more then I would not have to worry later. I think I would also tell myself that 16 credits is alright for a Freshman regardless of what the lady says, but it is a great thing to take the science class as soon as you can. Those fill up fast. Just keep your chin up, be more outgoing with strangers than your friends (to make new ones), and when it comes to the point of choosing between two things, just think about your future. Good luck.

Future Rebecca, I am going to need to actually think about college, before Sam convinced you to go back to school you we're just going to wing it. I know you don't want the same thing that happend to dad, to mom but now she is willing to move off with you so don't worry about that. If you think about it, everybody is in Idabel is a loser. I mean, the weathiest man in Idabel is on trial for raping thirty kids. Do you remember what Mrs. Hamiton said in 8th grade? That you would never amount to nothing in the future no matter how hard you try? Well, if you stay in Idabel that will become true. Right now you are doing well in school, and you aren't having very much trouble, except with your finances but, you will get that in order. Make Dad proud, go to school a little after you graduate, and make Sam and Mom more suprised than they every have been. Your a good kid, been through alot and need a break sometime in your life. This could be the opportunity for you to spread your wings and fly!

Amealia

Wow, I would give myself one big piece of advice, and that would be to not care what others thought about me, and to love myself for who I am. High school is a place where we are all growing up. It's a time to have new experiences and make new friends, possibly friends that will be in your life forever. We are all trying to fit in and be a part of something. While doing so, however, peer pressure and insecurities will get in the way. I remember always wanting to be accepted by the "popular" kids in school. And I would tell myself now to just be me. I know now that none of that matters, and I wasted a lot of time not liking who I am, and thinking that being liked by "popular" people was more important. I know now that I love who I am, and I know what I want out of life. And the people who have stayed in my life past high school are the ones that mattered the most.

The simple piece of advice I would give myself would be to not try to fight the changes that were happening in my life. I would tell myself to grow with the changes and not try to keep them from happening. Change is good and it is a part of life and growing into the person that I am today.

Jocelyn

Although this prompt asks me to give my high-school self advice, I feel as though I already received it when I was in high school from my English teacher, Mr. Brady. Mr. Brady often advised me, and one day when I was venting to him about how no one saw life the way I saw it in my small-town high school, he told me, "In a small town, everyone is generall brought up the same way, so someone who thinks differently isn't always accepted, but don't worry because when you get to college, there will be many students with different backgrounds, and you will find a community that suits you." His words didn't just help me get through a rough time in high school; they remind me every day in the university to seek a community where I can relax and be myself. Therefore, if I were to give myself any advice, it would simply be to continue focusing on knowing myself, my quirks and my passions, so that I, as a someone about to enter college, could better recognize the community Mr. Brady assured me of when I found it.

tenley

The best advice I have ever received pertaining to college and life in general was given to me on the day I graduated from high school. The commencement speaker turned and faced us graduates and told us that the key to life is perseverance. That advice alone, coupled with my first year experiences in college, have helped me realize that I am privileged to have access to an education. In many third world countries, education is not guaranteed to all. If I were to ask a child from the lower part of the caste system in India, what they want most in their life; I am certain that one popular response would be "to go to school." I have faced numerous obstacles in my first year of college, but "to persevere" is the one thing that I am committed to do. The best way to get through the obstacles that life throws at you is to be persistent; and being a student who is fortunate enough to be given an education, I think I owe it to myself to work hard and never give up!

Relax, college is not completely different from high school... College is not difficult as people proclaim it to be. Make your own experiences and enjoy every moment (the good, the bad and the ugly). Focus and Organize your time (make time to study and make time to have fun)

Mara

I would go back in time and tell my high school senior self to study harder, spend more time with your family, pick up extra shifts at work, but have fun. Spending more time on the books would have prepared me for the amount of work that has to be done in college. If I would have learned early, I would not have had such a rocky start at the beginning of my college career. Also, family should always be more important than friends. They will always be there for you, through thick and thin, but your friends will not. Friends change over the years, but your family will last forever. Extra shifts at work would also be a good idea. College is expensive and every cent you earn will make a difference. But finally, I would tell myself to have fun in your last year of high school. After this comes a whole lot of work for a long time. This is the time to make memories that you can hold on to for the rest of your life.

