Indiana University-Purdue University-Fort Wayne Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Indiana University-Purdue University-Fort Wayne

Gretchen

Indiana University-Purdue University-Fort Wayne is an amazing school! The moment I stepped on campus I knew it was the one for me. This is my second year attending, and while the world's circumstances have made it a little difficult, the faculty has all been very active in helping students adjust. I changed majors during my first year, and the advising staff were very helpful; they were willing to talk to me and give me information about the majors they advised and help me find the one that fit best. The professors can be a mixed bag, but you get that at any school. Most are very involved and will do anything to help their students--whether that be with things within their class or outside of it! The students are fun, classes are interesting, and overall I don't regret choosing this school at all. I'd choose it over any other in a heartbeat!

I love it here. In my personal opinion you have to get yourself involved to have fun. If you don't seek opportunities to have fun and meet new people you will not. But I think that's everywhere. I think that the staff is very open if you need help you should ask. If you do not they will never know if you need it. It's a quiet place but there are a ton of events and clubs to get involved in. You just have to look and they are not hard to find.

Dezhana

Overall, it is a great campus. I loved it after one visit and I would recommend it to anyone. It's not only a beautiful and safe environment; it is a beautiful and safe environment that always has something going on. So, being bored really shouldn't happen.

bernadette

It is a good school especially for the cost and the location, it provides many opportunities to the community and the region. I am grateful for the education it has afforded me.

Joby

I love being on campus of IPFW! The campus isn't very big, which makes it very easy to navigate. The academics are amazing for the classroom sizes are not huge, which brings the student-teacher relationship to a new level. IPFW is amazing and would highly recommend attending.

Micheala

I love IPFW, it's gorgeous in the fall. Wonderful classes, staff, and area.

Riley

IPFW is an affordable university and offers quality educational opportunities. I enjoy a smaller campus, and I have met friends through my coursework. Some professors go out of their way to be accessible, but I have had others who never respond to their email.

Miles

It was a very well rounded school. There we're any opportunities to get into sports, arts, and clubs. The students are very helpful as well as the professors. The safety is a big priority and there are areas to request police presence should someone feel uncomfortable.

IPFW is overall a great school, and it gets a bad reputation simply because it's a "local" school. The professors are among the best I've ever seen, the classes are interesting and small-sized, and the education is worth much more than you pay for it.

Rebecca

A good place to jump start your career with an environment that is very accommodating for academics

Jayla

I am currently enrolled at IPFW because I was unable go to the desired college due to financial issues. Although I was not to excited about transferring schools a few weeks before classes started, it turned into an amazing opportunity. Not only am I saving a lot of money by attending lPFW, but I am also getting a good education. I have completed 15 credit hours and am currently enrolled in 12 credit hours, having a total of 9 different professors. That being said, the professors I've had, have been more than willing to help me when I need it and very considerate when it comes to the complications associated with ADHD, that I have. So, overall I would highly recommend Indiana University- Purdue University- Fort Wayne if your looking for a great, reasonably priced education.

Kathryn

When I went for a visit, they were extremely welcoming. They did a presentation and offered to answer any questions we had. During the tour, they showed all they had to offer, including housing, classes, and facilities. They also specialized the tour for the major I was interested in. The college was absolutely amazing!

Madison

This is overall a nice university who prides themselves on student envolvement. Most of my professors are easy to talk to and are great at explaining things! There is also loads of free tutoring and so many outlets to get homework help. I’ve greatly enjoyed my time here thus far.

Savannah

It’s a local college, so it’s a lot less expensive, but it also has a beautiful campus, with plenty of places to go and explore outdoors. I skipped and entire day of (2) classes to walk around in the waking spring flora. The teachers are a very mixed bunch, with some approachable and lax, while others get your head in the acedemic game. Overall, 10/10!

Jacob

Indiana University-Pursue University is a unique university in a great city. Students have the luxury of being able to choose between an Indiana University degree or a Purdue University degree. Facilities are newly renovated and are more comfortable than ever. The student union offers multiple amenities for students to relax and unwind. The sports center is an amazing facility. Four basketball courts and an indoor track allows year around play without worrying about the weather. Their weightlifting facilities need to be updated. The facilities are not bad, but they could use an expansion as the student population steadily rises. I have not had a bad encounter with the faculty. Professors maximize their availability within and outside of designated office hours. This especially goes for the math instructors. Professors also allow flexibility out of understanding that IPFW is mainly a commuter campus. There are plenty of computer labs for students to work in, and they allow sixty dollars of printing per semester; with each page costing five cents. There are plenty of resource centers where students can receive free tutoring for as long as they want. I’ve personally spent up to five hours with a free math tutor. Student life is one key missing aspect of the university. Student housing is small and the vast majority of students are commuters; so student involvement is minimal. There aren’t any wild rallies or parties at IPFW. This small university is academic orientated. Greek life is non-existent on our campus. Student housing is great though. The recreational center is an amazing place to have get together and relax. Housing is apartment style with each person having their own bedroom. Overall, IPFW is a great place to get a good education while keeping costs low. If you’re looking for a campus experience on top of an academic one, I suggest you look for a larger university.

This is a commuter school. While I love my classes as well as most of my professors, I keep running into conflicts with admin and the running of things. Additionally, I keep getting punished for being an out of state student as well as for transferring in a years’ worth of credits from Concurrent Courses.

