Indiana University-Purdue University-Fort Wayne Top Questions

Jena

It's not what I expected. It was very over whelming at first. Which is typical for freshman, but the school could have done more to prepare me. I felt overwhelmed by the scheduling of my classes. I wish I had known to schedule my classes so that I had time during those days for homework. And that parking is a nightmare!

Kristina

I wish I would have chosen a major or I had someone to help me figure what it is I want to do with my life.

Dannika

I wish I would have known other living options and that there is no meal plans. There are restuarants but no cafeteria. The dorms are apartment style but very expensive. I wish I would have known of other apartment options near campus as well as other food options.

Kari

The different programs they offered. i just jumped into business but after taking anthropology classes i'm going to major in that as well. so just do more research before you just pick one.

noah

I wish I had the forsight to keep any documentation indicating the number of credits needed and projected date of graduation as given to me by my advisor. Also, I wish I would have gotten verification from the the Dean that the information being given to me was accurate and legitimate.

Erin

I wish I had known the importance of getting involved early in my college career. Many times when I was presented with an opportunity to get involved, I told myself that this is something I could do as a senior. I did become more involved during the latter half of my undergraduate career, but I wish I would have taken advantage of the opportunities presented to me during my freshman and sophomore years (i.e. internships, travel abroad, national exchange program, campus organizations, campus jobs, etc).

I wish that I would have known that parking is the biggest problem on campus. With more people going back to school and this being a campus that most people drive to and from everyday they should really have more areas to park. This was people are not wasting so much time.

I wish I would have known more about scholarships. I filled out a few applications while I was in high school, but I didn't really qualify for much. So now, I work full time and go to school just so I can afford it. It gets really hard to do both full time. If I could go back in time, I would have applied for every scholarship that I could have, so I could put more focus on school and getting good grades. I would also be able to have more campus life experience without working 40 hours weekly.

Before I came to this school, I wish I would have known how important filling out scholarships really were. I wish I would have known this so I would'nt have to be paying as much money as I am right now. If I would have filled out more scholarships I would have more spending money then I do now, and I would'nt have to worry about having an amount of money at a certain time.

kathryn

nothing

Lucas

That it was not the typical college life. It is very different from colleges that are portrayed on television. Another thing was that the University was not very big, but that turned out to be a good thing.

chad

I wish I had realized thre lack of student academic advisors ready to help you

Crystal

How to work the school website, to sign up for classes correctly

Chelsea

That the professors do not take the classes very seriously.