I wish I would have told myself to be realistic in my choices. I wish I would acquired better study habits, and I wouldn't have left certain people behind.

If I could go back in time to when I was in high school, the very first thing I would do would tell myself to apply to all the colleges earlier. There would be times that I would not believe that I can accomplish my goals and put myself down and think that there was no way I would be able to accomplish my goals. After that, I would tell myself that you are going to grow up to be a strong, independant woman and have a child that needs you to accomplish your goals, so that you can set an amazing example for her. I would also tell myself that I need to go ahead and get school done now, while I am still young instead of trying to balance myself between a job, school, my daughter, being a wife and many other roles that would be easier to take on if I had gotten a college education earlier in life instead of waiting. The last piece of advice I would give myself is to stay strong, don't let others get me down and know that if I just put my mind to it, I can accomplish anything.

Genita

Speaking to myself as a high school senior with the knowledge that I hold now is something I truly wish could happen. I would advise myself to stay focus, follow through with my goals, and keep in mind that education is the key to success. Having the feeling of accomplishment is wonderful. Plenty of time will be available for having fun and dating in the future. As a high school senior you must realize, that is not the end of your education. Furthering your education is a must in my eyes. The question I would pose to you would be; where do you see yourself within the next ten years? My answer to that question would be, I will be a Nurse, married with children. Without enhancing your education after high school, your career choices will be limited. There should never be a limit put on your life. You should reach for your goals and never allow someone to tell you that you can not be anything that you want. If you stay focus and keep your eye on the prize, you should be the best at whatever you choose to do. I will not limit my expectations of me.

Knowing what I know now about how difficult transitioning into college is, I would have prepared myself more. Leaving high school about 2 years ago seems like it was just yesterday. I feel as though I could have done much more in preparation for furthering my education. I was indecisive for a while about what I wanted to do with my life, and that just took time away from pursuing my goals. Looking back, I would have immediately started looking into career choices and my interests before I graduated high school. I would have planned to take life more seriously, instead of putting my education off. Though I did maintain a full time job during the time, I could have done that as well as gone to school for something I have been wanting to do for a long time- nursing. I have been greatly influenced by my mother since I was a child, and I’m proud of myself for finally taking the initiative to pursue the right path to achieve this goal.

Stormie

If I could go back in time to talk to myself, I would suggest taking college classes or college preparatory classes at the high school level. Knowing about the college prep classes would have given me an idea of what some college classes were like. It would have helped in the preparation of what to listen for during lecture and lab; also it would help me take notes without having to record the whole class. College classes would have been great in high school to get the hang of the transition from that level of school to college, instead of just walking straight into it. Another bit of advice I would give myself is to plan my day, and classes. This would have allowed me plenty of time throughout the day for studying. Time management is a very important key of college. Especially, from having a structured time schedule in the same time frame, day after day in high school, to the freedom of choosing what classes to take, and where to take them during college. If I could go back in time, those are two items of advice I would give myself.

Desiree

If I could go back in time and talk to myself I would say, your actions as a teenager have made you a stronger person today but you could live without all the regret and hardship. I can not stress it enough, stay focused in high school and be concerned with your education. The route your taking your going to end up losing many of your childhood years to going down the wrong path. There is a time for fun, but a time to prepare for the future also. Your life does change when you bring three amazing children into this world. You know how you say your kids will never have a curfew, they can hang around whoever they want, etc.? Yeah, that doesn’t happen. You put your kids on schedule. You push them to excel in school. You are that mother who cares. Another look into the future, you will be active on the PTA and a girl scout leader. Who would’ve thought! Eventually, you go back to school to become a nurse. Your actually a very good student. It does all work out with a lot of hard work and determination on your part.