Meagan

Friendly, interactive, and safe. I was pleasantly surprised about the quality of the cafeteria food. It was fresh and delicious. The variety of food was impressive and the access to free coffee was mind boggling. The track is my favorite place to study because I can sit someplace quiet and get to work or get up to walk a lap or two when my brain can't hold anymore information.

William

The campus is decent but the classes and professors are excellent. I never felt like I was being left behind in my classes. When needed the professors are fully willing to spend whatever time they need to in order to help you succeed. The housing is the best I saw while I was out college shopping.

Allison

My first impression of IPFW was the great housing options. For what you get, the price is good. There are not many things going on around campus, and if there are, we don't know about them. Academically, most professors are great. However others have teaching styles that don't always work well for students.

Abigail

I like my school. It's not a huge college like Purdue's main campus, but there are some perks to it being small. I have been lucky and always had great professors. It can be small sometimes, a little cramped. I loved student housing when I lived there. It was recently redone and it very homey.

Alexandria

I am a transfer student of Indiana University Northwest and when I transferred over to Indiana University-Purdue University Fort Wayne, I completely fell in love. All the teachers do not hesitate to show that they are there for you - academically and personally, the students are here to learn and make the best of their college years, and the people really make the campus look beautiful!

Juliana

I love going to school at IPFW. The campus is beautiful and welcoming. The professors are always willing to help. The professors i have had have always been available to me whenever I needed them whether it was through email or office hours. I would recommend IPFW to anyone!

Alicia

I enjoy going to IPFW, although it's now PFW and IUFW, but it's a really nice campus. Plenty of areas to study, lots of students do group work and help each other. Most professors are available and many try and help as much as they can. I have yet to have a professor I haven't liked and have enjoyed all of my classes, even organic chemistry and that is saying something.

Breanna

I love the size of the campus

Heather

When I first began at IPFW, I have to admit that I did not like the college at all. I went to campus only to go to class and left immediately after. I always thought that I would enjoy going to a larger school such as Indiana University or Purdue University instead. However, I just finished my sophomore year and I have to say it was one of the best years of my life! I love this school now and everything about it. The people are amazing; the staff is always friendly and available and the small class sizes are wonderful! It is nice to know that professors actually CARE about their students and get on a first name basis with each and every one of them. I have also become more involved this past year and learned that there are so many free things given out all the time(which is always a plus)! Overall, I give this school a 5/5 :)

Rebecca

Imagine Your Experience at IPFW Imagine a college where you can participate in research projects, explore career paths, take a wide range of classes, have professors who take extra time with students, delve into your own interests and participate in clubs all on a beautiful campus near many restaurants, stores and parks. Now imagine going to a professor and saying I want to create my own research. You tell the professor your idea and ask for his help. This is not part of a class so it will be extra work for the professor and you. The professor agrees and spends many hours working with you as you complete your own research. Imagine graduating from college with a broad base of knowledge equipped for many different types of jobs and earning potential. If you can imagine yourself doing these things then IPFW is the right school for you.

Alishia

Professors seem passionate about what they're teaching, which helps keep class interesting, and most of them are willing to meet with students outside of office hours by appointment. There are also plenty of events and activities to get involved with.

Fatimah

I think it is a pretty amazing campus which I would be proud to attend in the upcoming school year. The serenity of the campus is a plus. the housing system is like no other. You have the opportunity to have your own individual room in their apartment-style housing. If you enjoy cooking, there is a kitchen readily available for yourself and your flatmates. It is a well-rounded campus.

Tabitha

Going to IPFW is a very great experience and you get the college feel. It's amazing! I love meeting new people and getting to know them. I always feel like I have help. There seems like there is always some sort of activity going on and it is always fun. This is a great college to learn and achieve what you want in life.

It is a great place that cares about its students. It is also a beautiful campus located central of Fort Wayne. All the professors are helpful and accessible when the student reaches out. There are also a ton of options for courses to be taken. The different clubs and organizations really care about their students too.

Savanah

It’s a very affordable, safe, and great campus to be at. There’s plenty of opportunities to get involved with activies and jobs. There’s always room for making new friends and finding the best study areas. It’s a really great campus and is enjoyable to be on for the duration of college days.

I think that Indiana University - Purdue University is great because they really encourage their students to learn, they provide every opportunity to assist when needed. Seeing students succeed is their highest priority. The campus itself is very nice, I love to study at the library. They have a local coffee shop on campus which is awesome I can support some place local plus have coffee so close!

Tanvir

Purdue Fort Wayne is a very unique school. When I came here at a freshman, the overall population or attendance of students at the school had been quite few. The professors which I had my freshman year were very good at teaching and professional. You could tell that they were experts in the fields that they were teaching in. The facilities are great! The library which they have is great! However the on-campus food is a bit of a problem mainly because it is so expensive. However that may be the case for every college. Overall I would rate the college a 3 out of 5 stars.

Brooke

This year I started attending volleyball games with my boyfriends family and before that I had never considered attending PFW. I went on a visit a few weeks after the volleyball game and fell in love with the campus! Even though I will be commuting and not spending all of my time at PFW I completely recommend this to ALL students. There are groups and activities for all people! Student life at PFW is phenomenal. All incoming freshman/transfer students should check out PFW! You cannot beat this.