If I had the opportunity to go back in time and talk to myself as a senior I would advise myself to pay more attention to my studies and to my school work verses focusing more on what my plans were for the weekend. Now that I am in college I am learning that living on my own requires more responsiblity than what I had anticipated and that my studies come first then my personal life. In high school my personal life was what came first and was more important to me, so my grades suffered greatly. I wish now that I would have focused more on preparing myself for the real world, that way college would be an easier transition for me. Not having to depend on my mother to do things for me but having to cook, clean, do laundry, and live on my own was something I did not pay enough attention to in high school. If I had an opportunity to go back and do my senior year over again, I would focus on grades and preparation for the real world.

malcolm

Stay focused on school and always be grateful for what you have.This is a great oportunity for myself and only good can come from out of it. allways give it my all and never give up dispite how hard things may get!

Jackie

If I were able to go back in time as a high school senior, the advice I would give myself is to make productive decisions that I could live with throughout my journey as a college student, and on to the workforce. The four major areas I would work extremely hard on in order to relieve myself of any workload stress, would be to first become a great listener, and to absorb as much information I can as it relates to my academics. Secondly, get the proper rest, eat breakfast and drink plenty of water. This gives my body and mind a chance to work together and not against one another. Time management, would probably rank highest. Another area would be to set realistic goals on completing assignments. Lastly, tutoring and setting a disciplined study schedule to allow yourself the appropriate time review assignments before and after classes.

If I had the opportunity to go back and talk to myself as a high school senior, I wouldn't have many things to say. I adjusted to college life fairly quickly, and I've never been one to do much partying, so that didn't have any impact on me. I would probably just tell myself that things would be difficult at times, but to keep my head on straight and focus more on my schoolwork and less on my friends if I needed to. Time to myself wasn't usually one of my main priorities my freshman year, and it should have been. As a result, my grades weren't exactly what I'd hoped, even though I'd studied. Now I know that there are changes that need to be made to improve my standings, and I'm going to make sure those changes are made.

ashlee

The advice I would give myself if I was a high school senior again, I would tell myself to listen. Going through college I have realized that those years I spent in high school I didn't listen. Now, needing the information in college but not being able to recall the information because I didn't listen. Learning in college is to take in and digest the information and store it into a learned folder in the back of your mind. In high school what you learn goes through one ear and out the other side. I would have a lot easier time with my college work if I could go back and tell myself the information I know now. I guess we all have our own ways to learning and I probably would not have listen to myself because my education was not important to me at the time, I did not take it seriously. So, two important goals I tell students now in high school that I wish I could've told myself in high school is to listen and to take your education serious because learning can help you in your future, not just at that moment.

Alennis

I would tell me to really apply myself to my studies and that anything is possible. I would advise myself to get into a highly competitive university and get as many degrees that I would interested in. Dedicate myself soley to my education and sacrifice the small things for a successful future. Moving away to a university shouldn't be intimidating and would serve as a vital life experience, a glimpse into being independent. Be prepared to do intense amounts of homework and studying because that is the only way to get ahead and be in the top percentile of my graduating class. Also, if possible, do not get a job until I graduate so that school remains my number one priority and the center of my focus. Lastly, always give 110{4a082faed443b016e84c6ea63012b481c58f64867aa2dc62fff66e22ad7dff6c} and I will always be happy and feel accomplished.

Lora

TO YOURSELF ALWAYS BE TRUE, THERES ONLY ONE YOU... THERE WILL BE TIMES WHEN OTHERS WANT YOU TO CONFORM AND BEND, BUT BREAK THE CYCLE, LOOK WITHIN, SET YOUR OWN TREND, DON'T BLEND IN! THESE WILL BE IRREPLACEABLE MEMORIES, ALWAYS REMEBER TO HAVE FUN BUT NEVER FORGET YOU ARE A STUDENT, AND YOUR CLASSES ARE PRIORITY #1 COLLEGE IS JUST LIKE REAL LIFE, IT’S ALL ABOUT BALANCE SOME TASKS WILL BE EASY AND SOME WILL CAUSE GREAT CHALLENGE MOST IMPORTANTLY REMEBER TO ALWAYS ASK FOR HELP, THE ONLY DUMB QUESTIONS ARE THOSE NOT ASKED AND REMEBER TO GIVE YOUR BEST NO MATTER WHAT THE TASKS LIVE IT UP, BE FREE, THIS IS YOUR TIME TO SHINE! BUT EVERYTHING YOU DO REFLECTS YOU, SO KEEP YOURSELF IN LINE ENJOY THE MOMENTS, DO NOT STRESS, BECAUSE ONCE THESE YEARS ARE OVER, YOU'LL BE AT YOUR BEST THERE WILL BE SOME THAT DON'T LIKE YOU, AND SOME THAT LOVE YOUR VERY BEING BUT ALWAYS STAY FOCUS AND NEVER STOP ACHIEVING COLLEGE IS NOT GOING TO BE EASY, BUT IT IS NOT IMPOSSIBLE TO COMPLETE, AS LONG AS YOU OPEN YOUR HEART TO POSITIVITY AND CLOSE YOUR MIND TO DEFEAT.

If I could go back in time and give myself advice when I was a high school senior, I would warn myself of everything I have to pay for. I would tell myself to try finding less expensive used books online or from someone you know. I would let myself know that even though there are plenty of scholarships out there and you apply for them, does not mean you will win them so save your money from work. I would also warn myself to stay up the night before the new semester classes open so you can add them as soon as they open and not have to worry about the class you need being filled. I would also tell myself to not ever be late or miss class because the professors will not let you make up your missed work. Also, studying every day is much better than trying to cram the night before after you get off work. I would also tell myself to find out prerequisites for the university you want to go to. Most importantly, I would tell myself to get enough sleep and eat breakfast every morning because you will definitely need the energy.

I would tell my college self to take post secondary classes to save myself money. It is a great program that allows students to study for free while still in highschool. Also, I would tell myself to not worry so much about college. College is a fun experience and is very enjoyable where you can meet new people and make new friends. I would also encourage myself to not be afraid to be myself and voice my opinion. College classes are a great place to do this and have a good discussion with peers about your beliefs. Something that I saw with many students that were struggling in class, is that they did not attend class all the time. It is very easy to skip class because there really isn't any reprocussions. Although it is easy to skip class, it is very important to attend because you recieve valuable information and ultimately earn a better grade. College is a great way to further your education and I think that everyone should go.

I would advise my high school self to stay focused and keep my eye on the goal I want to acheive.

Tasja

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would give myself lots of advice. First, I would tell myself to look for more financial aid. I would spend much more time looking for it, to make sure that I got as much as I possibly could. I would also tell myself to save as much money as possible and to look more into what career path I want to follow. I would also compare the costs of school more and look at the expense of the dorms and meal plans, not just the tuition.

Shane

If I could go back in time as a high school senior I would tell myself to listen to my parents more about where to go to school. I would also tell myself to consider your options and do not just choose one places and decide that is it. It is better to have alot of options availible to choose from than to limit yourself. I would tell myself to fill out more scholarships as a senior because college is not cheap especially when you have to pay for it by yourself, and to get a job as soon as possible to pay for your bills.

dernia

The advice I would give myself is to specialize in time management. Time is everything. You're going to have to make time to study, sleep, work, eat, and save yourself some free time. The best way to do that is to invest in your own personal organizer. I aslo would tell myself to go into college with an undecided major. You might think you know what you want to major in before you get there but once you start working in that field, you may no longer be interested. You can always change your major but sometimes you will need to take extra classes or classes in the summer so my best advice would be to go undecided. If you go undecided, you will already be covered for the classes you need when you actually do decide on what you really want to major in. Another thing I want to address, is that you should give yourself some time to prepare for college so at least apply for fall semester, that away you'll have time to transition from a high school student to a college student.'

Since coming to college, my confidence in myself and my determination to succeed in life have rapidly increased. I am not only more comfortable in unfamiliar situations, but also steady and sure of my ability to handle whatever comes my way. I have learned to stand up for myself and to dream big and shoot for the stars. I love my classes and am learning so much about different subjects and myself, whether it be realizing that I hate a subject I thought I liked, or figuring out exactly how much study time I have to put in to learn the material and do well in the classes. College is not only everything I thought it would be, but more and I am so happy that I decided to go to college. I am planning on attending grad school after I graduate because I am learning so much and enjoying every minute of the time I spend in school! It is so different from high school - completely worth it.